News Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy (New Show for 2019)

Kman101

It's more of a You gotta do something since Batuu East, Runaway Railway, TSL, ToT, RnR, and Star Tours lines are atrocious and you got to get inside for 10 mins from the Florida humidity...Heck Muppet*Vision is 15 min and feels long.

Yeah, that's true. I guess it's just my perception of time. I've never actually thought of how long some of the other shows were, and trust, I've been in them so many times. I guess it's a good length. 15 minutes in MV does seem a few minutes too long. Weird how I feel they're longer than they are, LOL, so I guess 10 minutes for McQueen's is good.

peter11435

Yeah, that's true. I guess it's just my perception of time. I've never actually thought of how long some of the other shows were, and trust, I've been in them so many times. I guess it's a good length. 15 minutes in MV does seem a few minutes too long. Weird how I feel they're longer than they are, LOL, so I guess 10 minutes for McQueen's is good.
McQueen will be closer to MV in length than it is bugs or Philharmagic

MrPromey

Yeah. It's nice in theory and I've said it a lot, but in reality, new things attract more people. Anything new will be a "draw". Will people specifically book a vacation for this? Probably not. Maybe some, sure. But yep. The more they add the more people that come. But it still doesn't hurt to have a LOT of things to do ;) the parks also feel congested because I believe more are just walking around them. In theory, if there were more to do ... it's about absorbing the crowds. But yeah, the crowding won't be going down.

Maybe, just maybe though, with this trend in the other three parks, we'll start to see things relax in the MK, just a little... at least until the Tron coaster opens, anyway.

Kman101

Maybe, just maybe though, with this trend in the other three parks, we'll start to see things relax in the MK, just a little... at least until the Tron coaster opens, anyway.

Yeah, the MK is ridiculously packed. I do think the other parks really need to pad out their offerings (flat rides are lacking in every other park, but I know they get knocked, but they do help ... imagine DCA without all of the 'little things' to do and you have a very quick park visit). Not everything should be a 'draw'. I imagine the demand for Star Wars and heavy crowds is why DCA is adding PhilharMagic. "Here, there's something to do" ...

aladdin2007

The animatronic and its base looks very well done.
But it still feels just like a random simulator. Will the chairs and seats be 4d with effects? or its just the show and thats it?

agree, but other than air conditioning Im not seeing any real story or point (from the video anyway) with this show, other than something colorful for kids to look at for ten minutes.

MrPromey

Yeah, the MK is ridiculously packed. I do think the other parks really need to pad out their offerings (flat rides are lacking in every other park, but I know they get knocked, but they do help ... imagine DCA without all of the 'little things' to do and you have a very quick park visit). Not everything should be a 'draw'. I imagine the demand for Star Wars and heavy crowds is why DCA is adding PhilharMagic. "Here, there's something to do" ...

And the thing is, it feels like their response to that crowding at the MK has been to add more. Prior to the recent boom, the only additions of note that come to mind in WDW were in New Fantasy Land which I'm pretty sure gobbled up all the additional capacity it created and then some when it comes to park attendance.

It's always felt to me like the best way to deal with over-crowding at the MK was to give people with multi-day tickets reason to spend more time in the other three parks rather than just continue to add on to that one. It looks as though they're finally doing this.

aliceismad

agree, but other than air conditioning Im not seeing any real story or point (from the video anyway) with this show, other than something colorful for kids to look at for ten minutes.
What's the point of Country Bears? It's entertainment. And it looks pretty amazing, and pretty true to Cars 3. Different attractions for different people. That's why Disney is great.

yensidtlaw1969

And the thing is, it feels like their response to that crowding at the MK has been to add more. Prior to the recent boom, the only additions of note that come to mind in WDW were in New Fantasy Land which I'm pretty sure gobbled up all the additional capacity it created and then some when it comes to park attendance.

It's always felt to me like the best way to deal with over-crowding at the MK was to give people with multi-day tickets reason to spend more time in the other three parks rather than just continue to add on to that one. It looks as though they're finally doing this.
^This . . . I understand the compulsion to build more things to house all the people that have come to MK, but bear that pattern out and you end up with 100 attractions at MK and 10 at DHS . . . Guess which park people are gonna pick! The one with a ton of stuff to do vs the one with significantly less. Which has already been the pattern at WDW since DHS came online. Animal Kingdom fell victim to it on opening, and Epcot has been trailing off in that direction for 20 years.

Star Wars Land will poach some people from MK for sure, but when guests realize the rest of the park is still lacking enough things to do they'll trend back towards MK where that's never been a problem.

Last edited:

aliceismad

^This . . . I understand the compulsion to build more things to house all the people that have come to MK, but bear that pattern out and you end up with 100 attractions at MK and 10 at DHS . . . Guess which park people are gonna pick! The one with a ton of stuff to do vs the one with significantly less. Which has already been the pattern at WDW since DHS came online. Animal Kingdom feel victim to it on opening, and Epcot has been trailing off in that direction for 20 years.

Star Wars Land will poach some people from MK for sure, but when guests realize the rest of the park is still lacking enough things to do they'll trend back towards MK where that's never been a problem.
I wonder if WDW will continue to sell those special ticket packages where it's 4 tickets, one to each park, one park per day.

Allyp

In the Parks
Yes
Basically. Although my two year old is going to LOOOOVE it, so much so I'm wondering how the lines will be because I'm sure we'd want to do it multiple times.

Hawkeye_2018

The animatronic and its base looks very well done.
But it still feels just like a random simulator. Will the chairs and seats be 4d with effects? or its just the show and thats it?
Has it been confirmed there is any movement similar to a simulator? I was thinking this was more of a stage show

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom