The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

This Dec. will be our 20th anniversary. I guess years ago we both felt it was more comfortable at home without a ring on. @MinnieM123 said something similar I believe. We proudly wear our rings out in public so everyone knows "we are taken". We have no need to wear them at home. We don't need to wear a ring to let each other know we still love each other.
On a practical level, I'd rather wash dishes, handle pulling clothes out of the washing machine, massage my scalp during shampooing...I'd rather do all those things without a ring on my finger.
That's just me, but if my wife was on this forum she'd probably agree with all I've posted here.
Our 20th is in July. :)

donaldtoo

The ring thing is interesting...
I never knew so many people removed them at home.
Both sets of grandparents always wore theirs, my folks still always wear theirs, and DWifey and I always wear ours.
I feel like I’m missing something if I take it off even for a bit.
Plus, if it’s always on my finger I know exactly where it is 24/7, and nobody can steal it...rob maybe, steal no...!!! ;):)

donaldtoo

I hope your storms pass quickly, and I’m glad you’ve been saving your work. I’ve lost a few things because I forgot to save.

Thanks!!! :)
Things have calmed down, as it’s all east of us now...!

D3326E1A-C3D6-4580-BF18-670C45607F4C.jpeg

My computer is set to autosave every 5 minutes in case I forget, but, I can still do enough work in 5 minutes, and have lost stuff before...not much, but enough to be annoying, especially when you’re on a roll...!!! :bored:;):)

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I’m going to put in my two cents on the ring conversation....,

I only wear my rings when I leave the house my husband does the same. We both leave them in the same spot everyday so they don’t get lost. Neither of us are jewelry people so wearing them all the time isn’t our deal. Usually when I come home I take it off and put it in its spot, it just feels like something I take off when I come home like shoes or a certain ladies garment.

I only get concerned about losing it if I’m at a hotel but I always put it by something I’m not bound to forget like my phone or keys. If I go out in public without my rings I do feel weird and “naked”. I actually haven’t worn my engagement ring in about two years, one of the prongs on the diamond is bent and neither of us have gotten around to taking it in to get fixed.

Here's a little tip from me. (Of course, everyone has their own preferences, but I think this is a good idea.) When I travel, I wear a very wedding-looking ring, but it's a $5 cheapo I bought at Kohls! That way, I never have to worry about losing my "real" ring away from home. So when I travel, it's the cheapo one that goes on my finger! :happy:

I also read an article by a travel writer, and he was saying that if there is anything (jewelry, computer, photos, etc.) that you absolutely cannot bear to lose, never take them on any trip with you. Thought that was sound advice.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Here's a little tip from me. (Of course, everyone has their own preferences, but I think this is a good idea.) When I travel, I wear a very wedding-looking ring, but it's a $5 cheapo I bought at Kohls! That way, I never have to worry about losing my "real" ring away from home. So when I travel, it's the cheapo one that goes on my finger! :happy:

I also read an article by a travel writer, and he was saying that if there is anything (jewelry, computer, photos, etc.) that you absolutely cannot bear to lose, never take them on any trip with you. Thought that was sound advice.

I did this when I travelled out of the country before, I don't know why I don't here. Anyway, it is a good tip though.

MySmallWorldof4

The ring thing is interesting...
I never knew so many people removed them at home.
Both sets of grandparents always wore theirs, my folks still always wear theirs, and DWifey and I always wear ours.
I feel like I’m missing something if I take it off even for a bit.
Plus, if it’s always on my finger I know exactly where it is 24/7, and nobody can steal it...rob maybe, steal no...!!! ;):)
What’s funny is I feel naked if I am ready to leave the house and don’t have it on. I always weae it out. When I get home, I have a ritual of washing my hands right away. I take off my rings when I do that, and then go put them (I still wear my engagement ring too), in their designated spot. Dh does the same.

donaldtoo

So?

I found a quarter on the sidewalk today -- and unlike the guy above, I didn't have to work for it, so there. :p

Finding a quarter of a million dollars would impress me, two bits, not so much...!!! ;)
I once found a $20 bill on the concourse of the outdoor mall when I was on my way to open the calendar and game store one morning, way back when.
There was a picture of some guy named Jackson on it, but, otherwise, not enough info to return it to him, so I just kept it...!!! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom