News Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge - Historical Construction/Impressions

mickEblu

I'm pretty sure the Forbidden Eye poster was hand drawn. Though, yes, Struzan recently moved to experimenting with Photoshop.

That’s hand drawn? Looks computer generated to me. I get lost when it comes to tech vernacular but I’m hoping for something more like the posters from the 50s/ 60s

sedati

New video from Yensid!

As I stated in my original post, I believe the shuttle is built over the cylinder itself, and we won’t have to slide into it as shown in Yensid’s video. This seemed further validated by the model of the shuttle that was shown and the odd shape that its left side has.

lifeisgoodboy

Like the new patch we created for my site?

View attachment 345016

The pictures of the buildings in my my avatar look like same but are backwards in your patch.
Here is my avatar picture:
image.png

Last edited:

nevol

The rock arch they point out looks perfectly round and surrounded by charred earth. Perhaps its a crash landing into Batuu or the result of an attack on black spire outpost. This would be a really cool way to incorporate the landscape into the storytelling and plot, either by building in historicity, nods to past wars, or to create tension in thepresent tense, as the crash landing/attack site is right over black spir outpost on the side of the land that has been infiltrated by the first order and where we expect some of the stunt show action to take place.

and @10:20 I always envisioned that in a similar way, but without the complications of ride vehicles having to move on and off the track. I always imagined more of a carousel, where gusts are loading onto the center subdivided circle floor, and the entire floor carrying the rooms built on top of them adding up to be the multiples of the ship's enterior rotate together. Ride vehicle on the scale of the scene of a dark ride, not unlike the stretching room in the haunted mansion. A reverse carousel theater. the inside moves, (all guests on platforms that spin inside the show), the outside of the cylinder doesn't.

Phroobar

Wasn't there a scene in the book Thrawn: Alliance were Padme or her handmaiden crashes her ship near Batuu? It could be something Anakin blew up. Can't remember.

HauntedMansionFLA

OPENING DAY HINT?!? - #SWGECA - According to the permit for the "Big Bird" (Falcon) attraction, the expiration date of the permit is June 18th, 2019. We had been informed of a possible media event the weekend of June 21-23rd.
Looks like it might be real! - THOUGHTS?!? #SWGalaxysEdge

Permit -> http://permits.anaheim.net/tm_bin/tmw_cmd.pl?tmw_cmd=statusviewcaseBLD&shl_caseno=BLD2016-05640
Hopefully there will be plenty of CM, AP and media days to work out the kinks. End of June would be a nice way to kick off the summer.

SSG

OPENING DAY HINT?!? - #SWGECA - According to the permit for the "Big Bird" (Falcon) attraction, the expiration date of the permit is June 18th, 2019. We had been informed of a possible media event the weekend of June 21-23rd.

Permit -> http://permits.anaheim.net/tm_bin/tmw_cmd.pl?tmw_cmd=statusviewcaseBLD&shl_caseno=BLD2016-05640
Well, all this means is permits are valid for one year after the issue date. There were permits issued for other aspects of GE in in September of 2018, but that doesn't mean the land will open when those permits expire in September of 2019. While the opening date is probably around June 18, the permit expiring around that time is just coincidence.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
As I stated in my original post, I believe the shuttle is built over the cylinder itself, and we won’t have to slide into it as shown in Yensid’s video. This seemed further validated by the model of the shuttle that was shown and the odd shape that its left side has.

You are very correct. Here is the proof.

Galaxy's Edge Model:
IMG_4005-700x525.jpg

Image taken from Google Earth:

1.jpg

You can see the entrance to the ship and the part of the "circle" that is lower than the other. I believe the ship frame will be built over the lower section. Here is the image superimposed:

2.jpg

Ismael Flores

To get your bearings on where that arch in the post above is, this is the location from the Rogue Aviation footage taken a few weeks back. To be clear, it's not the arch we've been seeing in Fresh Baked's videos on the RotR building that still shows exposed beams. Didn't want anyone to get their hopes up that it has been fixed yet.

View attachment 345065

speaking of the arch with the exposed beams, this past weekend i just realized that those beams are really vsisible while walking thru the Splash mountain country bear walkway. still think that if they are not going to add theming behind the arch then maybe even some paint would help.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

We've heard from another source about the press preview the weekend of Jun 21.

A big class of Passholder accounts' black-out dates begin the next weekend on the 28. I would think the in-between week would be for invited guests and the grand opening be the 28th.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
I wonder what the wood forms in that picture are for? In the model it doesn't look like there are any structures there.

Could it be some rock walls that are dificult to see in model pictures because of the tree growth?

Yeah, probably a retaining wall that will keep guests from being able to see the ship and that part of the queue from the southern side. Since Rogue Aviation was more interested in the Falcon, they never zoom in on the area in question. This is the best we got:

rogue.jpg

mickEblu

So I’m trying to find the “sweet spot” to visit SWL this summer, if there is one. Sweet spot is probably the wrong way to put it. When will be the least insane time to go? I was thinking early to mid August before the Deluxe and lower APs are unblocked but after the first month of craziness and high tourist season (July). Any thoughts?

SSG

So I’m trying to find the “sweet spot” to visit SWL this summer, if there is one. Sweet spot is probably the wrong way to put it. When will be the least insane time to go? I was thinking early to mid August before the Deluxe and lower APs are unblocked but after the first month of craziness and high tourist season (July). Any thoughts?

tenor.gif

Phroobar

I think you got to dedicate the day to SWL. You can't play WDW tourist commando and expect to see SWL and Disney/DCA all during the same trip. Just pretend SWL is a park all to itself and prepare to hang out.

Of course, you could always take the attitude that it's all about you and line jump like most AP holders do. Screw the other 50k of people in line a head of you. Your "you" and you want what you want and that is all that matters. That is the way they would do it at Shanghai Disneyland.

Touchdown

I just scheduled a trip the week after the 4th. Here’s how I’m going to beat the crowds:
-They’re all going to be tourists, I’m smarter then them, and know how to work MaxPass
-I bit the bullet and staying onsite, EMH should help me quite a bit, I plan on rope dropping one of the attractions, fast passing the other and then returning again after the second fantasmic. I’ll also spend the afternoon sleeping by the pool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom