Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

HauntedMansionFLA

Breaking news: Pictures inside Of SW:GE!!!
;);)
We could have gotten this product.

bclane

I think it’s confirmed the land takes place post Last Jedi so the Supreme Leader is dead.
Maybe, maybe not? I’m starting to wonder if he was just a Force projection as at least a few others have suggested. Here’s hoping JJ wraps that storyline up to everyone’s satisfaction.

britain

New video from Disneyland, showing aerial from a couple weeks ago.

Excellent new pics!

I wonder if the overflow extension queue to RotR will actually be the Hungry Bear path.

When Indy first opened it had us wind through Frontierland and Main Street, so I wouldn’t be surprised if not only did the RotR queue go along the Hungry Bear path, but they may commandeer the northernmost elevated Hungry Bear patio for additional switchbacks!

Last edited:

Disney Analyst

Exce

Excellent new pics!

I wonder if the overflow extension queue to RotR will actually be the Hungry Bear path.

When Indy first opened it had us wind through Frontierland and Main Street, so I wouldn’t be surprised if not only did the RotR queue go along the Hungry Bear path, but they may commandeer the northernmost elevated Hungry Bear patio for additional switchbacks!

Really does show how intimate the Disneyland version looks. And how far ahead they are.

Mike S

I predict that in 2021 there will be an entire thread dedicated to complaints about how there were live actor stormtroopers up on this bridge opening weekend and then never again. Then an insider tells us that the cast staircase is being used for storage so it's no longer accessible.

View attachment 349477
If that were the case I’d have to question the logic of building a bridge capable of having people walk on it and not just being for show, a staircase leading up to the bridge as well, but only using it once.

drod1985

I wouldn't say I'm a "sightline nazi" but I mean, I'll say it - leaving the backs of the buildings exposed like this when it's clearly visible to guests is lazy.

If I see a corner of the Muppets show building or a random Slinky Dog coaster in the sky? That's less offensive. I get it. There are certain things you can't avoid. But the exposed rockwork here and at Pandora cheapens all the work they put into making the land look phenomenal from the inside.

HauntedMansionFLA

I wouldn't say I'm a "sightline nazi" but I mean, I'll say it - leaving the backs of the buildings exposed like this when it's clearly visible to guests is lazy.

If I see a corner of the Muppets show building or a random Slinky Dog coaster in the sky? That's less offensive. I get it. There are certain things you can't avoid. But the exposed rockwork here and at Pandora cheapens all the work they put into making the land look phenomenal from the inside.
Perhaps the new hotel will block it out???

jt04

That is from the employee parking lot.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Perhaps the new hotel will block it out???

No, this is the view from the most Southwestern part of the new parking lot. The hotel is behind the point of view of the camera.

This view would only be seen be guests parking down there on the busiest days (IOW, once SWL is open). I'm sure there will be a phalanx of trees there to make it look nicer, but won't block the view of the half-finished rockwork. It'd be just like the view of FoP from the DAK lot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom