Third parking garage coming to Disney Springs

Disone

Yes ita quiet annoying
Is that a nitpick;) just teasing. It does seem complex. My guess would be a design that favors the garage traffic flow over the gas station's. It might have even been a last-minute change. I wonder if this is why the garage opening has been delayed?

Rteetz

From Bioreconstruct

Driver

There was a discussion about this at some point in the past. I believe the consensus was that Disney was trying very hard to get out of their contract with the prior sensor vendor because they were not functioning as expected. They were moving forward with a new AI/video sensing solution that was supposedly much more effective and accurate. Maybe someone who remembers better or knows of the original thread could comment.
They did change them because they were unreliable but there was no contract issue. Disney got those free through a grant.

halltd

They did change them because they were unreliable but there was no contract issue. Disney got those free through a grant.
So are the new ones really cameras? If so, wow. They literally have thousands of cameras just in the garage.

GAVB

Third parking garage isn’t just for guests it’s for employees. So you wanted have many guests except maybe weekends and holidays. They didn’t connect it to the lime garage so they can track employees not parking in the line garage. Why no covering that’s something I don’t understand employees will get we because they have to get to work on time

peter11435

Third parking garage isn’t just for guests it’s for employees. So you wanted have many guests except maybe weekends and holidays. They didn’t connect it to the lime garage so they can track employees not parking in the line garage. Why no covering that’s something I don’t understand employees will get we because they have to get to work on time

That is not why it wasn’t connected to Lime. But it will be a benefit.

There are no coveringns on any of the pedestrian bridges including those that are primarily intended for guests.

WhatJaneSays

In the process of thinking about a 4th garage ... I kind of wonder if Disney ever though about (in modern era) about creating a standalone parking complex unattached to any park/hotel/complex. While it wouldn't necessarily be need everyday single day, but between the increased need for extra holiday/summer parking at MK and Epcot, overflow for hotels, special events, Cast parking being redirected for those events, plus Disney Springs and the parking crunch DHS may experience once Star Wars opens ... its not unreasonable to think that there may be more days than not parking is being redirected somewhere on property soon.

A modern version of the "Transportation and Ticket Center" might be cheaper/more effective than expanding their flat lots 10-15% and a 4th DS garage.

halltd

In the process of thinking about a 4th garage ... I kind of wonder if Disney ever though about (in modern era) about creating a standalone parking complex unattached to any park/hotel/complex. While it wouldn't necessarily be need everyday single day, but between the increased need for extra holiday/summer parking at MK and Epcot, overflow for hotels, special events, Cast parking being redirected for those events, plus Disney Springs and the parking crunch DHS may experience once Star Wars opens ... its not unreasonable to think that there may be more days than not parking is being redirected somewhere on property soon.

A modern version of the "Transportation and Ticket Center" might be cheaper/more effective than expanding their flat lots 10-15% and a 4th DS garage.
If they had built the site as Walt envisioned with the centralized parking and network of mass transit, that would work. At this point, I think it's too late. Plus, people complain enough already with the MK lot being "so far away". I can't imagine if they had to transit to somewhere near Celebration to get to their car. LOL.

mm121

I wonder if they ever considered putting a parking garage over the bus depot. They could still have the buses using the ground level, and have multiple floors of guest parking above.
I thought of that too, but I don't think they'd do it unless they absolutely didn't have any other spots left.

It wouldn't make for the greatest arrivals experience.

I'd say if they need a 4th garage it would be good to put it just south of the speedway station on the east side of lbv since that land wouldn't be logical for shopping dinning expansions.

jt04

I thought of that too, but I don't think they'd do it unless they absolutely didn't have any other spots left.

It wouldn't make for the greatest arrivals experience.

I'd say if they need a 4th garage it would be good to put it just south of the speedway station on the east side of lbv since that land wouldn't be logical for shopping dinning expansions.

They could do an employee only garage for peak season days with bus connections to backstage. WWoS has land.

mm121

They could do an employee only garage for peak season days with bus connections to backstage. WWoS has land.
The issue with an employee only garage vs a 4th at DS is how to pay for it.

A employee only garage would be paid for by Disney.

Versus how the current 3 garages were paid for with RCID funds as they are considered public infrastructure.

GAVB

The camera that were referred to record you as you walk into and out of the garage. As well as. The camera that take pictures of license plates as you enter the garage. Also if you now look at the new system there will be a red blinking light that appears. This light lets them know that a car has been there for a long tine and is likely a cast member. Now they can record the information of the car and eventually have a discussion with the cat member

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom