Mobile App crashing

Clarabellabou44

Original Poster
Hi,
I don’t know if anyone can help. My Disney experience App keeps crashing. It seems to be as it’s trying to load and update my account details. I have deleted and reinstalled the app. I am using an iPhone 7 with IOS 12.1.2. Anyone else having this problem and know how to fix it?

ToTBellHop

Hi,
I don’t know if anyone can help. My Disney experience App keeps crashing. It seems to be as it’s trying to load and update my account details. I have deleted and reinstalled the app. I am using an iPhone 7 with IOS 12.1.2. Anyone else having this problem and know how to fix it?
Kept happening for me. I bought a new phone and now it works. My old phone was 2-years old, which is ancient for an iPhone.

Trackmaster

It seems like its partially Disney's fault and partially your fault. I was using an older iPhone, and it got to the point that I couldn't even open the app at all as the phone as getting on its last legs. I have a brand new iPhone now, and while the app more or less works now, its still pretty slow. With my old phone, even when it took a turn for the worst, the app would still crash 95% of the time before anything productive happened.

So unless you have a new phone in mint condition, you're better off making your plans in a real computer/laptop, screenshotting what you need to for the park, and using the kiosks for any changes to your plans inside the park. You can also download up to date maps on 3rd party sites, email them to yourself, download them to your phone, and have them for your in-park use offline.

Unfortunately, MDE is a poorly written app. I would (as a developer) be embarrassed to be on the team for MDE. I'd be embarrassed that someone would consider it a shippable app in the state that it is right now. It's not just you, and unfortunately, I've noticed that as time goes on, while most apps get better in terms of loading quicker, crashing less, and adding more features, MDE has the added features part down but does the reverse everywhere else in the past couple years.

I'm glad that we now have stuff like bus arrival times to the resorts, and mobile app ordering for some restaurants, and other stuff like that, but it's become such a terrible app that adding these features is basically pointless.

Trackmaster

I think that if Disney isn't willing to invest in the app, the next best thing would be to both put kiosks in front of every ride in the parks (instead of just a few locations that are arbitrary in the park) and in the lobby of the hotels, and upgrade the kiosks so that they can do everything that the app can do.

Ayden

I have a Samsung running on android and the app can't even open. It crashes before it gets a chance to open. No reply from the tech department yet

Trackmaster

I have a Samsung running on android and the app can't even open. It crashes before it gets a chance to open. No reply from the tech department yet

Well, I had an iPhone that was on its last legs before and it would never work. I just got a newer iPhone and it works pretty well now (but not perfectly). So it does seem like the wear and tear of your phone will affect the ability to use the app.

Ayden

Well, I had an iPhone that was on its last legs before and it would never work. I just got a newer iPhone and it works pretty well now (but not perfectly). So it does seem like the wear and tear of your phone will affect the ability to use the app.
I don't think that's my issue, my phone isn't a year old 😬

JohnD

I have an iPhone 6sPlus. I've noticed that when I first load the app, it just "hangs" and never completely loads. I close the app then re-open it then my data loads. Go figure.

oneeyedhobo

Have you tried deleting the app and cache files?
Settings> General> iPhone Storage> select this application> Delete> confirm deletion
If this does not work, I suggest you contact Disney. In addition, I heard those iOS system problems can also cause this situation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom