Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
How was this missed??

Indeed -- this. ^^

The fracture didn’t show up on either batch of x-rays. Fairly common according to the surgeon. Google concurs.

O.k. So (admittedly) talk is cheap, and forgive me for being a doubter of your first physician. But, I think the dr. blew it from the get-go--(regardless of what Dr. Google says, as backup, internet physician).

All I hope is that you can heal up your knee in the best way possible, at this late juncture. Very sorry to hear that your knee is in tough shape. Can't imagine how frustrating this entire ordeal must be for you. :(

Nemo14

Indeed -- this. ^^

O.k. So (admittedly) talk is cheap, and forgive me for being a doubter of your first physician. But, I think the dr. blew it from the get-go--(regardless of what Dr. Google says, as backup, internet physician).

All I hope is that you can heal up your knee in the best way possible, at this late juncture. Very sorry to hear that your knee is in tough shape. Can't imagine how frustrating this entire ordeal must be for you. :(
Actually it does happen occasionally. I skidded and fell on loose gravel on a trail many years ago while on a field trip for a class I was taking out West. My knee was swollen and bruised badly so I ended up in the accident room at a local hospital. They x-rayed and found nothing broken, and sent me on my way. I spent the next couple of weeks in some serious pain, and eventually had to drive myself back across the country. When I got home I went to my doctor who ordered more x-rays, and sure enough, the kneecap itself was cracked and the cartilage was basically pushed away. When I asked him why they didn't see that back in New Mexico, he said that it was probably because it was so swollen then, and that injuries like that often don't show up on the first x-ray.

Goofyernmost

Actually it does happen occasionally. I skidded and fell on loose gravel on a trail many years ago while on a field trip for a class I was taking out West. My knee was swollen and bruised badly so I ended up in the accident room at a local hospital. They x-rayed and found nothing broken, and sent me on my way. I spent the next couple of weeks in some serious pain, and eventually had to drive myself back across the country. When I got home I went to my doctor who ordered more x-rays, and sure enough, the kneecap itself was cracked and the cartilage was basically pushed away. When I asked him why they didn't see that back in New Mexico, he said that it was probably because it was so swollen then, and that injuries like that often don't show up on the first x-ray.
X-rays miss a lot of things. When I fell on my way down the stairs years ago, I was taken to the hospital via ambulance because I couldn't stand up. They x-rayed my knee and after hours of waiting they told me to go home, nothing was broken. They asked if I needed crutches or would just a brace be ok. I know I must have looked at them funny so the asked me what was wrong. I said, you do know that I cannot move the lower half of my leg from the knee down. The fall had severed my quad muscle from the ligaments that attach to the lower part of my leg and allow me to straighten my leg or kick a Doctor (fortunately for him). So one extensive surgery, some nerve damage and 3 months later I was about at 90% of what I was before. That has stayed the same and it is now 10 years later.

I don't remember telling them about my inability to move my leg because I thought that due to the x-rays and the swelling and the blood accumulating inside my leg and the fact that I couldn't walk or stand up and the medical degrees they possessed, that they knew that already.

Eric1955

Looks good! I will have to try one sometime if I ever make it there around this time of year. They are strictly a carnaval/mardi gras thing, right?

They’re technically a Mardi Gras thing but you can get them any time of the year. You just might have to do a special order. A lot of times we get one around Christmas and it will have red and green sugar on it. I already told my family that for my next birthday I want my cake to be a king cake. That will be a special order. Although, some places might have Halloween themed ones out at that time.
Please feel free to ship me rest to me! :hungry:

We’ve already eaten more than half. I’m afraid the rest might not even make it to tomorrow. Nobody has gotten the baby yet though.

Goofyernmost

I get it, and I totally agree, but there’s something a little sad about 97 year old Prince Philip voluntarily surrendering his driver’s licence.

Dude is my favourite Royal.
That's because he never says anything and walks 10 paces behind his wife. I think 97 is a good time to give up the licence. At that age he doesn't need anyone's permission. At least I am hoping for that privilege. I read someplace that the Queen still drives and she is almost as old has he is. She doesn't even have a licence, but, who's the soon to be unemployed Bobby that is going to make a big deal out of that.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom