Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Goofyernmost

Do we know how tall the highest point in the land will be?
While we are checking that out... can we find out how much water will be in the toilet bowls in SWL. What? Seems just as relevant. However, in fairness, if that question will be to determine if anything will be visible from outside the land, of course, it will... everything depends on where one is standing at the time. The important thing is that we bring our inner child with us when we go to a Disney park. That enables us to easily not notice stuff like that because we have suspended disbelief long enough to enjoy life and not let OCD take it over.

MrHappy

See correction above.
Great catch, I listened a dozen times and didn't hear him whisper that correction - I hope you're right, @MisterPenguin . The woman speaking isn't really that smooth with delivering information. Also, did I hear her correctly that they are not allocating additional funding to Ops for the opening of these lands? Doesn't the seem odd?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Great catch, I listened a dozen times and didn't hear him whisper that correction - I hope you're right, @MisterPenguin . The woman speaking isn't really that smooth with delivering information. Also, did I hear her correctly that they are not allocating additional funding to Ops for the opening of these lands? Doesn't the seem odd?

No, they are indeed increasing expenditure that comes with opening the land. They're not going to spend a lot on marketing. Bob joked that him tweeting it's open would be sufficient given how popular the IP is and the buzz already around it.

All you have to do is look at all the new forum members who are Star Wars fans infiltrating our forums with questions and information. The buzz is strong with them.

erasure fan1

While we are checking that out... can we find out how much water will be in the toilet bowls in SWL. What? Seems just as relevant. However, in fairness, if that question will be to determine if anything will be visible from outside the land, of course, it will... everything depends on where one is standing at the time. The important thing is that we bring our inner child with us when we go to a Disney park. That enables us to easily not notice stuff like that because we have suspended disbelief long enough to enjoy life and not let OCD take it over.
Sorry, not really the same. Disney keeps things under the height that requires having lights on the structure. While it doesn't make sense to have flashing lights on top of the castle. You could go higher in galaxys edge because it's a space port, so it makes sense if there are lights. Actually I would expect them. So comparing it to the water in the toilets is a bit unfair. You might not care, and that's ok too.

MrHappy

No, they are indeed increasing expenditure that comes with opening the land. They're not going to spend a lot on marketing. Bob joked that him tweeting it's open would be sufficient given how popular the IP is and the buzz already around it.

All you have to do is look at all the new forum members who are Star Wars fans infiltrating our forums with questions and information. The buzz is strong with them.
Spoken like a true Jedi.
Thanks for the correction, I guess I just had a hard time following along with her delivery. I got the Marketing jokes....ha, good one Bob! Too bad they stuttered across the opening information. Even with Bob's correction Oct 1 and any time after didn't give us much more than we already new, I don't think anyone thought it was going to open in September.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Spoken like a true Jedi.
Thanks for the correction, I guess I just had a hard time following along with her delivery. I got the Marketing jokes....ha, good one Bob! Too bad they stuttered across the opening information. Even with Bob's correction Oct 1 and any time after didn't give us much more than we already new, I don't think anyone thought it was going to open in September.

Well, the next time someone asks if it will be open for their Sep 20th vacation, we can tell them Bob Iger says 'no.'

Goofyernmost

Sorry, not really the same. Disney keeps things under the height that requires having lights on the structure. While it doesn't make sense to have flashing lights on top of the castle. You could go higher in galaxys edge because it's a space port, so it makes sense if there are lights. Actually I would expect them. So comparing it to the water in the toilets is a bit unfair. You might not care, and that's ok too.
Having a humor cramp today? That was a facetious comparison. What it was about was the irrelevance of the concern to begin with. It is not going to improve or lower quality if they have lights or they don't. I might have missed that part where anyone was talking about elevation concerning lights. I don't see anything that is going to be higher then either the MK Castle or even SSE. If it is... cool and like you said it would be fine and in line with the land. You were also right they I don't care which is what promoted my post to begin with. One thing that Disney has a lot of experience with is making things look bigger then they actually are. Nothing stops them from putting light on it even if it is shorter, but, I don't think they want that difficult maintenance situation.

erasure fan1

Having a humor cramp today? That was a facetious comparison. What it was about was the irrelevance of the concern to begin with. It is not going to improve or lower quality if they have lights or they don't. I might have missed that part where anyone was talking about elevation concerning lights. I don't see anything that is going to be higher then either the MK Castle or even SSE. If it is... cool and like you said it would be fine and in line with the land. You were also right they I don't care which is what promoted my post to begin with. One thing that Disney has a lot of experience with is making things look bigger then they actually are. Nothing stops them from putting light on it even if it is shorter, but, I don't think they want that difficult maintenance situation.
I know it was facetious. But you made that comparison to belittle the question. My point was, it's fine you don't care or think it really doesn't matter. But to others it might be interesting to know. What you feel is "irrelevance" others might feel differently. Your post came off as very dismissive of the poster asking the question, that was the problem.

Goofyernmost

I know it was facetious. But you made that comparison to belittle the question. My point was, it's fine you don't care or think it really doesn't matter. But to others it might be interesting to know. What you feel is "irrelevance" others might feel differently. Your post came off as very dismissive of the poster asking the question, that was the problem.
I'll be honest, it was intended. It is so tiring to see the foolishness that is generated by these boards and the degree that people feel the need to know every little detail before it becomes a public experience. Yes, I know it's my opinion and my opinion isn't that of everyone, but, once in awhile it just gets to me. I am not going to apologize because I want the discussions to stay relevant. Just because someone wants to know some random thing does not make it relevant. Maybe if that poster had said why they wanted to know it would be easier to understand. Without knowing the reason it just becomes a ???????

sedati

Do we know how tall the highest point in the land will be?

NormC

I'll be honest, it was intended. It is so tiring to see the foolishness that is generated by these boards and the degree that people feel the need to know every little detail before it becomes a public experience.
And it is real tiring when you belittle everyone else's opinions on those topics and then write paragraphs about why you think it isn't important or why it shouldn't matter to us. Some of us like these details and they do matter to us which is why we discuss them. Sorry if it bothers you. Just move on.

Yes, I know it's my opinion and my opinion isn't that of everyone, but, once in awhile it just gets to me. I am not going to apologize because I want the discussions to stay relevant. Just because someone wants to know some random thing does not make it relevant. Maybe if that poster had said why they wanted to know it would be easier to understand. Without knowing the reason it just becomes a ???????
The height of the Star Wars rock work is certainly relevant to the topic of this thread. It is not your job to monitor the threads for what you deem irrelevant. We are not on your lawn.

Last edited:

Marc Davis Fan

The SWGE entrance queue might have a backstage overflow area, which would make a lot of sense.

While watching the DSNY Newscast today, I was reminded of this backstage gate near the Grand Avenue entrance to SWGE:

...so then I checked out the Google Earth images of the area behind that gate:

With some "box shrubs" and "temporary tent" coverings, they could have of a lot switchback space there. They could even have a stage with entertainment and the like, as well as food and beverages, etc., for the people in that queue area.

Have our insiders heard anything pointing to this? Do our experts have thoughts on the feasibility?

britain

The SWGE entrance queue might have a backstage overflow area, which would make a lot of sense.

While watching the DSNY Newscast today, I was reminded of this backstage gate near the Grand Avenue entrance to SWGE:

View attachment 348338

View attachment 348339

With some "box shrubs" and "temporary tent" coverings, they could have of a lot switchback space there. They could even have a stage with entertainment and the like, as well as food and beverages, etc., for the people in that queue area.

Have our insiders heard anything pointing to this? Do our experts have thoughts on the feasibility?

Possibly, but I think they'll need to still maintain food supplies/waste truck access for Baseline Taphouse and SciFi diner through that alley.

They 'could' do it, but I think they'd prefer to just have the line snake further away throughout the the park.

alias8703

View attachment 348338

View attachment 348339

this is what DCA did for the Guardians Mission Breakout opening months.

Zaid

Hi guys I’m new to this forum but I was following for few days.

Are there any rumors/insiders info about the highest vantage point available for visitors? The reason I’m asking is if the visitors will be able to see the millennium falcon from above but without being able to see structures outside the SWGE so that the immersion remains intact.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom