News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
I agree. But I never thought they'd do away with them, at least right away, despite what folks in the know were saying. I'm sure it's still the plan, ultimately. I guess maybe it's better to just still offer regular service instead of trying to get busses to take over when the gondolas are forced to stop (not to mention I assume it's also for the expected "mass crowds" that will be descending soon, guests need more options when there's so many of them and one of the things they have acknowledged is trying to "improve" the arrival experience). Summer time storms and hurricane season are around the corner ...
Well, let's ask someone who knows... @Driver ???

What are we thinking now is the estimate on getting the thing open and running? That article a couple days ago in the Sentinel said cast member will start testing it in August and that testing will run for months. Doesn't sound like it will be running for the opening of Star Wars area. :(

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
What are we thinking now is the estimate on getting the thing open and running? That article a couple days ago in the Sentinel said cast member will start testing it in August and that testing will run for months. Doesn't sound like it will be running for the opening of Star Wars area. :(

I still think an opening before GE could happen.

joelkfla

It doesn't say they will be testing with cm's for months. It says cm's will be among the 1st to ride during the months-long testing. I can't see Disney paying cm's to ride for "months around the clock." Testing with cm's could be just the last few days of the testing process.

It also says "by August," which could be construed as "no later than August."

It doesn't say they will be testing with cm's for months. It says cm's will be among the 1st to ride during the months-long testing. I can't see Disney paying cm's to ride for "months around the clock." Testing with cm's could be just the last few days of the testing process.

It also says "by August," which could be construed as "no later than August."
Yeah I guess that could mean that it may open in August after months of testing with cast members being the first to ride...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Yeah I guess that could mean that it may open in August after months of testing with cast members being the first to ride...

View attachment 365901

I am skeptical of the "run for months around-the-clock" part. Rides, which are often one of the kind systems aren't even tested that much. The Gondola is proven hardware so definitly shouldn't need that much testing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom