News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

juniorthomas

HA...my brother-in-law is beyond obsessed. The man had my mother-in-law's basement literally filled with boxes of Star Wars toys, etc...and that doesn't even account for all the stuff he has crammed in his apartment. (Just for the record, he's 56 and only got rid of all the stuff when my mother-in-law moved 3 years ago.)
Got rid of all the stuff? I'm sure good ole Darth would find his lack of faith...disturbing.

ImperfectPixie

And then GE opens and he'll have a chance to build his own lightsaber. And then he'll have the chance to build three others.

Here's to stuff!
I've been teasing him about Galaxy's Edge since the day it was announced!!! I doubt he'll ever make it to either park...he's a telemarketer for a charity and doesn't make much and doesn't seem to want to improve his situation at all (he literally just makes enough to eek out what some would say barely passes as a living including buying tons of small collectibles, and at 56 I'm not expecting him to ever change).

I was telling hubby about the lightsabers last night...I am totally stoked to get at least one, and the costumes...LOVE them. I tend to lean towards the higher-end collectibles, and I'm uber picky about what we display in the house because we have limited options (not a ton of blank wall space - too many windows/doorways), so I was excited to see all the offerings they have in the higher-end, but I have to admit I really wasn't too impressed with the toys I saw pictures of...I'm hoping they were only showing the ones they considered unique. Hubby likes a mix of more authentic-looking collectibles and toys, and of course our sons are into the toys in a big way. Is it just me or do Star Wars characters/droids not translate well to stuffies?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
The star trek experience was not Thousands of dollars to experience....
It could be, if one (a) flew in from a great distance, (b) stayed in a suite at the LV Hilton, (c) ate at a name-brand chef's restaurant, and (d) bought all the up-charges available, including getting plastered at Quark's Bar. Just consider that the Star Wars hotel will be prix fixe instead of a la carte.

Bocabear

It could be, if one (a) flew in from a great distance, (b) stayed in a suite at the LV Hilton, (c) ate at a name-brand chef's restaurant, and (d) bought all the up-charges available, including getting plastered at Quark's Bar. Just consider that the Star Wars hotel will be prix fixe instead of a la carte.
but the 2-day base experience at this Star Wars Resort will most likely be in the thousands...Then if you want a Lando Calrission suite, a Princess Leia Cupcake Party and a Wookie Encounter photo package, you are going to spend more than the average family would budget for a week's vacation at the Happiest Place on Earth...

polynesiangirl

I am really interested to see how this shakes out. We LOVE Star Wars and would (and have) spent plenty to incorporate it into our family vacations, but I'm just not really that into the whole "multi-day experience/LARP" aspect of this, and I don't know that I'd want to lose multiple days of my Florida vacation to a more dictated, apparently largely indoor experience like this.

I know we don't have all the details, but I do echo others who wonder about its longevity. I could see us doing this once just to see it, but I wonder about the "replay-ability" of it all, especially given the price tag. (Then again, I know a lot of people who are willing to throw a LOT of money at Star Wars, and I have to imagine Disney's at least done some of their homework here...)

Incomudro

I am really interested to see how this shakes out. We LOVE Star Wars and would (and have) spent plenty to incorporate it into our family vacations, but I'm just not really that into the whole "multi-day experience/LARP" aspect of this, and I don't know that I'd want to lose multiple days of my Florida vacation to a more dictated, apparently largely indoor experience like this.

I know we don't have all the details, but I do echo others who wonder about its longevity. I could see us doing this once just to see it, but I wonder about the "replay-ability" of it all, especially given the price tag. (Then again, I know a lot of people who are willing to throw a LOT of money at Star Wars, and I have to imagine Disney's at least done some of their homework here...)
When my children were smaller, I definitely would have gone in for the whole hotel - Galaxies Edge thing for them and with them.
Now that they will be 18 when we go next May, the sort of level of pretend and role plat that entails isn't something that I could get into.
I can immerse myself into the land as I do in all WDW locations - let myself go with it, don't try to spot the underpinnings and flaws.
But the full on hotel thing, dressed up and pretending... I can't do that now.

Last edited:

juniorthomas

I've been teasing him about Galaxy's Edge since the day it was announced!!! I doubt he'll ever make it to either park...he's a telemarketer for a charity and doesn't make much and doesn't seem to want to improve his situation at all (he literally just makes enough to eek out what some would say barely passes as a living including buying tons of small collectibles, and at 56 I'm not expecting him to ever change).

I was telling hubby about the lightsabers last night...I am totally stoked to get at least one, and the costumes...LOVE them. I tend to lean towards the higher-end collectibles, and I'm uber picky about what we display in the house because we have limited options (not a ton of blank wall space - too many windows/doorways), so I was excited to see all the offerings they have in the higher-end, but I have to admit I really wasn't too impressed with the toys I saw pictures of...I'm hoping they were only showing the ones they considered unique. Hubby likes a mix of more authentic-looking collectibles and toys, and of course our sons are into the toys in a big way. Is it just me or do Star Wars characters/droids not translate well to stuffies?
Well here's hoping he gets there one day. I'm thinking he'd enjoy it.

And I took those toy images to be the more generic stuff that could be available in the larger stores. Nothing of what they showed seemed to be all that special. I sincerely hope they have more, better things coming!

nickys

Premium Member
When my children were smaller, I definitely would have gone in for the whole hotel - Galaxies Edge thing for them and with them.
Now that they will be 18 when we go next May, the sort of level of pretend and role plat that entails isn't something that I could get into.
I can immerse myself into the land as I do in all WDW locations - let myself go with it, don't try to spot the underpinnings and flaws.
But the full on hotel thing, dressed up and pretending... I can't do that now.

Curious as to why your children being 18 affects your ability to immerse yourself? If you’d said 12 or so, I could have totally seen it, as in just doing it for them. I can see how them being older changes the dynamics. I’m the other way, I couldn’t have coped trying to explain everything to my boys when they were young (not least because I wouldn’t have a clue what was going on), which for me would detract from getting much enjoyment from it.

That said, I don’t know how seriously I’ll be able to take it, but I’ll definitely be going with DH and our now adult sons. I think it’ll be a lot of fun, even as a pretty casual Star Wars fan.

Incomudro

Curious as to why your children being 18 affects your ability to immerse yourself? If you’d said 12 or so, I could have totally seen it, as in just doing it for them. I can see how them being older changes the dynamics. I’m the other way, I couldn’t have coped trying to explain everything to my boys when they were young (not least because I wouldn’t have a clue what was going on), which for me would detract from getting much enjoyment from it.

That said, I don’t know how seriously I’ll be able to take it, but I’ll definitely be going with DH and our now adult sons. I think it’ll be a lot of fun, even as a pretty casual Star Wars fan.

The willingness and desire to play for little kids is strong - as is their desire to do so.
My son's now being 17 and 18 by the time we visit Galaxies Ege... Well, one of them certainly wouldn't get into role play (that's how he is now) the other one might - he's far more into Star Wars, Marvel etc. than the other guy.
He'd certainly love to stay in the hotel - though I'm not sure how involved in role play he would get.
But in any event, it's way different than it would have been when they were like 6-11.

gerarar

Premium Member
I don't think anyone posted this here yet; but regardless construction is moving along greatly! (Pic from forbidden site)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom