News Buzzy’s been stolen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

s8film40

He’s already said why he can’t just come out and say what exactly happened. He’s given us enough information to rule out several possibilities.
Again I never asked for details, only a simple yes, no or I don't know. I'm satisfied his answer points to yes. There's no need to be vague about it, but it is what it is and if we can all agree that's what his intention is then I think we can let it rest at that.

WDW862

Again I never asked for details, only a simple yes, no or I don't know. I'm satisfied his answer points to yes. There's no need to be vague about it, but it is what it is and if we can all agree that's what his intention is then I think we can let it rest at that.

It's an ongoing criminal investigation. Martin doesn't want to burn bridges by releasing sensitive information too early. It's pretty obvious.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Martin can't win here. Everybody clamoring for the facts fails to realize that he's not going to jeopardize the connections and relationships he has; and risk being ostracized from that group. --- All so a Disney Fan Forum can be "in the know".

Plus the revealing of possible "sensitive" information about an on-going investigation isn't really going to get him in anybody's good graces.

I'm sure he doesn't know everything that is going on about this - But I'd bet he knows enough. And he's right not to share it - at this stage.

MickeyMinnieMom

Since everyone knows Disney is probably stalking this thread, I just feel the need to embolden this, not that it matters
Yes... because if I'm Disney this is how I make decisions...

To @halltd's point earlier, I'm not sure this thread puts many of the Epcot purists in amazing light... if anything, this thread would give Disney LESS motivation to ever react to anything said by this group. (lest anyone misconstrue, I am NOT including Martin in this, obviously)

Goofyernmost

People just want to know what happened to it, that’s all. Nobody is expecting an epic shootout to happen or anything. If you find this so boring I’m not sure why you’re posting in this thread other than to stir the pot.
Yea, I know an opposing viewpoint is hard to accept. Oh, well! BTW, you aren't taking this sudden loss of a pile of nuts, bolts, metal rods and molded plastic personal are you? They could build another if they wanted. It's only an engineered drawing away from a second coming. I'm not even sure what pot I might be stirring.

brb1006

The fact that anyone would call into question the credibility of @marni1971 is almost worse than the theft itself.

@marni1971 has done more for this fan community than any other fan.

If everyone continues to bash him he could end up leaving like General Grizz and the legends of yore (If anyone even remembers who Grizz was... He was truly great).

The fan community and this site would be poorer for it.
Who's Grizz?

brb1006

He was a very passionate member of these boards around 15 years ago.
It's a miracle you are one of the very few members left on this site that are this informative with WDW and behind the scenes info along with @Magic Feather and @WDW1974 aka Spirit (Who's been very silent this year). Let alone sticking around this site for over 10 years. But I really miss Spirit's posts since he gave some very interesting posts about Disney and the parks itself.

Goofyernmost

I'd been operating under that theory until marni somewhat shot that down. My guess now is this is an active investigation which is why he is being so vague.

And I completely disagree with you. If someone was able to break in and steal heavy AAs, that is not boring in the least.
That's not what I said. I said that when and if the full story comes out, that is what I think will be anticlimactic and boring. No one killed anyone, they still haven't even admitted publicly that they are investigation the theft of an AA, only the clothing. I'm sure some oddity happened, but, it really is hard to care about from an emotional point of view for me. Others mileage may vary, but, I still think that I am entitled to my opinion about it. Why does everyone get upset when I place it in a different light. You don't have to believe my opinion, just let it go.

Bottom line is that I don't really care if Buzzy is missing or not. He has been out of public sight for years now. I don't care about the breach of security, because it has been obvious that Disney has not cared enough about that AA to either remove it from the building and archive it or pay for additional security to make sure no one goes in that area that isn't supposed to be there. How many times has this shown up on You Tube by different people. Disney doesn't care, why should we?

My95cobras

Officers definitely will engage in online conversations, I would suspect in this situation they’re definitely monitoring this thread, they would be crazy not to.

I’m just waiting for this to go to court and have them enter this discussion as some sort of evidence for some reason so it can all be read out to a courtroom, haha!

Yes, for terrorism and crimes against children and murder. Not for this. There is nothing they can learn from this that they don’t already know. Just a bunch of cackling mopes that don’t know anything. Again, csi isn’t isnt real life.

While this is a great site, to think that the police are monitoring this.... you’re not that important bro.

And... this would get suppressed immediately since they won’t subpoena all of us to verify what we wrote.

s8film40

Yes, for terrorism and crimes against children and murder. Not for this. There is nothing they can learn from this that they don’t already know. Just a bunch of cackling mopes that don’t know anything. Again, csi isn’t isnt real life.

While this is a great site, to think that the police are monitoring this.... you’re not that important bro.

And... this would get suppressed immediately since they won’t subpoena all of us to verify what we wrote.
The possibility exists that the person who did this could post here or talk to someone who posts here. So by monitoring I don’t mean to say they’re obsessively checking this site, but assuming they’re taking investigating this seriously they would be negligent not to take at least a glance at all of this on the off chance someone shared something they shouldn’t. Criminals can be stupid you know.

As to the other part I hope you realize I was just joking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom