News Height requirements for Star Wars Galaxy's Edge rides and details on FastPass+

Keppyslinger

Studios is going to be significantly busier for years based on Galaxy's Edge opening. And for several months it will be extremely busy.

Avatar crowds remained high for months, and the ride still frequently has 3 hour + standbys, and very limited FP+ availability.
Good to know. How does this impact the other parks? Will this make them all madhouses or will this draw people out ok AK, MK, and Epcot?

HauntedMansionFLA

Does anyone have an idea how dramatically the park attendance at Animal Kingdom Changed after opening week of Avatar? I guess what I am wondering is how long did the crush last? I have reservations for October and I am wondering if things will still be insane at Hollywood Studios or if there will be more typical Disney crowds by then?
Insane

Tavernacle12

Good to know. How does this impact the other parks? Will this make them all madhouses or will this draw people out ok AK, MK, and Epcot?

I imagine at launch it’ll suck people out of AK and Epcot at least. As people book specifically for it things will change, but by how much is going to depend on if it’s regulars or lapsed people booking trips now that they have dates or if it’s newbies specifically coming to Star Wars.

Are there numbers for the post Hogmeade, pre-Diagon time at Universal Studios (not IoA)?

I am Timmy

Does anyone remember if Disney opened FoP without FP available as well? I thought they did, but I can't remember for how long.

SwitchOne

With members of my party having autistic spectrum disorders a wait of this length without fast-passes won't even be remotely possible. Do you think there will still be DAS pass entry in operation given there's no fast-passes? Thank you

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Info on height requirements...

View attachment 355037

So, for Smuggler's Run, half of 3 year olds and almost all 4 year olds will be able to ride. Make sure the 3 year old drives.

For RotR, almost half of all 4 year olds and almost all 5 year olds will be able to ride.
Any theories on why the Disneyland Space Mountain is only 42 inches? My daughter is pretty crushed that she was able to ride in Anaheim but won't be able to ride on our next WDW trip.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
With members of my party having autistic spectrum disorders a wait of this length without fast-passes won't even be remotely possible. Do you think there will still be DAS pass entry in operation given there's no fast-passes? Thank you
Yes, Iger confirmed that at the investors meeting yesterday. No details, but he confirmed that there will be something.

SwitchOne

Yes, Iger confirmed that at the investors meeting yesterday. No details, but he confirmed that there will be something.
Thanks for that Captain! Hopefully something is available to allow us to ride it. We're booked in for 3 weeks at Coronado in October to allow for a more relaxed pace. None of us were expecting GE to open while we were there and to be honest I would have avoided those dates had I known it would open that early but we're locked in now and just hoping it's not going to be too crazy. Who am I kidding though. It may just mean avoiding everything without DAS pass or fast pass entry.

Next Big Thing

Thanks, I believe you! I have just wondered if they are going to do something different, because the lines are
going to be insane.

I listened to the WDW Today podcast about FOP on President's day--it had a 345 minute wait! That is insane.
It would be preferable to have some sort of reservation system, I'd think.

Honestly, I don't know how they are going to handle it.
FoP has waits like that because it's running at half capacity most of the time.

rle4lunch

Vehemently disagree. DL's loading area is better but the ride vehicles are borderline painful and the track itself is dull.

I think the faster side at MK is almost on par with the single track at DL, but you get on the slow side of MK's and it's just boring. The dips in DL are much more impressive and take you by surprise. The car layout makes you feel like you're going much faster than MK's version. (and this is from a guy who went to WDW his whole life and didn't visit DL for the first time till he was 25). IMO of course..

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
The dips in DL are much more impressive and take you by surprise.
b0f.gif

DL's lacks that one "big" drop that WDW's has, which is the best part of either one IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom