News Spaceship Earth Refurb - 2 Year Closure

Missing20K

The problem is the networks do their "journalism" based off Twitter...When I see columns that list "Opinions on Twitter were" with a list of hot takes, I immediately think this is the internet version of having your news reported by the "I aint got time for dat!" lady.

The whole idea of reporting is to verify the idiots, not to just parrot them.
Not sure how "Opinions on Twitter" are any different than the "Man on the Street" interviews TV stations used to do, for those of us old enough to remember, but I digress........

First choice: Billy Connolly
Second choice: Bob Dylan.

Bender123

Not sure how "Opinions on Twitter" are any different than the "Man on the Street" interviews TV stations used to do, for those of us old enough to remember, but I digress........

First choice: Billy Connolly
Second choice: Bob Dylan.

Thats exactly my point...Twitter hot takes are worth as much as the opinion of Jeb from the trailer park.

Creathir

With the Fox buyout, Disney could make Dr. Nick (from the Simpsons) the narrator:
Dr. Nick: And now everybody we are passing by the Library of Alexand- Inflammable means flammable? What a Country!
Some cruel irony in the Fox purchase right there...

I would argue few things have damaged monorails as a valid form of mass transit more than that Simpson’s episode...

Disney was one of the pioneers of the monorail, and will soon own its destructor.

wishiwere@wdw

Sorry if it’s already been mentioned... can only read back so many pages! So just ignore if I’m late to the party lol.

My understanding is that there could be significant demo being done at the rear of the attraction to accommodate a new load/unload and fastpass. I have no idea how but something is also in the works to allow for easier load and unload for those guests with disabilities as well (prevent stoppage).

On a positive note, this should allow for the vast majority of the queue to be indoors in the AC but I have to admit, if this does turn out to be accurate, I’ll miss waiting under this amazing, iconic structure.

Regardless, my vote for the new narrator goes to Mike Rowe :).

JohnD

Nothing new that hasn't already been mentioned here but they credit @marni1971 directly:

Bricker often credits people at WDWMagic, especially the insiders.

trainplane3

Bricker often credits people at WDWMagic, especially the insiders.
Good to know. I've never read that site before.

Also, related since it's the SSE thread...?
lqu1lBJ.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom