working out for Disney

HouCuseChickie

So, @HouCuseChickie I just saw on the news more flooding and more washed out roads in Houston. Was this an old report or even more storms in your area? How's it going in your neighborhood after all that rain?

We actually did much better with this latest round of weather. Obviously, not all of the Houston metro area was so lucky, but it's also better to not have the same areas getting pounded. Our driveway gate is the latest casualty from this weather, but the roof didn't have any leaking last night (good b/c the roofer couldn't make it) and very little flooding last night for most of our little area. We got about 4" from this round, but that was over the course of 9-10 hours. The storms were strong, but no hail at our house (baseball sized in some areas) and less rain over a longer period of time definitely helped us. I believe we had a little over 10" on Tuesday over just a few hours and a little over 6" last Friday in under an hour, so I think the previous rounds just overwhelmed us with so much falling in such a short period of time. They canceled school today, so the kids are thrilled. I just hope we make it through the next round (supposed to hit tonight) without issues.

I will admit that I was a nervous wreck through all of it. I was reminded of all of the wine I consumed during Hurricane Harvey. I didn't turn to drinks last night, but hubby indulged me with the latest episode of Fosse/Verdon to try and help get my mind off of the weather for a little while.

I also uploaded my pics of the debris line at our back door. I know it looks filthy, but it's wet and from flood water...so it's not going to be pretty. Either way, it shows how close we were to water in the back of the house on Tuesday.

47813030191_204ff34d95.jpg

47760956112_2030f4226c.jpg

I recorded this from the camera in the kids' playroom on Tuesday around 2:20pm.

I was comparing it to the picture I took at 1:50pm and based on the mailbox, I think the water was already starting to recede by the time I captured the video.

46889462895_7de55eaf36.jpg

Not the best pic, but this winter weather pic (not very common here) from 2018 is a good gauge for how high the water was on Tuesday. Obviously, that's the mailbox before Friday's flooding stripped away most of its decorative exterior.

Thank you for the concern and just praying we make it through the next round. Whew!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Yeah, my best friend sent me the Turbo Jam DVD.....cardio party and 20 minute workout, and she told me that the gal, whose name is escaping me at the moment, is too much for her, and she does the workout on mute so she doesn't have to listen to her. But I need the music in the background, and the instruction. But yeah, she is pretty annoying. But it's the constant "Isn't it GREAT to get to work your tail off and get all gross and sweaty? WOOHOO!!!" that bugs me.
I guess what I enjoy is dancy stuff...I love dancing, and I really did like some of the Turbo Jam stuff, though I HATE speedbags. And I can't do a lot of the kicks because when I lift my leg up off the floor, it feels like my hip is breaking. Anything where my leg is unsupported in the air is a no-no for me. I can do walking, though running kills my hip, and I can do punches, and such, just not anything high impact.
Crazy Chalene. She's wayyy too loud although sometimes PIYO is a nice change of pace

HouCuseChickie

I didn't get much sleep last night, so I saved my workout for lunch and after work. With the kids home, they got lunchtime duties with the puppies while I sweat it out to old seasons of Project Runway. Hey, it's better than when I was watching the Great British Bake Off during my work outs. Nothing revolutionary during my workout, but pleased that I got it done. I think it's also beneficial with the anxiety I've been dealing with over the weather.

Speaking of things to help with the anxiety...I'm really glad we have the dogs in all of this. Snuggling dogs in times of great stress also does wonders. Sure, they added to my fears on Tuesday, but it's moments like this when I have two sleepy sweet puppies that gives me a lot of peace and happiness.

33944378678_774e16b8c4_c.jpg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Speaking of things to help with the anxiety...I'm really glad we have the dogs in all of this. Snuggling dogs in times of great stress also does wonders. Sure, they added to my fears on Tuesday, but it's moments like this when I have two sleepy sweet puppies that gives me a lot of peace and happiness.

Ain't that the truth! They're so cute. Noticed the Nylabones (mixed among the toys). My dog also likes a Nylabone. 🐶

HouCuseChickie

Ain't that the truth! They're so cute. Noticed the Nylabones (mixed among the toys). My dog also likes a Nylabone. 🐶

I'm a big fan of Nylabones. They are part of the mix of toys/tools we trust to leave in their crates and seem to always be my best tool to teach what's OK for chewing. The Kongs and Everlasting Bento balls seem to stay in the crates, but they like the Nylabones enough to bring them out.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I'm a big fan of Nylabones. They are part of the mix of toys/tools we trust to leave in their crates and seem to always be my best tool to teach what's OK for chewing. The Kongs and Everlasting Bento balls seem to stay in the crates, but they like the Nylabones enough to bring them out.

Our dogs have loved nylabones! We had a dog that carried one particular Nylabone around like it was a cigar in his mouth, he looked so funny!

Sans Souci

I guess what I enjoy is dancy stuff...I love dancing, and I really did like some of the Turbo Jam stuff, though I HATE speedbags.

I don't like speed bags, either. I feel like I might accidentally punch myself in the nose.

I did some searching around and I found a few channels for you. These tend to be shorter videos, but you can string them together if you want a longer work out. Some channels have ab workouts too, so you can mix and match.

Sans Souci

I actually have gotten in most of my workout today. I let my anxiety and guilt power my biking. I didn't complicate it...just went fast. I still have to get in my treadmill time, but I can do that later as it's just a short burst. I even got in some arms and ab work. Now, if only the anxiety and guilt would go away. The anxiety will be there until the weather threats have passed and we can get the roof checked out. The guilt should pass too. Apparently, some parents abandoned their vehicles up on the highway and walked to the schools...and of course, my kids wanted to know why I didn't do that for them. That's all well and good, but the water was waist to chest deep in some places, big trees and limbs were coming down, any higher ground was a mud pit full of abandoned vehicles, and I was in a dress and heels. I think this is why my younger one's teacher was texting me to remind me she's safe and to make sure I do the same. Hopefully, I'll sleep better tonight.

Did your girls have to spend the night at school?

Sans Souci

Oh, I'll take a photo or two I'm sure. So we will head to Savannah next Wednesday through Friday, then on down to Saratoga Springs until the following Saturday. We might go to the Flower and Garden Festival this trip, but have not decided yet. Might try the water parks too, who knows? Going to take the bicycles again and do some cycling while there, as that is something we really enjoy.
Should be a nice trip. Lots of good eating in Savannah and of course I am looking forward to that. I scored us a bargain rate at the Savannah Westin Harbor. We have stayed there before and really like it. Very nice place with great views of the cargo ships headed up and down the river, great views of Savannah just across the river, and a free ferry ride across the river to River Street and the Historic District. Oh, and the photo I downloaded is kinda questionable, as that river water is never that blue.

View attachment 370311

It sounds like a nice, little getaway. I hope you both have fun. :)

Sans Souci

Crazy Chalene. She's wayyy too loud although sometimes PIYO is a nice change of pace

I think you *really* like her or you *really* don't, because some people are gaga for her. So many of my friends told me how fun Turbo Fire is. I've never made it though the entire rotation. I don't like the music, even though it's supposed to be a selling point. She had some custom songs made for Turbo Fire. There's this song with lyrics that are "I'm a bad girl; break me like the law." What? It just made me roll my eyes so hard whenever it came on. Worst song lyrics ever. :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom