The Merchandise of Batuu/Black Spire Outpost

Surferboy567

Original Poster
With all the merchandise being shown off at Celebration and the hype around it I feel it is appropriate to have a separate thread for the unspoken gem of Batuu...the Merch! Use this thread to discuss everything in terms of merch around Batuu.

I'll post some of the merch we know about below (feel free to give me more merch pics and I'll add them here)

Source: Laughing Place on Twitter
Kountry1983 on Twitter

Savi's Handbulit Light Sabers:

*According to @thequeuelinelectures the sabers are made out of dye cast medal not plastic

Custom Sabers:

Legacy Sabers:

Saber Straps:

Droid Depot:

Doc Ondar's:

Last edited:

Jobacca

I have to say-I was disappointed with the Sabers and the Droids. They just look kind of cheap and not that much better than what Hasbro and other companies are doing. HOWEVER....it looked like they did have quite a bit of high-end merch geared towards adults,like the statues and the clothes and those looked AMAZING...I definitely want a Chewbacca bag and some Jedi robes/cloaks as well as the Holocrons and various other things they showed off...I'm sure I'll find more than enough to spend my credits on!

Surferboy567

Original Poster
I have to say-I was disappointed with the Sabers and the Droids. They just look kind of cheap and not that much better than what Hasbro and other companies are doing. HOWEVER....it looked like they did have quite a bit of high-end merch geared towards adults,like the statues and the clothes and those looked AMAZING...I definitely want a Chewbacca bag and some Jedi robes/cloaks as well as the Holocrons and various other things they showed off...I'm sure I'll find more than enough to spend my credits on!

I don’t want to pass judgement on the sabers yet...they have potential and at least for me don’t look cheap. I want to build a custom one and get a legacy blade of some of my favorite characters.

I also really want a holocron

drod1985

Some cool Jedi gear they're selling including some TPM props and Luke/Yoda's flashlight.

I'm with you @Surferboy567 - I'm going to wait to pass judgment on the sabers, but as of right now I'm lowering my expectations. Luckily we only have to wait about 6 weeks before we get the full details!

Surferboy567

Original Poster
Some cool Jedi gear they're selling including some TPM props and Luke/Yoda's flashlight.

I'm with you @Surferboy567 - I'm going to wait to pass judgment on the sabers, but as of right now I'm lowering my expectations. Luckily we only have to wait about 6 weeks before we get the full details!

Yes, I can agree with lowering the expectations but not passing judgement becuase they really have potential even if it is as limited as shown.

Wow I really like the kyber crystals though...such a cool artifact and can see myself displaying some of this merch. The sabers with a holocron and a kyber crystal with a legacy saber thrown in for good measure could make a very nice display. I’ll add your link to the top also!

Jobacca

The saber community is OBSESSIVE-once they get their hands on a few of these,they will literally tear them down and review the individual circuits and soundboards inside. Hearing they're metal is a good start,and that ROTJ thin-necked Luke looks impressive-thats a hard saber for a lot of companies to get right,but that looks pretty accurate.

Surferboy567

Original Poster
This video gives us lots more info on the sabers (it’s poor quality but trust me the tidbits are worth it)

I have a couple of questions coming out of this video maybe you guys can help me with. So it appears the kyber crystals are very much alive (in terms of the blades). The legacy lightsabers will tell the blade what color it needs to be (the technology is in the hilt).

So my question for the CUSTOM sabers. I get you are choosing from red, blue, green, and purple crystals. Can I say go over to Doc Ondar’s and barter for a white or golden crystal and swap the blades color? I would very much like to do this and have a gray Jedi/temple guard custom blade. Thoughts? @thequeuelinelectures @drod1985 @Jobacca

Razgriz

This video gives us lots more info on the sabers (it’s poor quality but trust me the tidbits are worth it)

I have a couple of questions coming out of this video maybe you guys can help me with. So it appears the kyber crystals are very much alive (in terms of the blades). The legacy lightsabers will tell the blade what color it needs to be (the technology is in the hilt).

So my question for the CUSTOM sabers. I get you are choosing from red, blue, green, and purple crystals. Can I say go over to Doc Ondar’s and barter for a white or golden crystal and swap the blades color? I would very much like to do this and have a gray Jedi/temple guard custom blade. Thoughts? @thequeuelinelectures @drod1985 @Jobacca

Making White crystals exclusive to Ahsoka and Yellow to the Temple guard saber would be a very Hasbro thing to do lol.

drod1985

Good news for you - there are both yellow and white kyber crystals on this table of merch from Dok Ondar’s. 👍🏼

jt04

You can find sabers on line from 300 to 500 dollars and well worth that.

These look to be designed to be a bit more affordable but still worth the rumored price.

So, really depends on what somebody wants to spend.

TJJohn12

Good news for you - there are both yellow and white kyber crystals on this table of merch from Dok Ondar’s. 👍🏼

Wait, are those things on the black pleather bag Kyber crystals? That’s a little sad - I was hoping for an actual “crystal” with a socket base like so many of the cut-away schematics I’ve seen.

drod1985

Wait, are those things on the black pleather bag Kyber crystals? That’s a little sad - I was hoping for an actual “crystal” with a socket base like so many of the cut-away schematics I’ve seen.

They’re housings for the kyber crystals. They do indeed look like crystals. Watch some of the videos on Savi’s or the holocrons and you’ll see them.

Surferboy567

Original Poster
I cannot wait to get in there and build a saber. Or buy Ahsoka's legacy set.

Same here my anticipation is crazy. I have to wait till January till I go to WDW again. At least the planning is starting soon though! Their’s also a slim chance I may get myself over to DL and see it faster at any rate though I’ll be in WDW in 2020!

drod1985

Confirmation of how the kits work from the Disneyland thread...

David Daut‏ @DavidMDaut
Lightsaber building at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. Pieces are made of diecast metal (though finish makes some look like plastic). Four different styles, each has five points of variance with two options to choose from (total of 128 possible combinations). #StarWarsCelebration

128 possible combinations, but segmented into 4 different styles. So each hilt style has 32 different combos. Two options for pommel, rear grip, activator, forward grip and emitter.

I hope the rear grip and forward grip are interchangeable. If they are then I think I know how I'll build my saber. If they're not then I think I'll be passing on the BYOS experience.

The same source also said there is an additional legacy hilt that they're saving as a surprise for when the land opens. Not sure what would be worth saving for a surprise - maybe it's Rey's repaired version of the Skywalker saber?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

I have to agree just on first look.

The key to park merchandise is to reverse what they have done for 20 years: and that’s make high end, not necessarily mass produced collector fare.

It’s gonna cost a ton...but everything in a Disney gate does now.

The world has changed and sweatshop product from the factories below Shanghai Disneyland is gonna fall flat. Unless they roll it over and shancge it constantly...which is what mass production tries to avoid.

We’ll see.

Don’t think there’s too much you can do with Star Wars after 40 years of onslaught...unless you go “boutique” with it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom