Star Wars Land Opening Dates

Bulldog1653

Original Poster
Hello all,

Please forgive me if this is a repeat post requesting information. My family and I are planning on a trip to Florida in September (19-29th) and we're hoping to be there when it's open.
In addition, has anybody heard any kind of information about the 501st Legion being a part of the ceremonies? Any help is greatly appreciated.

DisFanMark

Even more likely is early to mid-November.

As Disney now has their own CMs portraying SW characters, the 501st wouldn't likely be officially involved. But there would likely be many members there in costume, if allowed, unofficially.

Homer fan

I would not count on the parks being "relatively empty" until we have our next recession.
Ya, I guess I was hoping everyone would hold out til SWGE opening is announced (was thinking December). But if people are saying October now, that means it will most likely be open mid-November, meaning the place is going to be insane! 😥

JIMINYCR

this is good news for you just stay away from Hollywood Studios. The rest of the parks should be OK.
That doesnt mean the other parks will be relatively empty. That hasnt really lowered crowds when other big attractions have opened. Guests move on to other parks when theyve experienced the "One that drew them in". The other 3 will still be attracting guests.

MrHappy

Is this for real? We purposely booked mid-November hoping it wouldn't be open yet so the parks would be relatively empty 😐
I'm in the same boat as you. Hoping for an opening of December. There's been some logic floating around here that Dec 1st makes the most sense. However with @marni1971 calling a mid-November opening "likely" that makes me very nervous. I don't know why Disney would open this a week or two before Thanksgiving though, doesn't make sense.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I'm in the same boat as you. Hoping for an opening of December. There's been some logic floating around here that Dec 1st makes the most sense. However with @marni1971 calling a mid-November opening "likely" that makes me very nervous. I don't know why Disney would open this a week or two before Thanksgiving though, doesn't make sense.
I think when it opens will be largely irrelevant. It will be a full blown 9 alarm fire in terms of attendance regardless if they open it Christmas week or the first week of February.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
No, not mid November. I’d be surprised if it wasn’t open by then.

Still educated guessing at this time.

justintheharris

Hello all,

Please forgive me if this is a repeat post requesting information. My family and I are planning on a trip to Florida in September (19-29th) and we're hoping to be there when it's open.
In addition, has anybody heard any kind of information about the 501st Legion being a part of the ceremonies? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Maybe Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway will be open by then at least? @marni1971 Any word on that?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom