working out for Disney

Sans Souci

I didn't get much sleep last night, so I saved my workout for lunch and after work. With the kids home, they got lunchtime duties with the puppies while I sweat it out to old seasons of Project Runway. Hey, it's better than when I was watching the Great British Bake Off during my work outs. Nothing revolutionary during my workout, but pleased that I got it done. I think it's also beneficial with the anxiety I've been dealing with over the weather.

Speaking of things to help with the anxiety...I'm really glad we have the dogs in all of this. Snuggling dogs in times of great stress also does wonders. Sure, they added to my fears on Tuesday, but it's moments like this when I have two sleepy sweet puppies that gives me a lot of peace and happiness.

33944378678_774e16b8c4_c.jpg

Your doggos have gotten so big. You can tell they both feel like they are a part of your family now. :inlove:

Sans Souci

Happy Mother's Day to the moms of the 2 legged kids and 4 legged kids! 🌺🌸💐

I did a half hour work out this AM. I'd like to go on a long walk later, but the weather is so rainy today. It's chilly, too. :cautious:

I've got nothing planned other than that. I really didn't want to go anywhere to eat for brunch or dinner. We're having carne asada with refried beans, rice, salsa, guacamole, etc.

I'm trying to motivate myself to call my mom. She is a really toxic difficult person. I just want to get it out of the way, so I can enjoy the rest of the day.

HouCuseChickie

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

I did something I wasn't supposed to do today...I started running a little early. Training officially starts on Tuesday, but I wanted to try some things with my watch (among other things) before going live. My training plan involves a run/walk approach, which I've seen some runners classify it as a HIIT workout. I wound up doing a 5k just to see where I'm at right now. I forgot how much slower I am when off the treadmill, but I was much faster than I've ever been on the road/trails...the watch even said so! :hilarious: What's crazy was how good it all felt. I never felt winded, the going back and forth kept me entertained, the new headphones kept me aware of my surroundings while still engaged with my music, the new shoes and socks felt really good, and I like the new shorts too...love having the pocket for my phone. I think I had a 10k in me this morning, but I don't want to injure myself this early on. I'm also making sure to stay on top of cross training, so I did the rest of my normal workout after I got home to help the muscles...including a lot of leg and hip stretches.

Sans Souci

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

I did something I wasn't supposed to do today...I started running a little early. Training officially starts on Tuesday, but I wanted to try some things with my watch (among other things) before going live. My training plan involves a run/walk approach, which I've seen some runners classify it as a HIIT workout. I wound up doing a 5k just to see where I'm at right now. I forgot how much slower I am when off the treadmill, but I was much faster than I've ever been on the road/trails...the watch even said so! :hilarious: What's crazy was how good it all felt. I never felt winded, the going back and forth kept me entertained, the new headphones kept me aware of my surroundings while still engaged with my music, the new shoes and socks felt really good, and I like the new shorts too...love having the pocket for my phone. I think I had a 10k in me this morning, but I don't want to injure myself this early on. I'm also making sure to stay on top of cross training, so I did the rest of my normal workout after I got home to help the muscles...including a lot of leg and hip stretches.

Sounds like a good run after all of the weather drama of the past week or so. I hope it holds out for you.

Sans Souci

I got out for my walk, but it was rainy, chilly and raw. Nice Mother's Day. :cautious: My hands were red and hard to move when I got back. I got back two hours ago, and I swear, I am still cold. Less than 24 hours ago, I was sitting outside in shorts and a t-shirt.

I am so tempted to draw a hot bath and then get into bed with a book. :cat:

Sans Souci

Hello-

I did a quick, high intensity work out this AM. I wanted to get out for a walk, but it's really coming down and it's been coming down all day. It's also not warm. I think it's supposed to dry up tomorrow, but it's still going to be in the 50s. It warms up quite a bit after that.

Does anyone else get scammy phone calls that leave voicemails? I keep getting voicemails in Mandarin. I got one today that was allegedly from United States Citizenship and Immigration Services. In broken English, I got threatened with deportation if I didn't return the call. Let me get right on that! :hilarious:

I am making roasted chickpeas and veggies with lemon-cashew cream for dinner tonight. I went for it this weekend and I now I need to eat something healthy. :p

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hello-

I did a quick, high intensity work out this AM. I wanted to get out for a walk, but it's really coming down and it's been coming down all day. It's also not warm. I think it's supposed to dry up tomorrow, but it's still going to be in the 50s. It warms up quite a bit after that.

Does anyone else get scammy phone calls that leave voicemails? I keep getting voicemails in Mandarin. I got one today that was allegedly from United States Citizenship and Immigration Services. In broken English, I got threatened with deportation if I didn't return the call. Let me get right on that! :hilarious:

I am making roasted chickpeas and veggies with lemon-cashew cream for dinner tonight. I went for it this weekend and I now I need to eat something healthy. :p

Some people have been complaining about receiving those types of spammy phone calls. We even get some at work -- they must be just dialing in sequential numbers. Goodness knows how many of these stupid calls go out from computers that can handle probably thousands an hour, or whatever. Ugh.

HouCuseChickie

Some people have been complaining about receiving those types of spammy phone calls. We even get some at work -- they must be just dialing in sequential numbers. Goodness knows how many of these stupid calls go out from computers that can handle probably thousands an hour, or whatever. Ugh.

I am so sick of all of the spam calls. We get them at work as well and unlike my personal phone, I can't ignore them.

HouCuseChickie

I did a fairly standard workout this morning. I made sure to focus on arms and shoulders while biking and just loosened up my legs on the treadmill and with ballet moves, since today was my first official training run. It was in the low 80s so I felt like I huffed and puffed more than I did on Sunday, yet I pushed myself during the run segments and I did noticeably better in time. It was just a 30 min run with walking warm up and cool down, and it came after a long day in the office while wearing heels, but I got it done.

Sans Souci

There's been such an uptick in the past year for me. Luckily, my phone labels them "Scam Likely," so I ignore it. Some of the voicemails I receive are hilarious. I get robotic voices telling me to call back or they will "proceed with the court proceedings." :hilarious:

Sans Souci

I did a fairly standard workout this morning. I made sure to focus on arms and shoulders while biking and just loosened up my legs on the treadmill and with ballet moves, since today was my first official training run. It was in the low 80s so I felt like I huffed and puffed more than I did on Sunday, yet I pushed myself during the run segments and I did noticeably better in time. It was just a 30 min run with walking warm up and cool down, and it came after a long day in the office while wearing heels, but I got it done.

My hat's off to you for working out after work. I need to do it early, or it just doesn't happen.

I stopped running a few years ago, I was inhaling too many bugs. It was so disgusting. I could feel them moving in my windpipe and then I could feel its presence for days after it finally died. I can't be the only one who experiences this? :depressed:

Sans Souci

Hello-

Yesterday, I did a workout with gliders. I liked that there was no jumping around, and it still got my heart rate up. I also went for a walk, it was not the best weather, but it was not as nasty as Sunday and Monday.

This morning I did a ballet-inspired leg workout. It used gliders and ankle weights. 💃 Today, the sun is out and it's supposed to be in the low 70s, so I am hoping to get out once it warms up a bit. 🌞

I am thinking of grilling some chicken marinated in lemon juice, oregano and garlic for dinner. My husband suggested carry outs. I am half tempted, but I am thinking of keeping that option for Friday or Saturday night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom