News New Pixar-themed children's experience coming to Disney’s Contemporary Resort

ThatMouse

Same question everyone else has, where is this? Also, where was the original Contemporary arcade, where the Wave is? It seems like no one knows how to set-up a proper arcade anymore. Good arcade cabinets still exist. When I was a kid, that arcade was the highlight of my Disney trip. I would be saving up quarters. I never liked meeting characters or doing things without my parents.

EpcotCenter82

Same question everyone else has, where is this? Also, where was the original Contemporary arcade, where the Wave is?

PIxar Play Zone takes the place of the game stop arcade on the 4th floor (Grand Canyon Concourse). When Bay Lake Tower was under construction, Disney moved everything around in the Tower to make it easier to access certain services for DVC members.

The arcade and quick service location on the 1st floor (Fiesta Fun Center) were moved up to the Grand Canyon Concourse. The Concourse Steakhouse was closed on the Grand Canyon Concourse to make room for the new quick service location, Contempo Cafe. The arcade was moved into the Fantasia shop on the GCC and then a new Fantasia shop was built in the middle of the Concourse. Finally The Wave took the place of the original arcade and quick service spot on the 1st floor.

Now DVC members have direct access to the Contempo Cafe to use refillable mugs and the Pixar Play Zone (old arcade) by using the skybridge.

MinnieWaffles

You know instead of this they actually could open up the world wide of sports at night bus the kids in with security checks place the thing on lock down assign the Rugrats with a number and id photo badge and have these Rugrats kids get excercise and actually have fun away from video games fortnite learn to make friends the old fashion way with letters hand made and arts and crafts with bocce soccer swimming running

Oh yeah, little kids would LOVE that. Who needs games and people dressed as Woody and Jessie? :rolleyes:

HwdStudio

You know instead of this they actually could open up the world wide of sports at night bus the kids in with security checks place the thing on lock down assign the Rugrats with a number and id photo badge and have these Rugrats kids get excercise and actually have fun away from video games fortnite learn to make friends the old fashion way with letters hand made and arts and crafts with bocce soccer swimming running
Why not just send them to camp?

WDWMPrincess

It does sound like the programs on the cruise ships. And, honestly, for 4+ hours of babysitting with characters, games, and dinner, ~70 bucks is almost reasonable (though less so if you're leaving 2 or 3 kids for the event).

I found the blog post on this. I'm curious to know can I book this if we aren't staying in the resort? For example if we've got an adult dinner reservation? It seems to imply this may be a possibility which I think people would like for their arrival day if they get in early enough to partake.

BlindChow

Another wasted chance for a Whack-A-Alien game...

1ef3yeh9r9801.jpg

nickys

Premium Member
So the arcade has gone? That sucks. A lot of older kids used the arcade. And that leaves just the GF on the monorail.

Rteetz

Apparently this is going away and a new experience is coming called, Captain Hook's Pirate Crew. This will be an escape room style activity for kids 4-12 and will also have a scavenger hunt throughout the resort. Cost is $55.

nickys

Premium Member
Apparently this is going away and a new experience is coming called, Captain Hook's Pirate Crew. This will be an escape room style activity for kids 4-12 and will also have a scavenger hunt throughout the resort. Cost is $55.

Can’t help but wonder how they will monitor a scavenger hunt with kids of that age in a resort the size of the Contemporary. Put them in high-viz vests so CMs would spot them heading out the door to the pool? Or sneaking into Chef Mickey’s!

I don’t see too many parents paying for their kids to be allowed to run loose. I would think most would want to know they would be in a safe area and supervised.

Not to mention right now the idea of kids and an escape room, however kid friendly, is perhaps a case of very poor timing.

Patcheslee

Can’t help but wonder how they will monitor a scavenger hunt with kids of that age in a resort the size of the Contemporary. Put them in high-viz vests so CMs would spot them heading out the door to the pool? Or sneaking into Chef Mickey’s!

I don’t see too many parents paying for their kids to be allowed to run loose. I would think most would want to know they would be in a safe area and supervised.

Not to mention right now the idea of kids and an escape room, however kid friendly, is perhaps a case of very poor timing.
Mine would be the little girl waiting for Peter Pan to come rescue her 😍😍🥰 lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom