News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

ImperfectPixie

Or, if you're a rich corporation with lots of money to throw at a transportation solution, you can just buy 22 new gondolas and have your subs wrap them for you.

I thought so. Sorry, but replacing even 22 gondola cars in lieu of spending maybe a grand or so to strip and re-wrap existing ones in your on-site sign shop is a flagrant waste of resources, and if I were an investor, I'd be more than a little bothered by that.

nickys

Premium Member
If someone vomits in a cabin, you don't have to stop everything and pull it. Just put a sticky note on it and pass it by.
A seven year, three month, six days, three hours and twenty-eight minute year-old child will vomit after eating seven corn dogs in Gondola 261 on the twelfth of may, 2020. This car will be out of operation for approximately two hours. Plan accordingly.

Oh my, Imagine if someone (or their kid) throws up in one of those while it's packed 10 full.

(not mentioned in over 915 pages) 😁

Sure about that? ;)

Patcheslee

(PS: will the Riviera completion see the road at CBR become a loop again? The current bus u-turn and 4 terminuses at the dead ends is inefficient and looks a pain for the drivers to traverse).
Looking at the released resort map for Riviera looks like they would be able to reconnect the route, possibly for busses only? Walking path looks to reconnect though.

Attachments

• RVA_ResortMap-1200x906.jpg
    RVA_ResortMap-1200x906.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 135

joelkfla

… but the current testing isn't happening "around the clock".
I wouldn't take that statement by the suit literally.

But the DHS line has run overnight several times, and leaving the cabins on line overnight could be considered part of the testing process.

Sometimes Disney tests things in the wee hours of the morning so they're less visible to Guests, so they might do some testing with cm's overnight. They typically put out a notice on the Hub asking for volunteers to participate in a "special experience" or such, and usually get plenty of takers among the younger cm's.

Luxe

I would assume the lack of a wrap on every cabin leaves room for future promotional wraps, possibly more temporary wraps that can be rotated out with different content. Think Lion King wraps or maybe a Black Widow wrap to promote the films.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Disney have their own sign shop?
The sign/wrap isn't the issue... it's the labor involved in peeling the old wrap off, getting all the old adhesive off, prepping the surface for the new wrap, then applying the new wrap.

Sounds like it might be just as cheap to buy a new gondola. Anyone have a gondola cost figure they can share?

Luxe

The sign/wrap isn't the issue... it's the labor involved in peeling the old wrap off, getting all the old adhesive off, prepping the surface for the new wrap, then applying the new wrap.

Sounds like it might be just as cheap to buy a new gondola. Anyone have a gondola cost figure they can share?
Just a guess but I would assume the character wraps are a more permanent style of wrap with stronger adhesive designed to stay on for a long time. If they add more wraps that are in fact short term, it's probably safe to assume they will be much easier to remove with a weaker adhesive.

HiJe

Not sure of the Gondola cost, but just googling how much it costs for a car wrap, I found this. I would assume it would be similar for a Gondola maybe?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom