News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I honestly think you’re projecting your own expectations and thinking the general public thinks the same as you do. But yeah we’ll see in two weeks.
No not at all. I just think people are underestimating what the public is expecting and how insanly crowded the park is going to be on may 31st. As long as i have fun on the rides i am good. To me a land is only as good as its rides.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
No not at all. I just think people are underestimating what the public is expecting and how insanly crowded the park is going to be on may 31st. As long as i have fun on the rides i am good. To me a land is only as good as its rides.
Well the general public wasn’t going on for pages and pages of how Disney was failing because you personally can’t walk up the Falcon ramp. So me thinks you doth protest too much.

Phroobar

Going to the new land on May 21st 1-5pm!! Very excited!
I hear it's very pretty there.

ccs-58780-0-74289300-1480597432.jpg

ThistleMae

but they have a right to feel that way based on how Disney has advertised it as you not being in Disneyland but actually in the star wars universe. plus how many people have reported on here castmembers are being trained as actual characthers but not getting paid for it. they are trying to make people believe they are no longer in Disneyland. they are trying to set the bar for something never done before. people having these expectations is perfectly fair to me.
I have a tendency to lower my expectations, so I won't be disappointed. That way I can always have a better than expected outcome. Do I think it will be a cool land...sure, but I don't think it's going to be as immersive as some people imagine.

Last edited:

Phroobar

Well the general public wasn’t going on for pages and pages of how Disney was failing because you personally can’t walk up the Falcon ramp. So me thinks you doth protest too much.
The general public knows nothing about immersion. They are just looking for the ride entrance and where the food & stores are. They are not expecting some crazy cast member to take them away for a bounty.

britain

The general public will be thrilled that the millennium falcon is built to scale and doesn’t look like a Target cardboard aisle display.

Probably every guest will think “Oh do we walk up the ramp? We don’t - OK where do we go?“ and that will be the end of their ramp concerns.

Incomudro

The general public will be thrilled that the millennium falcon is built to scale and doesn’t look like a Target cardboard aisle display.

Probably every guest will think “Oh do we walk up the ramp? We don’t - OK where do we go?“ and that will be the end of their ramp concerns.

I'm kind of betting some cast members will be "working" behind the barricades that surround the Falcon.
At least in the early stages of the park.
The barriers will allow actors to come out and mill about in there unimpeded by guests.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Well... in hindsight it looks like they got most of them covered... but they couldn’t do it for the falcon subtly

I'm really interested to see how they keep guests away from the ships, etc without just railings. I see a lot of surfaces it looks like guests will be able to interact with... I hope they can keep it up!

Edit: all the helicopter video is great for this... can see most of the ships are on these 'pads' that will have barriers around them

The falcon one looks like an after thought no doubt. It does ruin the scene look it was going for... but they could not have left it as it was. Chalk it up to design fail...

Rich T

I get what you are saying but all I am saying guests having high expectations of immersion based on everything Disney has released and what has been reported here is fair game even though we all know in the back of our minds we are at a theme park. I think it is completely fair.
But this kind of ballyhoo is nothing new-- For Disney, Apple, Six Flags, Barnum and Bailey...just about anyone in the entertainment business. Remember the Ads for Cars Land? I'll bet there's a small percentage of guests who were disappointed to not see Filmore actually riding the Flying Tires, or upset that Mater didn't actually fly through the sky during Christmas. You should see the 1977 TV commercial for Space Mountain. The full-page L.A. Newspaper Ad for Splash Mountain's opening ("THE WAIT IS OVER!!!") depicted the log dropping down a nearly verticle drop.

And, if you've been following the building of attractions over the past 20 years, you *know* what kind of self-congratulatory horse pucky you're gonna hear from certain Imagineers during interviews and D23 presentations. It's all part of show-biz (cue kazoos and Henry's tap-dancing skunk hat).

Ismael Flores

I'm kind of betting some cast members will be "working" behind the barricades that surround the Falcon.
At least in the early stages of the park.
The barriers will allow actors to come out and mill about in there unimpeded by guests.

Didn't they say that they might have free standing robots in areas of the land? recently in one of the articles they again mentioned that possibility when talking to the Disney PR. I wonder if areas like this under the Falcon with barricaded barriers might be used for something like that as well

Snow Queen

Didn't they say that they might have free standing robots in areas of the land? recently in one of the articles they again mentioned that possibility when talking to the Disney PR. I wonder if areas like this under the Falcon with barricaded barriers might be used for something like that as well
Yeah, that article said they were built but being held back until crowds were a little more manageable. They were testing them off in Tomorrowland a while back:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom