Resort Luggage Carts

John park hopper

Original Poster
Will be driving to POFQ a week from Sunday staying at pool view room. I can't remember if there are luggage carts available; I have bad knees (need knee replacements) and hauling luggage will kill me. If they don't I can bring the granddaughters red wagon

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I'm pretty sure that Disney resorts don't have luggage carts. If you need assistance bell services might be able to help you. Perhaps you could call POFQ and ask them directly.

MissingDisney

We just returned from CSR and they had them available in little shelters near the driveways at the center entrances of the buildings. I honestly had never noticed them on prior trips as we usually fly and use ME. This time we drove so we took note and made use. Maybe it’s a recent addition????

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
They seem to be restricting use of luggage carts now to Bell Services only, in that they won’t allow you to borrow one and use it yourself. Seems they were being left all over the place and then BS had to track them all down.

John park hopper

Original Poster
Nickys : you are correct just did a Disney chat resorts have luggage carts but guests can't use must be used by guests services

allgiggles

I think it might depend on the resort...the day...the moon phase...and the CM you ask. I was reading a thread about this on another board last week and people there reported that as recently as that week they were able to use the carts but did have to leave a credit card and some also had to leave a driver's license while borrowing the cart. They were told that that's the "new" policy -- having to leave the credit card/ID -- because too many carts were being left throughout the resorts rather than being returned to bell services. When we were at AoA last June, we had to leave something (can't remember if it was a CC or ID) when we borrowed a luggage cart to unload our car. When we borrowed one at the end of our stay to lug everything back to the car, the CM just handed it over without asking for anything from us -- didn't even take our name or room number. And that has been our experience over the last 15 years -- sometimes they've asked for some type of "collateral" and other times they just hand over the cart. I know one time when we were ready to load our car there were 2 luggage carts in the lobby of our building (and they had been there over an hour) so we just used them and then returned them to bell services.

drizgirl

I think it might depend on the resort...the day...the moon phase...and the CM you ask. I was reading a thread about this on another board last week and people there reported that as recently as that week they were able to use the carts but did have to leave a credit card and some also had to leave a driver's license while borrowing the cart. They were told that that's the "new" policy -- having to leave the credit card/ID -- because too many carts were being left throughout the resorts rather than being returned to bell services. When we were at AoA last June, we had to leave something (can't remember if it was a CC or ID) when we borrowed a luggage cart to unload our car. When we borrowed one at the end of our stay to lug everything back to the car, the CM just handed it over without asking for anything from us -- didn't even take our name or room number. And that has been our experience over the last 15 years -- sometimes they've asked for some type of "collateral" and other times they just hand over the cart. I know one time when we were ready to load our car there were 2 luggage carts in the lobby of our building (and they had been there over an hour) so we just used them and then returned them to bell services.
I think I read that it varies by resort level. Value has been able to check out carts for years. I know as many as 7 years ago I had to leave my license to use a cart at Pop Century. I have heard Deluxe won't let guests borrow the carts (different provider of services). Not sure about mods.

MissingDisney

They seem to be restricting use of luggage carts now to Bell Services only, in that they won’t allow you to borrow one and use it yourself. Seems they were being left all over the place and then BS had to track them all down.
Nickys : you are correct just did a Disney chat resorts have luggage carts but guests can't use must be used by guests services
I think I read that it varies by resort level. Value has been able to check out carts for years. I know as many as 7 years ago I had to leave my license to use a cart at Pop Century. I have heard Deluxe won't let guests borrow the carts (different provider of services). Not sure about mods.
We pulled up, took a cart from the little shelter area, used it and returned it within 10 minutes. There were no bell services cast members in sight or a desk/podium, certainly no equipment to run a credit card or anything like that. Maybe it’s just this way at CSR.

Lensman

Would we be allowed to leave them our firstborn instead?

Ricky Spanish

This may sound crazy but we actually bring a cart with us.
We bring cases of Gatorade, water, food, etc. and it comes in handy.
image.jpeg

John park hopper

Original Poster
doesn't seem to be any set standard for Disney cart use
This may sound crazy but we actually bring a cart with us.
We bring cases of Gatorade, water, food, etc. and it comes in handy.
View attachment 367793
Don't think you are crazy we plan on bringing a cart or wagon to haul water, soda and yes bringing a small microwave (never had a problem) heat up breakfast sausage biscuits etc.

Last edited:

wplong1

Premium Member
During out last stay at Boardwalk Villas there were many luggage carts, but I was not allowed to use one personally. Only Bell Services. I didn't ask, just grabbed one early in the morning the day we were leaving and was promptly told "No".

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
My husband and I tried to use a cart one time at one of the resorts (I think it was Boardwalk, but not positive), and were told guests weren't permitted, only luggage services.

John park hopper

Original Poster
If Disney allowed their own microwaves in the rooms then I will assume it is not a fire issue and I will bring my own with a clear conscience. Technically I am not cooking just reheating all ready cooked items. Coffee makers in the room heat water.

Last edited:

Lensman

If Disney allowed their own microwaves in the rooms then I will assume it is not a fire issue and I will bring my own with a clear conscience. Technically I am not cooking just reheating all ready cooked items. Coffee makers in the room heat water.
Yeah, I wouldn't sweat it. No technicality about cooking vs reheating needed. I'm sure a bunch of people here would do the same.

As per the 9 page thread I read on another forum, just try not to smell up the place. No burning your microwave popcorn!

Are there any other points about luggage carts that anyone wants to get in before the thread blows up discussing microwaves in the room? Lol

My sister has that cart that @Ricky Spanish posted and loves it. I like it too since it saves my back when I go over to help her take big stuff to the condo trash area - 26" tube tv, I'm looking at you!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
My sister has that cart that @Ricky Spanish posted and loves it. I like it too since it saves my back when I go over to help her take big stuff to the condo trash area - 26" tube tv, I'm looking at you!
X2 on that cart. We used one at work to move bottled water through our building. We've put up to four five-gallon bottles on it and it didn't even break a sweat. You could move a LOT of groceries on it.

Bonus: the handle folds down so it'll lay pretty flat in your cargo area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom