Jersey Roll Call!!

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
With so many members hailing from the Garden State, (myself included) I thought it would be fun to see how many of us there are and what town you live in.
Who knows, I may need to set up a Jersey Meet and Greet!!

Please tell me where you live and when your next Disney trip or cruise will be.
I'll start! I've lived in Lake Hopatcong for most of my life. My next planned trip is Disneyland in June, but I'm known to do last minute trips to WDW 😆

Pam

macefamily

Not a Jersey-ite but I spend a full week every year in Wildwood Crest. Boardwalk every night, go out for blue crabs one day, Mack's Pizza at least once a day, at least five different mini golf courses during the week, and we go for groceries to the Acme ! Restaurants are also a treat in Wildwood Crest, The Crabhouse, Mudhens Pub, Little Italy, Joe's on the Boardwalk.....

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
Not a Jersey-ite but I spend a full week every year in Wildwood Crest. Boardwalk every night, go out for blue crabs one day, Mack's Pizza at least once a day, at least five different mini golf courses during the week, and we go for groceries to the Acme ! Restaurants are also a treat in Wildwood Crest, The Crabhouse, Mudhens Pub, Little Italy, Joe's on the Boardwalk.....
Excellent!! When is your next trip?

Pam

macefamily

Next visit to Jersey is the third week of June. It's my youngest kid's high school graduation trip. He made friends with a group of kids from NJ who stay at a hotel across from our place and they look forward to spending the week together every year. They're from Little Falls, NJ. I've heard of Lake Hopatcong before, where is it ? I have been to Lopatcong, NJ which is just over the PA border. We're the same as you....we sometimes do last minute WDW trips. I have a friend who has a condo in Kissimmee so we get housing for dirt cheap. Depends on the airfare situation.

Smiley/OCD

Pam, born and raised in Maplewood, (home of the old Olympic Park, where the carrousel came from), DW from Edison, living the past 25+ years in Toms River...remember Bertram's Island amusement park? I rode that wooden roller coaster MANY times as a kid (and almost got thrown out of it while riding) which makes me laugh when all the people complain about SM and RnRC...we will be there May 19-29, 2020...Please plan a M & G...we're driving down this time...I'll bring some bagels, pizza, Italian hot dogs and Taylor Ham!!! We can have a foodie's party!!

SteveBrickNJ

Pam, born and raised in Maplewood, (home of the old Olympic Park, where the carrousel came from), DW from Edison, living the past 25+ years in Toms River...remember Bertram's Island amusement park? I rode that wooden roller coaster MANY times as a kid (and almost got thrown out of it while riding) which makes me laugh when all the people complain about SM and RnRC...we will be there May 19-29, 2020...Please plan a M & G...we're driving down this time...I'll bring some bagels, pizza, Italian hot dogs and Taylor Ham!!! We can have a foodie's party!!
Hi @Smiley/OCD
Have you enjoyed this winter that has been relatively lighter re. snowfall?
(For the sake of other readers....Toms River NJ and Brick NJ are neighboring townships)

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
Bertrand Island! I was there every summer as a teen since it was 15 mins away! There's actually a Facebook page dedicated to it. If we do a meet and greet, we'll do it in Jersey 😆
Pam

Smiley/OCD

Bertrand Island! I was there every summer as a teen since it was 15 mins away! There's actually a Facebook page dedicated to it. If we do a meet and greet, we'll do it in Jersey 😆
Pam
Great! We should have it at a restaurant near a gas station, so we can watch attendants pumping it for customers and laugh at everyone that has to do it themselves!!! LOL

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
I'm still in my childhood town. I moved to Germany for a few years back when I was married to my first husband but came home to Jersey

Oh and there's nothing like Jersey bagels, pizza or Taylor ham! (just sayin lol)

Pam

HouCuseChickie

I keep meaning to reply to this...and now I finally will.

I currently live in Texas, but I grew up in Scotch Plains, NJ. We also had a house down the shore in the Green Island area of Toms River (spent a lot of my summers in this area as well as Ortley Beach. Family lives all over NJ (north and south)...quite a lot still there. Always funny b/c my dad's side of the family is more Philly oriented and myself and my mom's side are more New York.

Disney trips are up in the air right now. I wasn't really planning on going back until summer 2021 or 2022, but a friend and I are now contemplating a Marathon trip in January 2020. We've been trying hard to get out and see more of the US during this Disney break.

Smiley/OCD

I keep meaning to reply to this...and now I finally will.

I currently live in Texas, but I grew up in Scotch Plains, NJ. We also had a house down the shore in the Green Island area of Toms River (spent a lot of my summers in this area as well as Ortley Beach. Family lives all over NJ (north and south)...quite a lot still there. Always funny b/c my dad's side of the family is more Philly oriented and myself and my mom's side are more New York.

Disney trips are up in the air right now. I wasn't really planning on going back until summer 2021 or 2022, but a friend and I are now contemplating a Marathon trip in January 2020. We've been trying hard to get out and see more of the US during this Disney break.
Home of Bowcraft on Rt. 22 (not there anymore)...my then GF (now DW), spent MANY dates paying miniature golf there...

Tony the Tigger

Grew up in Union Township, (UHS class of '89!) had an apartment in Budd Lake for a few years (waving hi to Lake Hopatcong!) then bought a condo in Woodbridge, but now live in Fort Lauderdale. Loved the shore so much, I started getting really bummed every September, so I came down here where it's almost always beach weather. (The beach down here does not have the character of the Jersey Shore, though.)

We have FL WS AP's, and just did a few short trips over the last two months. We'll probably do one more around April/May and then again for my bday at the end of August into early September.

Planning on our first cruise probably Fall 2020.

Btw, for the record:

Jimmies
Taylor Ham
Gravy

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom