1st Cruise, getting to Port Canaveral?

EOD K9

Downside with Disney insurance is that it only covers the cruise. If you booked airfare through Disney I believe that it will be covered. If you booked everything separately, only the cruise is covered. I use Allianz and the prices are very reasonable.

raymusiccity

Correct. Renting a car both ways was cheaper than buying DCL transfers. $480 for transfers vs. roughly $230 for the rentals plus maybe $25 in gas. Plus we could then hit Walmart/Publix for food and water and a few other items once we were down there instead of paying Disney prices for our one night on-property before the cruise. 😁

Airfare kills us now that we no longer can fly standby. 😢

No matter how you slice it, if you're not traveling by Disney transfer, the ship is not going to wait around for you. Mechanical breakdowns, flat tires, traffic jams, missed connections, etc., can all be your undoing.....

Indy_UK

We are doing a 4 night cruise in sept 2020 before 10 nights at AKL. We are flying in the night before the cruise but need to sort a hotel.

Our Virgin holidays rep has said that if we go and book a 1 night at Disney and let them know our booking number, they'll book us return tickets to port canaveral and back on the Disney cruise coach for free.

If we go to somewhere like All stars, will Disney be able to take our cases to AKL ready for when we return from the cruise and hold them in storage or will I have to take them over?

Maelstrom Troll

I got excited when I read your itinerary but am bummed we are doing it two months later 🤣

Sounds like you have all the advice you need, but have fun and let me know how it went!

flynnibus

Premium Member
We are doing a 4 night cruise in sept 2020 before 10 nights at AKL. We are flying in the night before the cruise but need to sort a hotel.

Our Virgin holidays rep has said that if we go and book a 1 night at Disney and let them know our booking number, they'll book us return tickets to port canaveral and back on the Disney cruise coach for free.

If we go to somewhere like All stars, will Disney be able to take our cases to AKL ready for when we return from the cruise and hold them in storage or will I have to take them over?

Transport to the port from WDW is not free... but can be organized through Disney. Could be a special offer for the UK folks or travel agency though. It usually $70 a person.. but for l&s offers it covers all legs of transport you need.

Disney doesn't normally hold luggage for you while you are on the cruise.. but maybe the hotel would make some exception. My guess is that would be a case-by-case thing with the hotel.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
FYI, the cost of Disney ground transportation (cruise bus) from WDW to Port Canaveral is now $39/person one way.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

I would call both hotels direct to see if this is possible. Bell Services at AKL may not have the space to store your luggage while you are on a cruise. Can you not take all your luggage with you on the ship? There's plenty of storage space in the stateroom, plus laundry service on board if you need it.

raymusiccity

I would call both hotels direct to see if this is possible. Bell Services at AKL may not have the space to store your luggage while you are on a cruise. Can you not take all your luggage with you on the ship? There's plenty of storage space in the stateroom, plus laundry service on board if you need it.
Bay Lake Tower will gladly hold your luggage, and refrigerated groceries as well. We stayed at BLT last month before and after a cruise on the Dream. No problems at all.

Jonathan Dalecki

What we've started doing is flying in day before, renting a car from Alamo, driving to Port Canaveral and stay overnight in one of the dozens of motels (we're Hampton people). In the morning you drop the car off and the rental car places all have shuttles that take you right to the port and handle all your luggage for you. It means that on embarkation day we're practically already there and we don't have to rush around like crazy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom