News Spitting camel at Carpets of Aladdin has been removed

ABQ

Where exactly is the ā€œmissingā€ camel? The camel on the right side of this picture is here now and spitting. Is there another one?
Yes, as others have said, it stood right in the center of the image I put up, facing toward the camera, not toward the ride itself. However, doesn't mean it's not coming back. Just like the misting tikis nearby this area, they left, were refurbished and came back.

Marc Davis Fan

Honestly..?? Turn the beauty and the beast show at HS into Aladdin - A Musical Spectacular, exterior themed to Arabia. And then move this spinner attraction somewhere close to the entrance of the theatre.

HS lacks on attractions anyways, and the Disneyland show was immensely popular.

Changing BatB to Aladdin sounds great.

Putting a spinner on (or just off of) Sunset Boulevard does not sound great. Letā€™s keep one of WDWā€™s most beautiful and immersive areas... beautiful and immersive.

(...unless it was completely visually separated, e.g., indoors or something...)

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Changing BatB to Aladdin sounds great.

Putting a spinner on (or just off of) Sunset Boulevard does not sound great. Letā€™s keep one of WDWā€™s most beautiful and immersive areas... beautiful and immersive.

(...unless it was completely visually separated, e.g., indoors or something...)
Ok but imagine of how lit a simple spinner like magic carpets could be if, say, you DID go off of your enclosed idea. And it had a dome-like ceiling. And when you ride it, you either ride it to the tune of A Whole New World or Friend Like Me. And you have spectacular/thrilling/beautiful projections appearing all around you. Disney could literally do something so neat like that with a simple flat ride, and itā€™d up the popularity and quality of the attraction. But also having the live action show debut after the live action film releases? I would think thatā€™d be a business no-brainer. Even if the film flops, Aladdin is a popular enough IP.

bcoachable

Ok but imagine of how lit a simple spinner like magic carpets could be if, say, you DID go off of your enclosed idea. And it had a dome-like ceiling. And when you ride it, you either ride it to the tune of A Whole New World or Friend Like Me. And you have spectacular/thrilling/beautiful projections appearing all around you. Disney could literally do something so neat like that with a simple flat ride, and itā€™d up the popularity and quality of the attraction. But also having the live action show debut after the live action film releases? I would think thatā€™d be a business no-brainer. Even if the film flops, Aladdin is a popular enough IP.
Potential to change a B ticket into a solid D! Could not cost that much more. Projections and ride vehicles could be swapped out as the show next door changes in 10 (25) years!

Brad Bishop

Nooo. I love the Treehouse, especially around dusk.

I like it, too, much like how I like Tom Sawyer island. It's not a "sit and spin" sort of attraction but one where you can take your time and explore. It's unique. I like it because of that but, at the same time, get that people want to sit in an actual ride and be shown things. They really don't like unique, subdued attractions like SFT and TSI.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
Still MIA
20190429_102730.jpg

lnsemsf

Does anybody know why Magic Carpets has been closed for at least 2 days and the pathway around it by the Jungle Cruise is roped off and guarded by CMs?

Last edited:

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
Does anybody know why Magic Carpets has been closed for at least 2 days and the pathway around it by the Jungle Cruise is roped off and guarded by CMs?
Sounds like an unscheduled maintenance issue, maybe (?) šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

lnsemsf

Sounds like an unscheduled maintenance issue, maybe (?) šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
The fact they closed the walkway around the ride and have people guarding it makes me wonder if something fell in to the path. Itā€™s obviously not just the ride thatā€™s the problem.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Original Poster
The fact they closed the walkway around the ride and have people guarding it makes me wonder if something fell in to the path. Itā€™s obviously not just the ride thatā€™s the problem.
Obviously ( ;)), we still don't know exactly what happened. My guess is that if it's something worth noting, we will find out one way or another.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom