Caribbean Beach Concern

mhaftman7

When it comes to Disney, I’m a planner. I like having as little surprises as possible. Obviously weather is an X factor but it is what it is. That being said, I’m starting to have concerns about our August trip.

We got a bounce back to stay at CBR, so it definitely is a great deal, but between the new traffic patterns of busses and the unknown of the Skyliner system, I’m worried that things will not go according to plan. I’m concerned travel times will be heavily increased.

I’m at the point where I attempted changing resorts, but since there are no current offers for late summer, changing to any resort, even value, is more expensive by a lot. To the point where it would not make sense to change. My older DS is only two years away from college and I’m trying to maximize the time he has available for us. My heart sunk when I called not only because of the price, but also because this was the first time I’ve EVER had a CM offer me their extension number if I changed my mind in 20 years. My only hope at this point, is an offer that ends at the same time our trip does. SW:GE opens like a week after we leave, so I doubt there will be an offer for the opening months due to interest.

Am I getting worried over nothing, or should I just wait until May to see if a new offer is out?

nickys

Premium Member
So your concern is just about the buses? And whether travel to and from the parks is going to be disrupted?

In that case, I would try to relax. If you find it’s much worse than you anticipated, could you use Uber or Lyft instead?

If you’re concerned about the resort, then I’m sure there will be some trip reports from people staying at CBR. I think @surfsupdon has been there recently, maybe he can help reassure you?

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

I can tell you this. I returned from CBR yesterday.

In August, I predict the current construction will be finished. Jamaica landscape is completed and brand new. Aruba landscape is completed up to building 52/quiet pool. It’ll def be done by August. Martinique landscape is all new.

The updated rooms are still fantastic.
The food court food is much improved (tho I prefer the original layout and color scheme).
The front desk experience is hugely improved.
Dining is TREMENDOUSLY improved. Sebastian’s and Banana Cabana have great food. Mobile ordering is wonderful at OPR. And Spyglass Grill is excellent too. Plus Coke machines in most buildings!!
The grounds look beautiful!
Amazing pool, quiet pools, and beach.

The only current negative is the bus looping pattern with 3 dead ends and turn arounds. I noticed it. My new to CBR friends did not.

Request a room by the footbridge in Jamaica or Aruba to really enjoy this Resort.

I’d certainly stay again.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

We were booked with a “water view” as part of offer. Which, in your opinion, has the better option? Why would you request those buildings?
CBR is a beautiful, lush Resort with very pleasant grounds. Being across the lake allows you to explore the Resort without being too far away. To get to OPR, it’s by traveling across two foot bridges and through a tropical island.

Lake views can be found in Jamaica 44,45 and Aruba 51,52. I prefer them for close proximity to OPR, a bus stop, and a quiet pool. We prefer the color scheme of Jamaica too.

Upvote 0

Rob562

CBR is a beautiful, lush Resort with very pleasant grounds. Being across the lake allows you to explore the Resort without being too far away. To get to OPR, it’s by traveling across two foot bridges and through a tropical island.

Lake views can be found in Jamaica 44,45 and Aruba 51,52. I prefer them for close proximity to OPR, a bus stop, and a quiet pool. We prefer the color scheme of Jamaica too.

When the gondolas open, Jamaica will also be the most convenient buildings to the CBR station. (It remains to be seen if guests in the northern buildings of Aruba will have a walking route to the Riviera station)

-Rob

Upvote 0

Dave B

We have always loved the CBR, but to be honest since the remodel we do not enjoy at all, we were there for thanksgiving and the atmosphere is so different , the food court area is horrendous in our opinion and Sebastian's doesn't look like anything special ,in fact I would not be surprised to see it closed in a year or two, we will not be back unless you count riding the sky liner thru or over the resort

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

We have always loved the CBR, but to be honest since the remodel we do not enjoy at all, we were there for thanksgiving and the atmosphere is so different , the food court area is horrendous in our opinion and Sebastian's doesn't look like anything special ,in fact I would not be surprised to see it closed in a year or two, we will not be back unless you count riding the sky liner thru or over the resort
The food court has indeed changed for the worse. That Caribbean vibe is no more. The food is much improved tho, but the selection has gotten so ridiculously limited. That I agree.

Upvote 0

HiJe

I just stayed there for the first time a week ago and really liked it. I went in with tempered expectations as I stayed at the AKL during my last visit and had seen some complaints about CBR in the past. There was some construction near my building in Aruba that was annoying at first, but after getting used to it and seeing the rest of the resort, I would totally stay there again. Their pool is great and watching the work going on with the Riviera Resort across the lake and with the Gondolas has me excited to check it out again in the future. Sebastian's was awesome and the Cabana place was great also. The busing is a little cumbersome at first, but it's really not that bad if you take in stride. I really tried to dislike the place after staying at AKL and wanting to stay at POR this time, but after spending 5 nights there, my mind is changed that this is and will be a great resort.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom