News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

SuddenStorm

...forget it. No one here seems to appreciate news so I am not posting anymore.

Your content often receives loads of likes and sparks interesting and thoughtful discussion, of course we appreciate your posts.

Sometimes, what your insiders say doesn't jive with what we've heard so we probe for additional clarification, but that's in no way a slight on you and your posts here.

britain

...forget it. No one here seems to appreciate news so I am not posting anymore.

Hey I think my tone was misinterpreted here. I really thought you were saying what I was saying (hence your statement about the guy not knowing about ESB). My comment was to head off people who incorrectly thought that you were saying this was a photo of a similar animatronic.

I really was just trying to clarify for others. No offense meant.

BrianLo

Original Poster
These lands often rely on a number of inside references and cues that are intended to excite fans of the source material. A lot of world building is deemed unncessary because the audience should already be familiar with the material. Imagine riding the Forbidden Journey without knowing anything about Harry Potter. It'd be a weird, cool looking building with a weird, slightly exciting ride.

That's not to say there aren't exceptions. The best one I can think of is Indiana Jones Adventure- but in terms of IP focused lands, they definitely tend to rely on pre existing knowledge and emotional connection for the storytelling aspect.

Hopefully this is the difference between imagineering and universal creative.

Generally Imagineerings output is aimed at appealing to everyone and being extra layered for those who don’t know the source material. Forbidden is very much a mish mashed, whose who of Potter characters and references. It’s actually terribly revealing that Universal creative is beyond terrible at storytelling in their attractions.

I love Forbidden Journey from every other aspect though. But Gringott’s is where the shiney ride, pacing and set pieces all fall apart and leave the turd of the story telling in full glory.

SSG

Tue, March 12, 2019
Special Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Panel Unveiled for Star Wars Celebration Chicago
by Thomas Smith, Editorial Content Director, Disney Parks

Star Wars fans – Walt Disney Imagineering and members of Lucasfilm will be sharing new details and stories about Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge during a special panel announced for the upcomingStar Wars Celebration Chicago event.

On Saturday, April 13, the “Bringing Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge to Life at Disney Parks,” panel will feature a revealing discussion about the immersive land and how guests can live their own Star Wars story when Star Wars:Galaxy’s Edge opens on May 31 at Disneyland Resort in Southern California and August 29 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida. There might just be a few surprises during the session, too!

If you were one of the many Disney Parks Blog readers who enjoyed last week’s Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge announcements, then Star Wars Celebration is a must-do event. It’s the ultimate fan experience focused on a galaxy far, far away. From April 11-15, fans from all over the world will gather at Star Wars Celebration Chicago for announcements, immersive exhibits, exclusive merchandise, autograph sessions and more.

While we wait for the “Bringing Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge to Life at Disney Parks,” panel, you can keep up to date on all things Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge with our exclusive “Building Batuu” story series and new page dedicated to Star Warsat Disney Parks.

Keep checking the Disney Parks Blog for updates on Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland Resort in Southern California and Disney’s Hollywood Studios in Florida.

Phroobar

Generally Imagineerings output is aimed at appealing to everyone and being extra layered for those who don’t know the source material. Forbidden is very much a mish mashed, whose who of Potter characters and references. It’s actually terribly revealing that Universal creative is beyond terrible at storytelling in their attractions.

I love Forbidden Journey from every other aspect though. But Gringott’s is where the shiney ride, pacing and set pieces all fall apart and leave the turd of the story telling in full glory.
Yet none of that really matters. Look at the lines for Forbidden Journey, Gringott's, Incredibcoaster and GOTG:MB. Bad stories but the tourists don't care. They will line up for anything that is an attraction.

Unless it's Lincoln.

Professortango1

I prefer Gringotts over FJ. All of my party actually really enjoyed Gringotts.

Last edited:

Sharon&Susan

A1-FRED HTCHC-0K Presents

THE PORGS

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom