Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

SSG

Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway

Fri, April 19, 2019
Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway to Roll into Disneyland Park
by Michael Ramirez, Editorial Content Director, Disneyland Resort
We have an exciting announcement to share! Disneyland park guests will be able to step into a cartoon world and join Mickey and his friends on Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway, coming to Mickey’s Toontown in 2022!

This first major Mickey-themed ride-through attraction at Disneyland park will put you inside the wacky and unpredictable world of a Mickey Mouse cartoon short where anything can happen! Once you step into the cartoon world of Mickey and Minnie, you’ll board a train with Goofy as the engineer. Then, one magical moment after the next leads you to a zany, out-of-control adventure filled with surprising twists and turns.

With an original story and lovable theme song, Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway uses state-of-the-art technologies and dazzling visual effects to transform the cartoon world into an incredible and immersive multi-dimensional experience.

Earlier today, Disneyland Resort President Josh D’Amaro shared a fun photo of him getting a sneak peek of the plans!

Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway is also planned to open at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Walt Disney World Resort in spring 2020.

Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for updates on this exciting addition to Mickey’s Toontown, including special details that promise to make this amazing attraction unique for Disneyland park guests.

iMax

Help me map this out here, can someone circle the following:

Where is this ride going?
Where do they currently launch fireworks?
Where is the new parade support building?

mickEblu

“...make this attraction unique for Disneyland guests.”

Being that this is supposed to be a clone, would it be reading too much into it to think that they make some changes unique to DLs version? We do know they have to change the set up a bit as in DHS you start off in the real world but at DL you re already in Toontown.

With that said, I’m thinking they mean that this type of new attraction will be unique to DL guests.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
“...make this attraction unique for Disneyland guests.”

Being that this is supposed to be a clone, would it be reading too much into it to think that they make some changes unique to DLs version? We do know they have to change the set up a bit as in DHS you start off in the real world but at DL you re already in Toontown.

I’m thinking they mean that this type of new attraction will be unique to DL guests.
I'm thinking they'll put a unique spin on it specific to DLR to make it unique from the DHS version. beside the facade of course.

rebelk73

I am so excited for this! I have been watching the slow load of the toontown attractions on the disneyland website and the permits for clearing of building etc. I expected an announcement any day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom