News Spaceship Earth Refurb - 2 Year Closure

britain

Crazy notion... but they used a Rod Serling impersonator for most of Tower or Terror, and it worked out perfectly.

How would you guys feel if they used a Walt Disney impersonator for a new Spaceship Earth narration?

I don’t object, but I’d prefer something like that for something Walt was involved with, like Carousel of Progress. Spaceship Earth is part of the Epcot theme park, not the city of his dreams.

...although he did narrate Magic Skyway at the 64 worlds fair. Hmm, maybe. But I think it would be too distracting.

Bender123

Common meaning anyone with an IQ in double digits. It's not brain surgery.

There are children, people with cognitive disorders, etc...all over the parks. I don't like it, either, but I do realize it has a place in the CYA world of litigation. A place must always have a defense for when the unexpected happens. In the 60s at Disneyland, a kid was killed after being struck by a monorail, when he tried to run on the tracks...so...yeah...

Mike S

There are children, people with cognitive disorders, etc...all over the parks. I don't like it, either, but I do realize it has a place in the CYA world of litigation. A place must always have a defense for when the unexpected happens. In the 60s at Disneyland, a kid was killed after being struck by a monorail, when he tried to run on the tracks...so...yeah...
That’s what is called natural selection.

Epcot_Imagineer

End of this year. Though a betting man would think early January.
Crossing my fingers and hoping they wait until after the Marathon... First because I'm planning on being there and want to give it one last ride, and second because I'd imagine an open park, along with construction AND a marathon would be an OPS nightmare.

Goofyernmost

To be honest... I don't mind it at all. I like immersion, but, through it all I always have an awareness of where I am and allow myself to enjoy the attraction regardless of the distractions, especially one done for safety. However, is it necessary for all? No, of course not. It is the same with the complaint on how there are stops on the Haunted Mansion, Spaceship Earth and others. Then we hear about how awful maintenance is and when pointed out that it is to help those with mobility problems to load and unload safely, the anger is still there and there is upset because THEIR experience was interrupted for 30 seconds because someone else needed assistance.

Last edited:

Next Big Thing

Bill Burr. And let him ad lib it as he rides the ride just spouting off whatever comes to mind as he passes each scene.
I know this was said as a joke, but man, would that be a hoot.

"Remember when your dad ignored you and your mom just kinda stood there cooking and cleaning while you raised yourself? Ha! look at this guy on the boat over here!"

"Ya know, i'm glad your life sucks. Makes me feel better about my own."

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom