News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Fake Star Wars fan
tumblr_o4mge3GDGU1tu6tfso3_500.gif

SSG

Hmmmm.

David Koenig @davekoenig4

"Drinks only! Due to budget cuts, the sit-down restaurant portion of the Cantina in #GalaxysEdge reportedly will not be ready by the May 31 opening. It will debut with the Rise of the Resistance attraction as part of the Phase 2 opening."

"Because the #GalaxysEdge Cantina is so small (max. occupancy: 30), drink buyers will be under a one-hour time limit. When your time is up, you’ll be asked to leave so another guest can experience the location"

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

...I checked and NO, the ride system will remain trackless. Looks like Imagineers have figured out the major wi-fi issue with the vehicles and are currently fine tuning them. (source's words - not mine)
wifi issue? did they maybe figure out they need unplug the router from the power outlet and plug it back in?

Last edited:

Practical Pig

"Because the #GalaxysEdge Cantina is so small (max. occupancy: 30), drink buyers will be under a one-hour time limit. When your time is up, you’ll be asked to leave so another guest can experience the location"

I just don't understand how they could have gone forward with a Cantina, an iconic, world-defining element of Star Wars, and the first venue to break Disneyland's prohibition and sure to be an extremely popular attraction, with a capacity of a measley 30 people (potentially) per hour. How can that be profitable?

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

I just don't understand how they could have gone forward with a Cantina, an iconic, world-defining element of Star Wars, and the first venue to break Disneyland's prohibition and sure to be an extremely popular attraction, with a capacity of a measley 30 people (potentially) per hour. How can that be profitable?
who even needs a hour to have a drink is my question?

mickEblu

It’s almost like they want it to be like Club 33 except the general public can enter...when they can get in.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

A drink? As in one? Nah. The drinkers will pack as many in as service allows in that alleged hour.
I disagree. the average drink is prob gonna cost upwards of 10 bucks. most people will prob grab one drink and walk around the cantina to admire and look at the atmosphere and theming as they drink it then bounce. its not going to be some dive bar where someone has multiple drinks. not like they gonna offer a happy hour.

Practical Pig

I disagree. the average drink is prob gonna cost upwards of 10 bucks. most people will prob grab one drink and walk around the cantina to admire and look at the atmosphere and theming as they drink it then bounce. its not going to be some dive bar where someone has multiple drinks. not like they gonna offer a happy hour.

Maybe so. But the ten (or likely more) buck price tag isn't going to give much pause to many of Disney's affluent day guests. And the AP crowd is financially diverse.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom