Captain Marvel

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I'm predicting now that Capt Marvel breaks $400M domestic and slides into number 5 slot of all MCU films ahead of IM3 and CA:CW.

Its 8 currently with $353.8M. Heck I wouldn't even be surprised if it gets over $460M by the time its run is over beating out number 4 AoU.

Mike S

I gotta say it’s real funny how the world works. Since we talked about the CM controversy I thought this might be relevant. So I just found out one guy made a Twitter comment saying he didn’t think Brie’s movie Unicorn Store looked good (it came out two years ago and critics didn’t really like it either). So what happened? Netflix, Brie herself, and many websites piled on this guy to the point where he privated his account.

And I thought these people hated that kind of social media behavior. I guess it’s fine when they do it though.

Pssssssst, remember what I said much earlier in this thread about hypocrisy?

sedati

I gotta say it’s real funny how the world works. Since we talked about the CM controversy I thought this might be relevant. So I just found out one guy made a Twitter comment saying he didn’t think Brie’s movie Unicorn Store looked good (it came out two years ago and critics didn’t really like it either). So what happened? Netflix, Brie herself, and many websites piled on this guy to the point where he privated his account.

And I thought these people hated that kind of social media behavior. I guess it’s fine when they do it though.

Pssssssst, remember what I said much earlier in this thread about hypocrisy?

Some context:

His account is back up (was it really private(d), or did he just take a time out?), and it seems all Netflix and Larson did was remind him that she had some cred.
He said a thing and some people didn't like it. He's probably right about them trying to cash in at an opportune time, but his approach was juvenile and dismissive. Twitter likes twitter wars and he ended up on the wrong side of one. He probably was hoping the masses were on his side and they'd knock Brie down a peg.

Maybe Netflix and Larson shouldn't have responded, but I think their response was the classiest way of doing so (no lol's at his expense.) The issue seems to be whether or not one knows that an individual comment may have a mob waiting behind it.

Last edited:

Mike S

Wow, sounds bad. Google, google, google... oh wait:
Yes I know the tweet and the guy has a point. Look at the movies poor reviews. Doesn’t matter what other things she’s done. If she didn’t make a good movie which the reviews seem to show then her directing talent can certainly be called into question by anyone who wants to do it. Unless there’s some reason people want to protect her from simple criticism. Can’t imagine what though 🤔

Edit: that also doesn’t provide the story as I saw it, leaving out the parts where many other outlets covered it and he had to private his account.

Last edited:

sedati

“Take notes from Jonah Hill, who was mentored by Martin Scorsese, and took years before he made his directorial debut out of respect for the artistry of film and the position of director. “

He literally said she disrespected the artistry of film and the position of director. This is what they were responding to, not the fact that he didn’t think her film looked good. His comment practically screams “know your place.”

And did he actually have to make his account private? Others might have been accused of doing so for dramatic purposes, or plain weakness in the face of opposition.

Mike S

“Take notes from Jonah Hill, who was mentored by Martin Scorsese, and took years before he made his directorial debut out of respect for the artistry of film and the position of director. “

He literally said she disrespected the artistry of film and the position of director. This is what they were responding to, not the fact that he didn’t think her film looked good. His comment practically screams “know your place.”

And did he actually have to make his account private? Others might have been accused of doing so for dramatic purposes, or plain weakness in the face of opposition.
Yes, he did. Netflix and Brie basically set the dogs on him (their Twitter followers and anyone who read articles like the one you provided) by responding. Something other users have been banned for before.

The only reason I’m interested in this is the sheer hypocrisy on display. I would think someone who’s been on the receiving end would think twice about this behavior. Also why care about something a single small fish said specifically? He didn’t appear to have any kind of real following so why not just ignore him? To make an example? That’s really low.

Mike S

Some context:

His account is back up (was it really private(d), or did he just take a time out?), and it seems all Netflix and Larson did was remind him that she had some cred.
He said a thing and some people didn't like it. He's probably right about them trying to cash in at an opportune time, but his approach was juvenile and dismissive. Twitter likes twitter wars and he ended up on the wrong side of one. He probably was hoping the masses were on his side and they'd knock Brie down a peg.

Maybe Netflix and Larson shouldn't have responded, but I think their response was the classiest way of doing so (no lol's at his expense.) The issue seems to be whether or not one knows that an individual comment may have a mob waiting behind it.

He must’ve put it back up after I looked last night.

Edit: as one Twitter post pointed out that I read last night someone like Nicolas Cage also has cred yet there’s also a bunch of jokes surrounding him as well. Where’s his defense mob? My guess is they don’t exist because the people who like him act like adults and know the difference between simple criticism and actual harassment.

Last edited:

Phicinfan

Should be interesting to see if it gets a boost around the time of Endgame’s release.

Also, do we know if Infinity War is getting a re-release?
Question, do they get the bump for those sites that are showing all the movies in a marathon? And is Capt. Marvel included in those? if so, there's a pretty good bump for this.

Princess Leia

Question, do they get the bump for those sites that are showing all the movies in a marathon? And is Capt. Marvel included in those? if so, there's a pretty good bump for this.
I think the theaters are showing Captain Marvel & Endgame (wouldn't be a 22 movie marathon without them). But I'm not sure if the numbers go up from the marathons.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom