The Downtown Disney Thread

SSG

Crikey, look at those prices. I read that the food is roughly 2x any other Ballast Point. A burger and a 16 oz beer will only set you back $34. There’s absolutely no way we will ever dine there.
Please do not interpret this as defending the prices, but anywhere in DCA or DTD you will pay between 9 to 12 bucks for a pint. The food prices are also right in line with other places in DTD. This is just what things cost at Disney.

drizgirl

Please do not interpret this as defending the prices, but anywhere in DCA or DTD you will pay between 9 to 12 bucks for a pint. The food prices are also right in line with other places in DTD. This is just what things cost at Disney.
Which is why comparing it to prices in DTD isn't really valid. It's all overinflated Disney pricing.

Stevek

You're probably right. If we eat at DTD it's ususally at Naples or Tortilla Joe's so we typically share. Just felt higher for some reason though I had a very similar reaction to the Splitsville prices...which we have chosen not to visit as well.

TP2000

Ballast Point walkthrough from the site that must not be named:

I just watched this on my phone and I have to say that I'm... underwhelmed. It's not helping that it was raining on opening night, they had the usual opening night jumbles, the videography was off a bit, and again I watched it on my phone instead of a regular big screen. But it just kind of looked a bit bland and not very memorable.

I'll need to watch this on a bigger screen when I get home, or find a better video, or check it out in person soon. But I'm kind of underwhelmed by this new DTD offering.

Curious Constance

I just watched this on my phone and I have to say that I'm... underwhelmed. It's not helping that it was raining on opening night, they had the usual opening night jumbles, the videography was off a bit, and again I watched it on my phone instead of a regular big screen. But it just kind of looked a bit bland and not very memorable.

I'll need to watch this on a bigger screen when I get home, or find a better video, or check it out in person soon. But I'm kind of underwhelmed by this new DTD offering.

The timeline going up the stairs sure is plain, isn't it? I have very little interest in their timeline, so if they want me to read that, they at least should show some pizzazz!

Curious Constance

I don't know how a brewery could have an interesting timeline.

2006: Made Beer
2007: Made Beer
2009: 2nd Brewery; Made Beer
2011: Still Beer

Which is odd that they chose to add a timeline at all. If they're going to force that dull read on everyone, they could at least make it visually interesting to look at.

You could go from:

2006: Made Beer

to:

:cool::);)*******2006: Made Beer!!!!!******* :cool::);)

Phroobar

I seriously doubt they really do brewing on site. That is just window decorations. Like we are suppose to believe that every BJs brews beer too.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
They don't? All of my illusions are shattering right now.

Right?? Next thing they'll tell us is that there is no Santa Claus.

santa-beer-260nw-209018557.jpg

NobodyElse

I seriously doubt they really do brewing on site. That is just window decorations. Like we are suppose to believe that every BJs brews beer too.

I believe they will do some brewing there.

BJ's used to brew at several locations, but have since then consolidated.

Phroobar

From Touring Plans: "Their on-site three-barrel brewing system is ideal for creating limited-edition brews which will be exclusive to Downtown Disney,"

So, small batch stuff will be brewed on-site it sounds like.
Do you really want to drink stuff brewed by an 18 year old cast member that can't legally drink the stuff himself?

01.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom