The Merchandise of Batuu/Black Spire Outpost

Surferboy567

Original Poster
Confirmation of how the kits work from the Disneyland thread...

128 possible combinations, but segmented into 4 different styles. So each hilt style has 32 different combos. Two options for pommel, rear grip, activator, forward grip and emitter.

I hope the rear grip and forward grip are interchangeable. If they are then I think I know how I'll build my saber. If they're not then I think I'll be passing on the BYOS experience.

The same source also said there is an additional legacy hilt that they're saving as a surprise for when the land opens. Not sure what would be worth saving for a surprise - maybe it's Rey's repaired version of the Skywalker saber?

I've already settled on how I am going to build my saber I want to use the set pictured here:
With all the merchandise being shown off at Celebration and the hype around it I feel it is appropriate to have a separate thread for the unspoken gem of Batuu...the Merch! Use this thread to discuss everything in terms of merch around Batuu.

I'll post some of the merch we know about below (feel free to give me more merch pics and I'll add them here)

Source: Laughing Place on Twitter
Kountry1983 on Twitter

Savi's Handbulit Light Sabers:

*According to @thequeuelinelectures the sabers are made out of dye cast medal not plastic

Custom Sabers:

Legacy Sabers:

Saber Straps:

Droid Depot:

Doc Ondar's:

I'm not sure what the golden set actually is I'm assuming it's protection and defense I want the golden hilt with a golden or white blade. I'll pick the green kyber when I built it head over to Doc's and grab a white and golden crystal. I will also buy a holocron...and possibly Ashoka or a Jedi Temple Guard Blade. I'm so incredibly excited for this experience. As for the mystery legacy saber...it's not going to be that obvious as Rey it's going to be something unexpected...maybe even a hint for what's to come.

Last edited:

drod1985

What are the rumored prices for the droids and the sabers?

• Savi's sabers start at $109 for the hilt and $49 for the blade (confirmed from February media blitz).
  • Legacy sabers are likely going to start around $150/hilt. I'm basing this assumption on the fact that they're using the same blade tech as the current Disney Parks exclusive sabers, nothing concrete has been reported.
  • Droid prices are still being finalized and aren't being made public yet, as per an employee at the GE booth at Celebration.

Rteetz

• Savi's sabers start at $109 for the hilt and $49 for the blade (confirmed from February media blitz).
  • Legacy sabers are likely going to start around $150/hilt. I'm basing this assumption on the fact that they're using the same blade tech as the current Disney Parks exclusive sabers, nothing concrete has been reported.
  • Droid prices are still being finalized and aren't being made public yet, as per an employee at the GE booth at Celebration.
Actually that pricing wasn't confirmed. There was pricing thrown around but Disney wouldn't say yes or no to it.

WhatJaneSays

To be honest the prices for those lightsabers could easily be double and still be reasonably priced. I'm curious to see if there will be an "after market" availability for additional parts. You only need the core and blade once; crystals and outer bits are interchangeable. I'd happily pay $50-60 extra to get an additional crystal color and 2nd outer set.

DisneyRoy

To be honest the prices for those lightsabers could easily be double and still be reasonably priced. I'm curious to see if there will be an "after market" availability for additional parts. You only need the core and blade once; crystals and outer bits are interchangeable. I'd happily pay $50-60 extra to get an additional crystal color and 2nd outer set.

Agreed. Especially since reading the article it sounds like you only have the option to build from a certain set of parts. I would like the option to buy from other sets afterwards.

erasure fan1

I'm in the same camp as being a bit disappointed in the merch for this land. Like others have said, until the land opens, it's hard to say one way or the other. But so far, I'm just not really excited. The funny thing is the biggest buzz I've seen is around the Coke bottles. Lol

999th Happy Haunt

Not as excited for the custom droids as I was when they were first announced, but I'll still probably end up getting one, and a DJ Rex.

The custom lightsabers are what's blowing me away right now, the details they revealed at Star Wars Celebration look spectacular. $150 seems steep, but pretty well worth it.

I might have to pick up a creature or two from the creature stall as well.

Wow I better start saving.

DisneyRoy

I'm in the same camp as being a bit disappointed in the merch for this land. Like others have said, until the land opens, it's hard to say one way or the other. But so far, I'm just not really excited. The funny thing is the biggest buzz I've seen is around the Coke bottles. Lol

That just makes me laugh. Has no one seen the round Christmas bottles they have been doing for years? These are the same thing except with a Star Wars label. Whoop de do...

Surferboy567

Original Poster

I really agree with you on this...I'm sure I'll buy plenty of sabers and possibly a droid and make a gigantic collection display along with my already sizeable collection.

WhatJaneSays

I really agree with you on this...I'm sure I'll buy plenty of sabers and possibly a droid and make a gigantic collection display along with my already sizeable collection.
I'm seriously going to hit up the merchandise line after the initial crush of people and just straight up ask "so ... how much for one of every lightsaber part and a full set of crystals?" and if that price is within distance of a full feature lightsaber from someplace like Vader's Vault then I will be buying right then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom