Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Stripes

I looked back and it seems we missed this tweet. Man does it look incredible on a cloudy day!

Bleed0range

Standing in this room is going to be incredible. Worth the price of park admission alone.

You can kind of almost do this in the kids area on the Disney cruise ships lol. They have a Falcon area with a pilot seat and small seating area.

Also... I listened to the GE theme John Williams did again and I’m going to have to disagree with those who think it isn’t up to snuff. The theme sounds similar to the kind of establishing shot you would see of a big city like Mos Eisley or Mos Espa. Use your imagination a little to fill in the adventure that makes it more magical.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So, through a rather odd chain of contacts, I've learned that there is a plan for a Coke kiosk in SWL, though, it will be added later and not at opening. It's supposed to be right near an entrance, but my contact didn't say which entrance.

Well... whadya know...

drod1985

Blog Mickey's post says one Coke kiosk will be near "The Garage" and speculate that "The Garage" refers to Smuggler's Run. "The Garage" sounds much more like the building with the Speeders parked in front of it to me. That'd make more sense too, as BM also says a kiosk will be outside Oga's, which is in close proximity to SR.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Sad is believing this because:

1. It's MiceChat, no longer a reliable source of info; and,
2. Restaurants make money. A SW Restaurant with entertainment would make a lot of money. If that was not the case, then Oktoberfest and Marrakesh would have closed down or gotten rid of their entertainment
3. Our insiders say that droids aren't suspened because of cost, but because of wall-to-wall crowding of humans.

Rteetz

Sad is believing this because:

1. It's MiceChat, no longer a reliable source of info; and,
2. Restaurants make money. A SW Restaurant with entertainment would make a lot of money. If that was not the case, then Oktoberfest and Marrakesh would have closed down or gotten rid of their entertainment
3. Our insiders say that droids aren't suspened because of cost, but because of wall-to-wall crowding of humans.
1. Its from a source on their forums not the website itself.
2. Yes that is true but as we know it was obviously cut to save costs. If that wasn't the case it would've been built.
3. Yes I am sure crowding is part of it but I am also sure costs are part of it too. I can see Disney never adding them if people seem to be fine without them.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
What was going through their mind, I don't know. But, not building a profit center is not really saving costs.

If there isn't a Star Wars restaurant will people just not eat, or will they go offsite? They will probably just eat somewhere else on property so removing it doesn't necessarily create a huge impact on profits.

Disney Analyst

There are so many factors that go into this, that source is seriously misinformed.

They likely wanted to wait on the restaurant to:

a) have a reason to bring people back in a future expansion

b) help with crowd control by not having to deal with dinner reservations/people waiting around for a restaurant

c) they are going to be using that space for Millennium Falcon overflow queue space for the first few months. Disneyland currently is setting up containers in that space to build extra queue.

Droids:

They built droids and even tested them, this is clearly a crowding issue/people ruining things for everyone issue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom