Third parking garage coming to Disney Springs

jt04

Hmm. But now you get stuck on I4 and get to garages that are full. And even worse have to park so far away its not even worth it

Maybe the will add another garage. Oh wait, they are.

And the cool thing is no garage space is that far away. Funny how that works.

peter11435

Hmm. But now you get stuck on I4 and get to garages that are full. And even worse have to park so far away its not even worth it
It impacts I4 on only a handful of days a year. There should be no expectation that visiting would be easy on New Year’s Eve. Clearly you never tried to park near the marketplace anytime on a weekend or a holiday. I visit Disney springs several times per month and have successfully parked in the garage every single time. Between the three garages and the surface lots there is absolutely no reason to park so far away from your Destination to make it not worth it. In fact due to the increased amount of parking overall and the increased concentration of parking it is far more likely that you can park closer to your destination with far less hassle. Not to mention if you park in the garage you won’t come back to a car that’s 110° inside

disney4life2008

It impacts I4 on only a handful of days a year. There should be no expectation that visiting would be easy on New Year’s Eve. Clearly you never tried to park near the marketplace anytime on a weekend or a holiday. I visit Disney springs several times per month and have successfully parked in the garage every single time. Between the three garages and the surface lots there is absolutely no reason to park so far away from your Destination to make it not worth it. In fact due to the increased amount of parking overall and the increased concentration of parking it is far more likely that you can park closer to your destination with far less hassle. Not to mention if you park in the garage you won’t come back to a car that’s 110° inside

Im heading over there now lol.

World_Showcase_Lover007

We’ve more or less cut out DS from our trips. I can’t stand the garages: they make the area look like an industrial zone, constant flow of slow moving cars waiting to inch forward to get from level to level in garages, constantly waiting for elevators (but don’t go down to the ground floor bc curiously that is not how you exit into DS) and having to navigate the narrow lanes & corners in the garages make it more stressful than it has to be.

The surface lots were just much easier to deal with. Add on top of this the traffic in the Hotel Plaza Blvd. area along with the non-Disney owned/themed restaurants and shops, and little incentive is left for me to go. Most of these points may not matter at all to other guests but they drive me crazy.

jt04

We’ve more or less cut out DS from our trips. I can’t stand the garages: they make the area look like an industrial zone, constant flow of slow moving cars waiting to inch forward to get from level to level in garages, constantly waiting for elevators (but don’t go down to the ground floor bc curiously that is not how you exit into DS) and having to navigate the narrow lanes & corners in the garages make it more stressful than it has to be.

The surface lots were just much easier to deal with. Add on top of this the traffic in the Hotel Plaza Blvd. area along with the non-Disney owned/themed restaurants and shops, and little incentive is left for me to go. Most of these points may not matter at all to other guests but they drive me crazy.

They waited a bit too long to add the third garage and that caught up with them this holiday season. I'm not sure they will make that mistake again. When there are sufficient spaces the experience is much better for patrons. Especially since the automated system is so helpful.

Disone

They waited a bit too long to add the third garage and that caught up with them this holiday season. I'm not sure they will make that mistake again. When there are sufficient spaces the experience is much better for patrons. Especially since the automated system is so helpful.
Agree with JT. They needed that third garage just before the holidays not right after the holidays. Interesting perspective from WSL007. The reason why you do not enter from the first floor is to limit persestrian traffic crossing vehicular traffic as there is a service road between the garage (lime and Orange) and the entertainment complex.

It makes me wonder if he has only used Lime because orange is remarkably well designed. Flows in and out (with exception of this holiday time of Christmas to New Years where it legit was full) and does not have any tighter a turn then a surface lot would have. But even this week I have never seen lines for the elevators. But again i can't speak to Lime garage as I never park there simply because while I do not agree with WSL007 in regard to both garages, I do share these feelings specific to Lime. Its tight and traffic crawls.

Still few would have more experiencd then myself with DTD vs. Disney Springs. Heck I have been going and living here since it was just the Disney Village Marketplace and Pleasure Island. In regard to DTD vs Springs, parking at Springs is much much easier.

So while I do not agree with WSL007's "industrial" assessment of the garages, I do have one of my best friends who also just does not like the parking garages . He just parks in the surface lots so remember that is still an option.

shernernum

Actually, if the argument is that parking was much easier and less of a hassle when it was just the (much smaller...especially near the Marketplace) surface lots, then the argument against DS being a hit was contradicted by the argument about ease of parking. If the garages are difficult to navigate and find parking in (which can only happen when there is a tremendous number of cars) and the traffic at DS is causing traffic jams out to I-4, then DS must be a hit, because it is drawing a substantially larger number of cars than it ever has in the the past.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom