Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway - Disneyland

TROR

The current location of the Indian village along the Rivers of America should've been the new spot for the petting zoo and the Indian village should've gone where the statue of the foxes are on the Disneyland Railroad, overlooking the entrance to Galaxy's Edge.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
But, again: Bantha's are huge. Literally elephant sized huge. And slow. How would that even fit in the land? How would that have a PPH that got over 400 PPH? We're talking something similar to a horse-drawn Main Street carriage ride as a feasible third ride for a land.

I understand the theme and concept, but how could it even be remotely feasible in practice? It just seems like the kind of impractical pie-in-the-sky ideas that pop up with armchair imagineers.

Have you ever seen a herd of stampeding elephants? They run pretty fast, between 10-15MPH. On average they walk about 4.5MPH.

Anyways, I kind of assumed they'd be as wide, tall, and long as a PM car, so basically it'd be two PM car lengths per guest group. The PM only went about 7MPH, so at 4-5MPH its still is fast enough to get plenty of guests through, especially when you have continuous Banta's walking through the land.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I tried to go day of. Lol

Oh well, maybe one day they'll bring back a good BBQ place.

One thing I've noticed is that good BBQ restaurants are going away on the west coast. Just like I find it next to impossible to get beef ribs at the supermarket now to cook at home. Possible its not profitable anymore.

fctiger

I thought they at least moved the BBQ menu to another restaurant. Not all you can eat like before but at least on a menu?

But my god it wassssss so good. It was worth every dollar. Ate there three times. I'm getting hungry just thinking about the meat.

mickEblu

Oh well, maybe one day they'll bring back a good BBQ place.

One thing I've noticed is that good BBQ restaurants are going away on the west coast. Just like I find it next to impossible to get beef ribs at the supermarket now to cook at home. Possible its not profitable anymore.

Yeah we just have big crappy chains like Lucille’s

socalifornian

After I finished the program at wdw I would go to dlr with an old CP roommate three days a week sometimes. It felt like we ate at that bbq every other visit. Way too much. We’ve chilled way out on park food since Mickey cut us off. Pretty sure I have kbbq more than American bbq now

Rich T

almost nothing? ALMOST NOTHING?! Di$$$$$ney NEUTERS Walt's River™, the eighth wonder of the world, the river Walt personally looked at with his own two eyes, the greatest addition to Disneyland in 65 years, and you have the NERVE to say ALMOST NOTHING?!

shame on you, sir.
I would vote for having the full river back over SWGE. But that’s because I love rivers & riverboats, and couldn’t care less about any SW films released after 1977.

Last edited:

Rich T

Have you ever seen a herd of stampeding elephants? They run pretty fast, between 10-15MPH. On average they walk about 4.5MPH.

Anyways, I kind of assumed they'd be as wide, tall, and long as a PM car, so basically it'd be two PM car lengths per guest group. The PM only went about 7MPH, so at 4-5MPH its still is fast enough to get plenty of guests through, especially when you have continuous Banta's walking through the land.
And all the banthas (thanks to hundreds of hours of Imagineer research and development) smelling just the way we’d expect! :D

TROR

Galaxy's Edge's plot should've been used for a land dedicated to the Founding Fathers and Colonial America, thus making the petting zoo a perfect transition.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom