News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@marni1971 says the utiludors are mostly above grade. You say they are below grade.
To clarify; they’re partly above real ground level. Obviously they’re below the park level in that area. The park level slopes up from SSEs southern legs to the entrance / exit for the postshow. I’ve not measured it accurately but looking st the original elevation plans it’s around a 4-5 ft difference in height.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I yearn for the days when we used to be able to call the seas building ugly compared to the rest of FW

All people need to do is look at buildings like the Land... think about what you know the land to look like... the look at the aerial and realize how much they fool you in the park by controlling sightlines and elevations.

And UOE’s exposed location to outside the park... well maybe that should have disqualified it as a sound location. Tho the seas has similar exposure challenges.

lazyboy97o

@marni1971 says the utiludors are mostly above grade. You say they are below grade.
Grade is not really the best point of reference as it is something that is changed. Even over at the Magic Kingdom, the utilidors are now [mostly] below grade. Conditions regarding soil and water are site specific. Even then, the utilidor systems are not the only park basements in Central Florida. It’s possible to build in wet muck.

Last edited:

EricsBiscuit

From today.
IMG_6860.JPG
IMG_6861.JPG
IMG_6862.JPG
IMG_6864.JPG

mimitchi33

GlacierGlacier

Those signs look cool! But I hope this new coaster isn't bad as Mission Breakout. I had never rode on the Tower of Terror before, but saw a video of the Guardians redo and it looked cool...but when I did it in person, I was freaked out by how high the drops were (because I had similar nightmares of my bed dropping like that).
Mission Breakout is not a bad ride because you didn't enjoy it.

I will never ride that ride again myself, but I thoroughly thought it was a fun, well-put together and well-themed attraction. There's a demographic of thrill-seekers looking for drops. I'm not part of that demographic. But that most definitely doesn't make it a bad ride.

solidyne

Mission Breakout is not a bad ride because you didn't enjoy it.

I will never ride that ride again myself, but I thoroughly thought it was a fun, well-put together and well-themed attraction. There's a demographic of thrill-seekers looking for drops. I'm not part of that demographic. But that most definitely doesn't make it a bad ride.
I think @mimitchi33 meant "bad" as in intense or thrilling, not "bad" as in poor quality.

justintheharris

Those signs look cool! But I hope this new coaster isn't bad as Mission Breakout. I had never rode on the Tower of Terror before, but saw a video of the Guardians redo and it looked cool...but when I did it in person, I was freaked out by how high the drops were (because I had similar nightmares of my bed dropping like that).
People in Disneyland also like the technology of Mission Breakout. A little off topic but I'm very interested in the opening of Galaxy's Edge because, as of now, Guardians of the Galaxy may be the most technologically advanced ride they've ever had. And in six months, they're getting something ABOVE Flight of Passage in level of technology. Disneylanders heads are probably gonna be spinning from... tech shock? I'm sure they'll be ecstatic though.

Brainleech419

People in Disneyland also like the technology of Mission Breakout. A little off topic but I'm very interested in the opening of Galaxy's Edge because, as of now, Guardians of the Galaxy may be the most technologically advanced ride they've ever had. And in six months, they're getting something ABOVE Flight of Passage in level of technology. Disneylanders heads are probably gonna be spinning from... tech shock? I'm sure they'll be ecstatic though.
in the next two years and half, wdw is getting one high tech simulator, 2 fancy roller coasters, and 3 LPS. I think our heads are also going to be spinning from the tech shock as well.

trainplane3

Sealants are used with insulated metal panels to keep water out, they should not wash away with water. They are also supposed to be continuous and uniform.
I was thinking if it was excess and uh... squeezed(?) out when pressing the panels together that it would wash away. Meanwhile the sealant actually in between the panels stayed in place.

But ya, I'd say you're right.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom