working out for Disney

Sans Souci

My sinuses have also been a mess since that weather went through last week. The headaches were so strong from the sinus pressure that I was feeling sick to my stomach. Last night, I took the store brand version of Mucinex Maximum Strength Sinus Max and it did wonders. Hopefully, you can find something that will help.

I know that slumping feeling. I've had so many days where I feel like I'm going through the motions and it's hard finding something new to add in to jump start the process.

I am going to look into that. Because I have post nasal drip now and that makes me feel so gross--sore throat and nausea. I'm on prescription meds, so I need to ask my doctor first.

I feel like I need to do something new or maybe take a week off.

Sans Souci

She was looking at her calendar trying to schedule some business trips and one would have her in Savannah for the beginning of that weekend, so I went ahead and told her to keep that weekend open for the fireflies. She was thrilled and glad I went ahead and told her. Scheduled Savannah for the end of next week and I am going to go with her then from there we are headed on down to WDW for a week at Saratoga Springs.

What a fun trip--a twofer. I hope you take some photos for us. :)

Sans Souci

Don't give up. I think your hubs has a point. If they completely rejected you, you'd probably know by now. I'm surprised by how long the process is for these jobs. I'll bet a bunch of candidates end up taking other jobs elsewhere, as they may not be able to wait it out (financial reasons, etc.).

It's crazy! My guess is they don't mind if the wait thins the herd, since they get a boat load of applications. I'd just like to know soon, my husband has vacation time booked next month that he can't move. We didn't plan anything, because we didn't know where I'd be! LOL

Sans Souci

Sorry about your sinuses. I hate that! I feel like I'm finally getting past the hay fever stuff. The itchy, swollen eyes drive me NUTS.

I'm curious....do you usually like your workouts? Because what you describe....everything being repetetive and nothing is fun, you dread it....that's how I ALWAYS feel. I have never LIKED working out. I only do it in hopes of getting in better shape, but I hate every second of it. I hate the feeling of being sweaty, I hate being short of breath, I hate how achy I get...there's just nothing that I LIKE about working out. With the Turbo Jam workouts I was doing before I messed up my hip, there was a certain point where she says that it's all up to you how much energy you have...."Just decide right now that you have a lot of energy" and I just wanted to punch her. And she would say "I know you're having fun right now, because if you weren't, you wouldn't be doing it!" WRONG! So I'm just wondering....is that just me? Do you all LIKE working out? Is it something you miss if you can't do it?

I liked doing yoga everyday. That was the one thing I could do every morning without dread. But a couple of weeks ago, I started doing a practice and I just got really irritated and turned it off. Ironically, it's the shorter, but high intensity workouts I dread. They are over as quickly as they begin, but I hate every minute of them. I don't like Turbo Jam and it's mostly because of the instructor. She is so extra. The people in the background bug me, too. I can't do classes where the instructor never stops talking and people in the class are whooping and hollering. I have Turbo Fire and I could never get through the entire plan b/c she is just TOO MUCH. If you can, look into other instructors on You Tube. If you tell me what you are able to do and what types of activity you like, I could probably find a channel for you.

Sans Souci

I think it may have to do with this awful weather pattern, my get up and go has got up and left. At least my farm market opened on Saturday and I was out and about walking, spent all day Sunday cooking but yesterday's barre was slightly better than getting a broken bone set. today the sun popped out for a while so I enjoyed that with a walk but dread the cooler weather moving in tomorrow

Barre :depressed: I do it occasionally to make sure I don't like it.

I've become so exhausted recently. I used to wake up at 4:45, have a quick cup of coffee and workout. Now, I am waking up with my husband's alarm and I stay in bed until about 8. It's ridiculous. I think maybe it's because there is a longer amount of sunlight and I am going to sleep much later. In the winter, I am in bed at 9--because there's nothing else going on. Now, I am active much later into the evening.

Sans Souci

Hello-

I went back to yoga today. It was a 40 minute You Tube practice. It was called "Loving in a Time of Hate." She read some words from an author afterwards and she started crying while she was reading it, then I started crying. They were very touching words. :)

I belong to this FB group for United FA candidates. It's an open secret that recruiters and trainers lurk, but that doesn't stop this one woman from being obnoxious. She has tried to get into United twice now and no judgments here, but it's the things she says. She wasn't hired, so United is "ageist." But it's her attitude that's preventing her from getting hired. She was a FA for Pan Am and she never lets anyone forget it. It's always, "At Pan Am, we did it like this." I'm not trying to be funny, but I was still in HS a hundred years ago when Pan Am collapsed, so much has changed in the aviation industry. She is so condescending to the younger candidates. It's not necessary. Someone posted they have an interview tomorrow in Houston tomorrow, but she's been diverted to San Antonio. Miss Pan Am told this person, "All of this trouble and you probably won't even get hired." :eek: But yeah, it couldn't possibly be her personalty that gets her passed over, it must be her age. Who wants to work on a 12 hour flight with someone so bitter and obnoxious?

I think I am going to do 30 minutes of yoga in the morning for now. I'm just going to do what makes me feel good and not worry about calories burned. :)

HouCuseChickie

@HouCuseChickie keeping my fingers crossed the storm misses you
Ditto. It sounds like it's nasty there right now.

Thank you! The good news...we are all home safe, our home has not taken on any flood water, our vehicles are ok, and for the seemingly endless hours that we were trying to get home, the schools did an amazing job providing food and shelter for our kids. I was shocked, but even the puppies managed to hold it for nearly 14 hours.

Not going to lie though...it is BAD out there and I see a water spot on an area in the ceiling. We also have a girl spending the night with us because they have over a foot of water in their home and as of 9pm, the water was still too high for her family to leave and get her. The water has receded in my subdivision, but it's still raining and there's more on the way. I had to make a big loop around the northern half of the city before I could get into my town. I know there were a lot of high water rescues and some roads that washed out. We saw some of the late night news coverage and they were covering the extreme high water that was at the intersection that's literally four houses away. Really hoping it doesn't get any worse and that there's no major roof damage. We had the roof installed in July of 2017, so it's not like it's an older roof.

Songbird76

I liked doing yoga everyday. That was the one thing I could do every morning without dread. But a couple of weeks ago, I started doing a practice and I just got really irritated and turned it off. Ironically, it's the shorter, but high intensity workouts I dread. They are over as quickly as they begin, but I hate every minute of them. I don't like Turbo Jam and it's mostly because of the instructor. She is so extra. The people in the background bug me, too. I can't do classes where the instructor never stops talking and people in the class are whooping and hollering. I have Turbo Fire and I could never get through the entire plan b/c she is just TOO MUCH. If you can, look into other instructors on You Tube. If you tell me what you are able to do and what types of activity you like, I could probably find a channel for you.
Yeah, my best friend sent me the Turbo Jam DVD.....cardio party and 20 minute workout, and she told me that the gal, whose name is escaping me at the moment, is too much for her, and she does the workout on mute so she doesn't have to listen to her. But I need the music in the background, and the instruction. But yeah, she is pretty annoying. But it's the constant "Isn't it GREAT to get to work your tail off and get all gross and sweaty? WOOHOO!!!" that bugs me.
I guess what I enjoy is dancy stuff...I love dancing, and I really did like some of the Turbo Jam stuff, though I HATE speedbags. And I can't do a lot of the kicks because when I lift my leg up off the floor, it feels like my hip is breaking. Anything where my leg is unsupported in the air is a no-no for me. I can do walking, though running kills my hip, and I can do punches, and such, just not anything high impact.

Songbird76

Thank you! The good news...we are all home safe, our home has not taken on any flood water, our vehicles are ok, and for the seemingly endless hours that we were trying to get home, the schools did an amazing job providing food and shelter for our kids. I was shocked, but even the puppies managed to hold it for nearly 14 hours.

Not going to lie though...it is BAD out there and I see a water spot on an area in the ceiling. We also have a girl spending the night with us because they have over a foot of water in their home and as of 9pm, the water was still too high for her family to leave and get her. The water has receded in my subdivision, but it's still raining and there's more on the way. I had to make a big loop around the northern half of the city before I could get into my town. I know there were a lot of high water rescues and some roads that washed out. We saw some of the late night news coverage and they were covering the extreme high water that was at the intersection that's literally four houses away. Really hoping it doesn't get any worse and that there's no major roof damage. We had the roof installed in July of 2017, so it's not like it's an older roof.
Yikes! I hope your roof isn't damaged! I'm surprised they even have school in session with weather like that!

HouCuseChickie

Yikes! I hope your roof isn't damaged! I'm surprised they even have school in session with weather like that!

I'm guessing the district didn't want to go to the trouble of coming up with a game plan that only involved a portion of the district. There's also the monetary aspect that could be driving things. They also keep pushing back the time frame for the next round to come in. I don't know if I made the right choice, but I had my kids go to school today. They keep pushing back when the next round of rain is supposed to come in. I told the kids I will keep an eye on radar and if I feel uncomfortable with what I see, I will go up and sign them out...hopefully before we are in a flash flood situation.

The portions from about 0:50 to 1:20 are right near our house. It took me watching it several times to realize that the segment with the boat on the trailer is passing directly in front of our home. Can't see our home, but the white house you can see to the right is on the cul de sac directly across the street from us.

https://www.click2houston.com/weather/kingwood-area-hit-hard-as-thunderstorms-move-through

epcotisbest

What a fun trip--a twofer. I hope you take some photos for us. :)

Oh, I'll take a photo or two I'm sure. So we will head to Savannah next Wednesday through Friday, then on down to Saratoga Springs until the following Saturday. We might go to the Flower and Garden Festival this trip, but have not decided yet. Might try the water parks too, who knows? Going to take the bicycles again and do some cycling while there, as that is something we really enjoy.
Should be a nice trip. Lots of good eating in Savannah and of course I am looking forward to that. I scored us a bargain rate at the Savannah Westin Harbor. We have stayed there before and really like it. Very nice place with great views of the cargo ships headed up and down the river, great views of Savannah just across the river, and a free ferry ride across the river to River Street and the Historic District. Oh, and the photo I downloaded is kinda questionable, as that river water is never that blue.

westin.jpg

Last edited:

epcotisbest

I'm guessing the district didn't want to go to the trouble of coming up with a game plan that only involved a portion of the district. There's also the monetary aspect that could be driving things. They also keep pushing back the time frame for the next round to come in. I don't know if I made the right choice, but I had my kids go to school today. They keep pushing back when the next round of rain is supposed to come in. I told the kids I will keep an eye on radar and if I feel uncomfortable with what I see, I will go up and sign them out...hopefully before we are in a flash flood situation.

The portions from about 0:50 to 1:20 are right near our house. It took me watching it several times to realize that the segment with the boat on the trailer is passing directly in front of our home. Can't see our home, but the white house you can see to the right is on the cul de sac directly across the street from us.

https://www.click2houston.com/weather/kingwood-area-hit-hard-as-thunderstorms-move-through

Crazy to have to go through that again so soon. Be safe!

Songbird76

I'm not sure which video you are referring to....there are several on that page, but the one I watched didn't have a segmnt with a boat. It was just a part of the road that has been washed away. Not that that's not really bad, but it doesn't match up with what you described, so I don't think that's the video you meant. Hopefully it doesn't get worse!

epcotisbest

I'm not sure which video you are referring to....there are several on that page, but the one I watched didn't have a segmnt with a boat. It was just a part of the road that has been washed away. Not that that's not really bad, but it doesn't match up with what you described, so I don't think that's the video you meant. Hopefully it doesn't get worse!

The link to the video opened fine for me.

Last edited:

epcotisbest

It takes me to a news page with several videos, but the top one is only of part of a road that's washed away. Needless to say, there's no traffic in the clip, because there's literally no road, so there's no part where there's a boat being pulled by a trailer as described.

I just went back to that link and the video they are showing now of the washed out road is a completely different video than what was there and posted earlier that @HouCuseChickie was referencing.

HouCuseChickie

It takes me to a news page with several videos, but the top one is only of part of a road that's washed away. Needless to say, there's no traffic in the clip, because there's literally no road, so there's no part where there's a boat being pulled by a trailer as described.
I just went back to that link and the video they are showing now of the washed out road is a completely different video than what was there and posted earlier that @HouCuseChickie was referencing.

I always have trouble with sharing news links. I sent it to my parents and I think it took them a few tries before they saw what I was seeing.

Side note...that washed out road was my husband's suggestion for getting me home...obviously, before we found out that that it had washed out.

HouCuseChickie

I actually have gotten in most of my workout today. I let my anxiety and guilt power my biking. I didn't complicate it...just went fast. I still have to get in my treadmill time, but I can do that later as it's just a short burst. I even got in some arms and ab work. Now, if only the anxiety and guilt would go away. The anxiety will be there until the weather threats have passed and we can get the roof checked out. The guilt should pass too. Apparently, some parents abandoned their vehicles up on the highway and walked to the schools...and of course, my kids wanted to know why I didn't do that for them. That's all well and good, but the water was waist to chest deep in some places, big trees and limbs were coming down, any higher ground was a mud pit full of abandoned vehicles, and I was in a dress and heels. I think this is why my younger one's teacher was texting me to remind me she's safe and to make sure I do the same. Hopefully, I'll sleep better tonight.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom