best buffet for dinner?

marge

Original Poster
we've booked all our adr's but now my husband is saying he wouldn't mind a Buffett! we'd only do dinner and only meat we eat is ĺchicken and fish. great dessert a plus! suggestions?

zurgandfriend

Chicken and fish should not be a problem, most buffets have a good dessert selection as well. Some buffets to consider are;

Boma - in the Animal Kingdom Lodge

1900 Park Fare - Grand Floridian

Crystal Palace - Magic Kingdom

Biergarten - Epcot World Showcase

zurgandfriend

thanks, zurg! I read about one that has excellent strawberry shortcake. anyone know what that one is?

I am not sure about who has strawberry shortcake. 1900 Park Fare has a great strawberry soup... trust me. Boma's signature dessert is zebra domes which are great. Biergarten has strudel, cheese cake, and black forest cake among their desserts.

Schneewittchen

My family really likes Biergarten, Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace for dinner.

With your eating restrictions, Biergarten may not go very well with all of the sausage, beef and pork options.

Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace are really very similar, lots of random American fare and decent salad bars too. No one leaves hungry. And after a long hot day at Magic Kingdom, I really look forward to the rockin AC at the Crystal Palace.

slappy magoo

Boma is one of my favorite places to eat anywhere, not just WDW.
Trails End is a good choice if you're not on the dining plan as it's the most affordable buffet on property. Not too diverse a selection but hearty.
I like 1900 Park Fare more for breakfast but YMMV
Ditto Crystal Palace.

Schneewittchen

They may be referring to Trails End. I have never eaten there, but they supply the food for Hoop Dee Doo Review and we love it.
Right, the Hoop Dee Doo Revue strawberry shortcake is amazing.

Can anyone confirm that Trail's End dinner food is the same stuff served at Hoop Dee Doo? If so, I'm making some last minute reservation changes....... Forget the show, just give me fried chicken and shortcake.

I've only had Trail's End breakfast, it's so good and not at all a mad house like some places....

jmunzert

you are getting such amazing suggestions! Boma really is a great one, and the added plus of visiting beautiful Animal Kingdom Lodge! I have also always enjoyed Tusker House , great character interaction there. Cape May seems to get better each time I go :)

disneyworlddad

You may actually like Crystal Palace. I thought it was a decent buffet but the characters of Pooh, Piglet, Tigger, and Eyeor is why we decided to go there in the first place. They had standard salad buffet (green with toppings and Cesar) Some different other various kinds of salad (pasta, olive, tomatoes mixes) I know they had at least three different kinds of chicken (chicken legs on the kids portion, not fired, more like grilled/baked and two different kids of chicken wings, buffalo and a sesame Asian flavor one) They also has salmon. My wife and mother in law enjoyed it (I don't touch the stuff). They also had sirloin and pork which was pretty tasty. The dessert was ok. We didn't like their bread pudding as it tasted like fruity pebbles. Cupcakes were ok, I liked the smore tart they had, wife didn't. They also had self serve soft serve ice cream. Various other little puddings etc. One of the things I liked best was there cornbread casserole.

MouseMelly

I am ridiculously picky when it comes to fried chicken. My late grandmother’s was something dreams are made of and I won’t cheat unless the quality is high. Trails End does not disappoint. Check out this review from DTB:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom