News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Not to get off topic but these superhero movies are beyond boring and uninteresting to me. The plots are all the same, bad guys are beaten by good guys, some have super powers and the world is saved... these movies are as creative as WDI these days.

wow, that's pretty inaccurate when it comes to the MCU. There's a reason why MCU movies are bringing in record box office numbers and DC movies are consistently disappointing, along with non-MCU Marvel movies, save for a few examples.

They're overall MUCH better in plot, comedy, building upon the lore tying together all 22 movies, and mostly they're just fun.

Avengers: End Game is already breaking pre-sales records and may pass $300 million opening weekend in the U.S.. (though the 3 hour length of the film may be the limiting factor) That's unprecedented and wouldn't happen if they were all "good guys find power and beat bad guys". A lot of the recent films have been about realistic scenarios of people with super powers, but were fallible and had different, but valid points about how autonomous superheroes should be. Yes, these things have been done before in movies, but IMO not this well.

Disclaimer: I've never read comic books or been interested in comics my whole life. Watching the MCU is unique.

WDW Guru

Not to get off topic but these superhero movies are beyond boring and uninteresting to me. The plots are all the same, bad guys are beaten by good guys, some have super powers and the world is saved... these movies are as creative as WDI these days.

Don't want to get too off topic but with all respect to your opinion, the MCU is not all the same. You could say the plots are the same for almost every other action movie put out in our lifetimes. If it's just not your cup of tea, that's fine, but if you want a good video to watch about how much different each movie truly is, this is a brilliant video.

Lensman

Don't want to get too off topic but with all respect to your opinion, the MCU is not all the same. You could say the plots are the same for almost every other action movie put out in our lifetimes. If it's just not your cup of tea, that's fine, but if you want a good video to watch about how much different each movie truly is, this is a brilliant video.

Nice video - though I found it a bit melodramatic. Hits some great points, though!

It's probably worth saying that there are some spoilers in there for a couple of movies. I don't know if I could recommend it to someone who hasn't seen certain of the movies. I'll mention Avengers: Infinity War, Captain America: The First Avenger, Captain America: Civil War, Thor: Ragnarok, Black Panther. There are probably a few other possible spoilers in there.

But if you *have* seen all the movies and want to appreciate them more, I recommend the video.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No

This is a great video and I appreciate you posting it for perspective. I guess it fortifies my thinking that these movies are just not my cup of tea. I love flicks that make me think a little bit ala Inception. I wouldn't go too far to say that superhero hero movies are low hanging fruit because as some alluded to, there is a reason people flock to the theatres to see them, but I still don't see the appeal. Oh well.

It felt odd when they announced GoTG to Epcot, because frankly for years I thought this park was immune to that type of IP invasion but alas, I am wrong.

MickeyMouse10

I'm excited about Tron and Guardians, I just think they each went in the wrong parks. Tron fits perfectly with Test Track in Futureworld. Whereas Guardians goes more with the elements of Magic's Tomorrowland.

They did the same thing with Frozen, I think it would have been better in Magic or even in Hollywood. This way I'd also get to keep my 3 headed troll and awesome Norway narration.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I would disagree with some of those. Characters like Blackwidow and Hawkeye very likely fall into one of the families that Universal has the rights to, for example The Avengers.

I disagree on many of them as well. It's one person's opinion put into a chart, so no one should treat it as any sort of truth. If Disney could use all of the characters listed as 'Disney' at WDW, we likely would have seen them already.

Mike S

I just watched that yesterday. This guy is brilliant.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, April 25, 2019.

IMG_1266.JPG

matt9112

I'm excited about Tron and Guardians, I just think they each went in the wrong parks. Tron fits perfectly with Test Track in Futureworld. Whereas Guardians goes more with the elements of Magic's Tomorrowland.

They did the same thing with Frozen, I think it would have been better in Magic or even in Hollywood. This way I'd also get to keep my 3 headed troll and awesome Norway narration.

frozen was a shoe horn. you wouldnt have a frozen ride if it had to you know....been a new ride....it was convenient.

matt9112

to wad into the MCU conversation i genuinely enjoy the mcu overall but i really like the more serious moments the most....god it drives me insane when w joke is cracked at the worst time. (guardians are the worst for this) maybe some people really like a comedy skit turned block buster movie but i like other emotions. disneys star wars does the same thing....one liners everywhere.

MickeyMouse10

Frozen was a shoe horn. you wouldn't have a Frozen ride if it had to you know....been a new ride....it was convenient.

That's true, people may think I'm totally bonkers, but I'd probably rather just have Maelstrom. But Disney runs on IP's now, thus we have a fictional town nestled in reality based World Showcase.

montyz81

Downspouts.
They don't go to the top of the building. (I know construction is still going on). Do you really need that many downspouts? Seems like bigger ones on the corners could handle the job. I am hopeful that they are there to hold up any theming and also maybe be used as downspouts.

tparris

They don't go to the top of the building. (I know construction is still going on). Do you really need that many downspouts? Seems like bigger ones on the corners could handle the job. I am hopeful that they are there to hold up any theming and also maybe be used as downspouts.
The panels on the building are not designed to hold anything else on them. The building will not be themed, and the downspouts don’t go to the top because the roof has a sort of curvature to it so water should run off the sides and down the downspouts.

lazyboy97o

They don’t extend to the top of the wall because they would be useless in such a location. The walls extend above the roof to create a parapet. The minimum size of the downspouts is regulated by the building code and pushing all of the water to the corners would require going from a roof with two slopes to one with eight slopes, either through a different structure or a lot of extra insulation.

Structure for theming would not be so far apart and that small. You can also see the overflow scuppers next them, so any added theming would potentially have water poured on its backside. They’re downspouts and nothing more.

Last edited:

montyz81

They don’t extend to the top of the wall because they would be useless in such a location. The walls extend above the roof to create a parapet. The minimum size of the downspouts is regulated by the building code and pushing all of the water to the corners would require going from a roof with two slopes to one with eight slopes, either through a different structure or a lot of extra insulation.

Structure for theming would not be so far apart and that small. You can also see the overflow scuppers next them, so any added theming would potentially have water poured on its backside. They’re downspouts and nothing more.
Thanks for the very clear explanation. I guess I was being hopeful. At any rate, the spouts just add to the poor aesthetics of the building as they relate to the theming of Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom