Ohana dinner

Sparksfly

Original Poster
We have reservations for Ohana at 8pm. If fireworks are at 9:15 what are the odds well be in the restuarant during them? And if we are in the resturaunt for the fireworks how is the view? We were going to watch them from the beach but if the view isn't so bad I suppose itll be fine either way.

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I had a view of the castle last time I was there. Also they will not kick you out so just enjoy dinner and take your time. :)If you don’t have a view from your seat ask a cast member if there is a place to stand when the begin. They are normally very accommodating.

CaptainAmerica

That's late enough where you should be able to linger without feeling pressured by them trying to turn tables. The view is better than the beach IMO, as long as you have a good table. When you check in, offer to wait a little bit extra for a table with a good view.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
If I recall the views are pretty good as long as you are not on the opposite side of the room. I believe they dimmed the lights and had the music piped in as well.

Amos1784

Ohana is pretty notorious for rushing diners, we have been the last two times we ate there. Dinner MAYBE lasted 45 mins. We sat down was brought bread, within 5 minutes appetizers were there (before even taking drink order), within maybe 10 mins they were coming around with meats. With that said just take your time don't feel the need to eat so fast. My recommendation is between appetizers and the first offering of meats just politely decline and say your not ready, you can then get some more time out of it and should hopefully make your 9:15 goal.

HouCuseChickie

If you talked to me before our 2017 'Ohana visit, I would have said that you'd be there during fireworks. In all of our earlier visits, it was a good 30-40 min before we were seated and then it was a nice leisurely paced meal after that. With our 2017 meal, we arrived a bit early...were seated 20 min ahead of our ADR time...and were done after about 45-50 minutes. We tried to get our server to slow the pace, but he disregarded our numerous requests. Bread, appetizers, and first round of meat all came out within 5 minutes of each other, he and the runners piled on meat every couple of minutes even if we told them we weren't ready, the drink I ordered when he first seated us (I got that in before he ran off) didn't come until just before dessert, and he dropped the check with the bread pudding. Sure, we could have sat there with our mountains of food that he and the runners chose to pile on and slow play this from our table...sure, we could have notified a manager...but at this point, the damage was done and sometimes you just want to leave a bad situation.

This was actually a topic on a popular Disney podcast show yesterday. I had read about rushed 'Ohana experiences before our 2017 trip, but it seems to be more and more common and still an issue today. So, it's very possible you could be done and rushed out before fireworks.

MDB407

Ate at Ohana a couple weeks ago and wasn't rushed in the slightest. Was there for around an hour and a half and never felt pressured by the server or anyone to move faster.

bigrigross

If you talked to me before our 2017 'Ohana visit, I would have said that you'd be there during fireworks. In all of our earlier visits, it was a good 30-40 min before we were seated and then it was a nice leisurely paced meal after that. With our 2017 meal, we arrived a bit early...were seated 20 min ahead of our ADR time...and were done after about 45-50 minutes. We tried to get our server to slow the pace, but he disregarded our numerous requests. Bread, appetizers, and first round of meat all came out within 5 minutes of each other, he and the runners piled on meat every couple of minutes even if we told them we weren't ready, the drink I ordered when he first seated us (I got that in before he ran off) didn't come until just before dessert, and he dropped the check with the bread pudding. Sure, we could have sat there with our mountains of food that he and the runners chose to pile on and slow play this from our table...sure, we could have notified a manager...but at this point, the damage was done and sometimes you just want to leave a bad situation.

This was actually a topic on a popular Disney podcast show yesterday. I had read about rushed 'Ohana experiences before our 2017 trip, but it seems to be more and more common and still an issue today. So, it's very possible you could be done and rushed out before fireworks.

They did this to my family last year in September. Had meat skewers out before the drinks and apps even arrived. I declined all the food until the drinks got there and tried to get my server to slow down the meal. Declined the meat until we enjoyed our apps. You can tell they were annoyed, but I am not spending 60 dollars per person to be rushed like fast food.

ctcdisneymama

Had dinner there March 2017 and was able to have a relaxing dinner and watch the fireworks. Might depend on if they seat you on time and don't rush you but it's worth the try! It was awesome :)

ELeigh

I agree that the view from Ohana is better than the beach at the Poly but it depends on your table. You can always try to request a table with fireworks view if you don't mind waiting a little bit to be seated.

I watched this podcast and it has me nervous for my dinner at Ohana in a couple of weeks. Last year I was less than thrilled with our service when the meal was almost over before we got the cocktails we ordered but fingers crossed for a better experience this time around.

HouCuseChickie

I agree that the view from Ohana is better than the beach at the Poly but it depends on your table. You can always try to request a table with fireworks view if you don't mind waiting a little bit to be seated.

I watched this podcast and it has me nervous for my dinner at Ohana in a couple of weeks. Last year I was less than thrilled with our service when the meal was almost over before we got the cocktails we ordered but fingers crossed for a better experience this time around.

We had a similar issue. We were almost at bread pudding when I was getting my Lapu Lapu. Not everyone is coming out with stories of speed dining, so hopefully you're one of the lucky ones.

bigrigross

Ill let you know next Sunday. Have a reservation next Saturday with a reservation for 9.

Indy_UK

I really want to go for the bread pudding but this rushed dinner service ethos is completely putting me off wanting to go

ELeigh

Reporting back from our dinner on Wednesday at Ohana. For reference we were a party of 4 (2 adults 2 children ages 3 and 5)
3:55 reservation.
Table ready text at 4:05
Bread upon seating
Salad arrived at 4:12
Our waitress then arrived with water to take our drink orders.
4:15 appetizers
4:20 drinks
I left the table before meat came out to help the kids with the coconut race so I am not sure how long it was until that.
4:55 bread pudding was served
5:05 we were on our way out.
Water was refreshed throughout the meal but DH soda and the kids milk was not nor was there an opportunity to order a second drink from the bar. This wasn’t an issue for us as we were all in need of water after our day in the park but in a different circumstance I could see how this would be frustrating.
Overall we did not feel rushed and enjoyed the meal.

Minnie1986

I have an 8:50 dinner reservation for a night that is scheduled to have 9 or 915 fireworks. Like someone else said, I will not be rushed through a meal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom