Rumor Haunted Mansion Restaurant?

tirian

Leaving money on the table. It would be the Le Cellier of the MK.
You mean it would be an overpriced, mediocre restaurant? ;)

You’re right. It would be impossible to get dining reservations at an HM table-service restaurant. But we’re talking about the same people who can’t figure out what to do with the prime real estate at Tomorrowland Terrace, Stitch, and Monsters. They’re the same people who made BATB a reservation-only QS location. They’re the same people who put microchips on cardboard cups to stop the small percentage of Guests who took advantage of the Coke machines, while McDonald’s can afford to sell any size soft drink for $1—then raised the refillable mugs from $12.99 to $20 while shrinking their capacity.

I can’t figure out why Disney F&B leaves easy money on the table.

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
You mean it would be an overpriced, mediocre restaurant? ;)

You’re right. It would be impossible to get dining reservations at an HM table-service restaurant. But we’re talking about the same people who can’t figure out what to do with the prime real estate at Tomorrowland Terrace, Stitch, and Monsters. They’re the same people who made BATB a reservation-only QS location. They’re the same people who put microchips on cardboard cups to stop the small percentage of Guests who took advantage of the Coke machines, while McDonald’s can afford to sell any size soft drink for $1—then raised the refillable mugs from $12.99 to $20 while shrinking their capacity.

I can’t figure out why Disney F&B leaves easy money in the table.

I can’t “Like” this post enough. 😁

Bocabear

I waited to visit Le Cellier for decades, and made it there my last visit.

I never expected Le Ponderosa Steakhouse...
It used to be excellent, but the overall food quality has dropped everywhere since they started the Disney Dining Program... Which is such a shame... I wish they would get rid of that program entirely or make it so it did not include signature restaurants, so that they could concentrate on food quality again.

teddisney

It used to be excellent, but the overall food quality has dropped everywhere since they started the Disney Dining Program... Which is such a shame... I wish they would get rid of that program entirely or make it so it did not include signature restaurants, so that they could concentrate on food quality again.
This. I know similar sentiments have been posted a million times, but pre-DDP there were several exceptional restaurants at WDW and the ones we've gone to for years have definitely slid to the middle ground.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
I stand by my original statement in that a Wind in the Willows/Sleepy Hollow area with restaurant would be the better option. Would a Haunted Mansion hotel or restaurant make a crap ton of money? Yes, but there's is such a thing as over-saturation which I feel would dilute the HM ride experience. The fact that this never gained any traction is a rare WDW blessing!

Bocabear

I stand by my original statement in that a Wind in the Willows/Sleepy Hollow area with restaurant would be the better option. Would a Haunted Mansion hotel or restaurant make a crap ton of money? Yes, but there's is such a thing as over-saturation which I feel would dilute the HM ride experience. The fact that this never gained any traction is a rare WDW blessing!
It could very well dilute the ride experience..espcially if done in the tone of the new cemetary queue...But if it were done right it could add to the experience... Immersive environment dining is a wonderful thing...even when the food is not great (Be Our Guest) Perhaps a Pirates Of The Caribbean immersive environment Restaurant would be better? The Astronomers Club restaurant for Tomorrowland that was once planned? A Neverland themed restaurant indoor under a starlit sky with pirate ship and Skull Rock? Any of those ideas would be fine with me...and I don't necessarily think they would detract from the ride... But enhance and extend the experience...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom