News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

drod1985

Frank Oz will be voicing Yoda. They hinted something along the lines of hearing him?

Complete guess, but I think having Yoda as part of the light sabre building experience would certainly make a lot of sense. Akin to Potter wand choosing experience obviously with lights, music and special effects.

I believe you’re right. IIRC one of the articles from February implied a little Yoda cameo at the end of the saber build.

BrianLo

Original Poster
Salacious Crumb is the new shoulder Banshee.

There is a pretty wide selection of the stuffed line pictured behind Brad.

The creature shop (which Salacious comes from) has more proper feature toys, like a Porg that is actually proportioned, moves / makes noise. Something I think they kind of missed with The Last Jedi release is that they kind of went with watered down stuffies instead of a higher quality Ferbie like item. Which could have certainly been a much hotter Christmas item than it was.

Next you can buy legacy lightsabers that will come in a special case with character iconography.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
I disagree. the average drink is prob gonna cost upwards of 10 bucks. most people will prob grab one drink and walk around the cantina to admire and look at the atmosphere and theming as they drink it then bounce. its not going to be some dive bar where someone has multiple drinks. not like they gonna offer a happy hour.

I have to agree with this. I also think most people will only buy one drink given the prices they will be. I also think a limited Cantina in phase 1 is being done on purpose. Due to the major crowding that will take place over the first few months, they aren't going to want people lingering around in a restaurant or bar. The money is in people visiting all of the other shops. Once phase 2 opens with RotR and the expanded Cantina, Disney will lift the reservation restrictions and need the added capacity at that point.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Okay, this is pretty cool..

And some around here thought they wouldn’t serve Coke products at all because “they’re going for immersive and Star Wars didn’t have Coke”.

Figured this was going to be how they did it, no way they’d keep out one of their biggest vendors. Same likely will happen for Visa logo as well.

yeti

Okay, this is pretty cool..

Honestly between this and other news coming out about merchandise and dining, I'm glad the imagineers are prioritizing fun > immersion. A lot of fans (myself including) tend to have a puritanical attitude towards theming, and it's nice to see them say "screw it" sometimes. Now to see if they'll have non-diagetic music playing in the land or if that's too immersion-breaking.

MoonRakerSCM

Insane levels of immersion aside... Which will all be broken due to the fact you'll still be enjoying the park along side nerdy mcfatty and uncle Larry and his sister's screaming brats (I'll be playing nerdy mcfatty in my tie dye shirt when I visit)...

The sad thing is these coke bottles won't exist after 8-12 months after the place opens. There'll be normal coke bottles for sale by this time next year when they cut back on immersive entertainment etc and the land falls into line and the honeymoon is over.

DLR>WDW

I can’t believe that they’ll be selling possibly the most popular beverage in the world in a container that looks like a grenade. Insane

sedati

....that will be your escape vehicle when you crash back to Batuu.
You will also see another one as you disembark to leave the ride.
OK sorry about previous post - I get a little "fanboy" sometimes!
I have permission to post about this.

Remember that shuttle on top of the restaurant building?
That shuttle is our "Escape Craft" out of the RotR building.
Like I said before, you are gonna react with "ok..good to know" but Disney seems to be fanatic about it being a twist or whatever.

I made a diagram of the ride process and showed it to my contact who agreed and said I could share.
At the end of my diagram, you see your ride vehicle then an arrow pointing to the shuttle. That's the vehicle getting into it to escape the Star Destroyer. Then the shuttle will "crash" to Batuu and the next arrow points to the ride vehicle again because it comes out of the shuttle into the giant hanger room where you get out and ride car recycles for the next riders.

View attachment 347859

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom