News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

britain

I thought the whole smuggled onboard thing was confirmed too?

I assume you’ll be in a box / elevator, that will simulate being pushed up the ramp, the door/ramp ‘closes’ behind you and then you exit the box at that point.

I’m sure it will be very convincing and is a nifty solution to increase capacity.

Wha! First I’ve heard of this! More getting on / getting off rides before the main ride?!

BrianLo

Original Poster
Wha! First I’ve heard of this! More getting on / getting off rides before the main ride?!

There is an not inconceivable chance I dreamed this and am making it up. But I really thought someone said you’d be ‘lifted’ into the falcon, not walk Into it.

It may all be ground level for all I know. But I thought the ramp was a point of contention.

180º

There is an not inconceivable chance I dreamed this and am making it up. But I really thought someone said you’d be ‘lifted’ into the falcon, not walk Into it.

It may all be ground level for all I know. But I thought the ramp was a point of contention.
I remember hearing something about not being lifted into the Falcon, but that at some point in the queue you would become aware that the Falcon had been supposedly lowered from its landing pad above ground into a sub-level hangar, thereby explaining why the surroundings look different when you board it inside.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Maybe we'll enter the hatch Lando used to rescue Luke at the bottom of Cloud City...

Or any suitable hand-wave of entrance.

sedati

I do think the load area will be on a second level, so I expect some elevation change in the queue. Would be neat if we were raised up while story wise convinced we are being lowered to where the Falcon will be waiting.

SWGalaxysEdge

I do think the load area will be on a second level, so I expect some elevation change in the queue. Would be neat if we were raised up while story wise convinced we are being lowered to where the Falcon will be waiting.

...yes you do go up to the second level to load into the ride. I can confirm (1) because I was told that and (2) ADA takes an elevator to the 2nd floor instead of stairs/ramp like everyone else.

SWGalaxysEdge

So basically everyone walks up stairs/ramp to enter the loading zone?

...I can't confirm HOW non-ADA riders get there...maybe its all themed so you don't think about that you are going up, or you know it but it could a ramp or something "themed" - I'll look into it with my sources...

SWGalaxysEdge

Looks whats coming to Florida! As seen from the latest images courtesy of our friend @bioreconstruct (twitter) the Resistance is getting their turret installed! See the circled part of the image. I included an inset from the model of the land. This is the entrance to "Rise of the Resistance" - Woo hoo! #SWGalaxysEdge

SWGalaxysEdge

Just a guess - looking at the #SWGEFL Turret install for RotR, I drew out a guess of where the 2 queue lines might go. One shorter one (orange) might be for fastpass and the longer (red) might be the regular queue line. THOUGHTS?

britain

Just a guess - looking at the #SWGEFL Turret install for RotR, I drew out a guess of where the 2 queue lines might go. One shorter one (orange) might be for fastpass and the longer (red) might be the regular queue line. THOUGHTS?

View attachment 348910
I think orange is single rider, and fast pass is the red. The regular standby line I think veers further to the right by what sort of looks like old brown garden walls?

mickEblu

Is SWL still going to open in June with all this rain we’ve been having in So Cal? We ve got another 4 day + rain storm coming this week. That’s like the third one this year. I haven’t seen this much rain since El Niño In the late 90s.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Is SWL still going to open in June with all this rain we’ve been having in So Cal? We ve got another 4 day + rain storm coming this week. That’s like the third one this year. I haven’t seen this much rain since El Niño In the late 90s.

Given we aren't privy to their construction timetables, it's hard to say if they are ahead, behind, or on schedule at this point. You would think (or hope) that since this is a long-term project that weather would have been factored into those timetables. Any loss of time can be recouped through overtime or the temporary hiring of additional crew.

The mountains seem mostly done, the Falcon is pretty much done, they've started bringing in the other ship props. Buildings go up fast and they are getting fairly close on a lot of them. I'm sure a lot of other smaller props and things like droids are being created off site and will be hauled in. I dunno, I'd say they are still in good shape, but that's just my guess.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Based on some of the videos Disney put out recently (assuming it was DL) it looks like most of the outdoor construction that would be affected by weather is completed. Everything left outdoors, all the plantings, aesthetics, etc., can be done after the rains are done. I would think its just the finish rock work that is held up, but that is quick work that can completed later.

So I'm betting they are mostly doing indoor work anyways. Or anything outdoors they are doing isn't affected by rain.

One piece of interesting anecdotal data, most of the large scale construction I've seen continues in the rain once the framing is done.

mickEblu

Based on some of the videos Disney put out recently (assuming it was DL) it looks like most of the outdoor construction that would be affected by weather is completed. Everything left outdoors, all the plantings, aesthetics, etc., can be done after the rains are done. I would think its just the finish rock work that is held up, but that is quick work that can completed later.

So I'm betting they are mostly doing indoor work anyways. Or anything outdoors they are doing isn't affected by rain.

One piece of interesting anecdotal data, most of the large scale construction I've seen continues in the rain once the framing is done.

What about the village, cantina, shops and all the stuff we usually can’t see in videos. Is all of that done?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
..the last one with the girl taking us on the construction tour...a lot was filmed in Orlando, from what I was told.

I'm sorry but that would likely be incorrect. A construction manager like in that video would be for a specific site, not both. They work with the local construction crews and logistics to ensure everything is kept on schedule. So its was either all filmed at DLR or all filmed at DHS, not both. And given the construction we saw it was likely filmed a couple months ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom