News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

durangojim

I'm looking forward to this but I'm really wondering how many repeat customers there will be. I'm a a die hard SW fan who's willing to spend serious money on this and other SW things but I'm doubting we'll want to stay there more than once in a five year period.

durangojim

I wouldn't be surprised at $800/night/person given what we know today. Some Disney Cruise Line prices have increased by ~50% since 2017, so $150/night/person extra is ballpark-y.
Do we know if all rooms will be created equal or will there be different categories like on the cruises? Also will they have an equivalent Castaway Club for frequent visitors? A meeting with Lord Vader and Palpatine, lol.

SWGalaxysEdge

Do we know if all rooms will be created equal or will there be different categories like on the cruises? Also will they have an equivalent Castaway Club for frequent visitors? A meeting with Lord Vader and Palpatine, lol.

...different rooms....depending on your budget of course...

Cabins.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I'm looking forward to this but I'm really wondering how many repeat customers there will be. I'm a a die hard SW fan who's willing to spend serious money on this and other SW things but I'm doubting we'll want to stay there more than once in a five year period.

It probably won't need many repeats. From what we have seen there will be at most 100 rooms. So if we assume and average of 4 people per room (which is probably on the high side) and a two night stay that's only 73,000 guests a year total. Compare that to the 20 million people who visited Magic Kingdom in 2017.

durangojim

It probably won't need many repeats. From what we have seen there will be at most 100 rooms. So if we assume and average of 4 people per room (which is probably on the high side) and a two night stay that's only 73,000 guests a year total. Compare that to the 20 million people who visited Magic Kingdom in 2017.
I don't disagree but I'm thinking of the longevity of this project. How many SW fans are out there after the first couple of years to pay thousands for a 2 or 3 day experience if it doesn't change? Maybe there are many but I'm concerned that there might not be as many as Disney thinks. Then again it might be such an amazing experience that people like me do it yearly!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I don't disagree but I'm thinking of the longevity of this project. How many SW fans are out there after the first couple of years to pay thousands for a 2 or 3 day experience if it doesn't change? Maybe there are many but I'm concerned that there might not be as many as Disney thinks. Then again it might be such an amazing experience that people like me do it yearly!

Who ever said the experience wouldn't change?

flynnibus

Premium Member

You mean like cruise ships that goto the same places.. for years and years?

durangojim

You mean like cruise ships that goto the same places.. for years and years?
Yes, except that on a cruise ship you have pools, entertainment, ports of call which offer different experiences. Here you'll have Galaxy's edge, which won't change much, and I'm not sure how many different activities you'll have at the hotel. I'm not bashing the hotel but I'm just wondering about the longevity and I'm exactly the type of guest they would want to have - a SW fan, someone who spends a lot of money at Disney, goes on multiple Disney cruises and loves the parks and experiences regardless of cost.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Yes, except that on a cruise ship you have pools, entertainment, ports of call which offer different experiences. Here you'll have Galaxy's edge, which won't change much, and I'm not sure how many different activities you'll have at the hotel. I'm not bashing the hotel but I'm just wondering about the longevity.

This is where 'immersive' kicks in IMO. This is meant to be things you live.. not just see. Between rotating content they can develop.. I think they will be fine. Its simply a question of how much and how frequently.

But we're comparing to a consumer base that visits WDW which largely stays the same.. and no one questions why these people go multiple times a year :)

38053WDW

Found this yesterday looking around.. It almost makes sense to have it like a cruise show to keep the "show" going throughout your stay. The show can reset every 2/3 days? Also i don't think it will be too tall at all to hide the back of SWL and also immerse you into the wooded area..

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Found this yesterday looking around.. It almost makes sense to have it like a cruise show to keep the "show" going throughout your stay. The show can reset every 2/3 days? Also i don't think it will be too tall at all to hide the back of SWL and also immerse you into the wooded area..

Jack does a good job summarizing, but, you realize it's mostly info he's gotten from here and BlogMickey, right?

MickeyMinnieMom

Since it's so small I'm not sure how many repeats they'd need. They could also switch up the experience, have "special" weekends of one sort or other, etc. They'll find a way to entice some into returning. ;)

nickys

Premium Member
Since it's so small I'm not sure how many repeats they'd need. They could also switch up the experience, have "special" weekends of one sort or other, etc. They'll find a way to entice some into returning. ;)

I’m sure we’ve already discussed the option of having a full-on LARPing version every month or so, with more family-friendly versions at other times. That kind of thing.

MickeyMinnieMom

Jack does a good job summarizing, but, you realize it's mostly info he's gotten from here and BlogMickey, right?
And elsewhere (this isn't the only board that discussed at length ages ago). ;)

But it's still useful to have a nice summary for anyone new to the topic, rather than having to comb through pages and pages -- or be lectured about required reading (though that'll probably happen anyway here -- even to people who have read it all!). That video would be useful in a first post.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Except there’s a road between the park and the resort. Not such a great expansion pad if you need to re-route a road to use it.
Well, it's not like Disney has never crossed over/under a road, railroad, or canal with a ride before...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom