News PHOTO - Guest Experience Teams deployed throughout Magic Kingdom to help with peak crowds

Missing20K

How so?

"Increased staffing to accommodate large crowds" seems pretty normal to me.
Accommodate? Are they suddenly increasing capacity with this new development?

They are adding CM's to help people who can't navigate the convoluted MDE app and 60 day FP+ and 180+10 day ADR, and help redistribute guests to less attended attractions and dining. They know they have a capacity problem they have not addressed for years and because of that they realize they are going to have irate customers Guests who don't get to do what they thought they would because of increased crowds.

But of course those folks deserve it for not doing their "homework" and deciding they wanted to ride Dumbo 6 months ago.

The Art of Explanation

KBLovedDisney

Samsung sponsorship of SGE replacement confirmed! :hilarious:
Samsung is more powerful than we all realized.:eek:
giphy.gif

ToTBellHop

Accommodate? Are they suddenly increasing capacity with this new development?

They are adding CM's to help people who can't navigate the convoluted MDE app and 60 day FP+ and 180+10 day ADR, and help redistribute guests to less attended attractions and dining. They know they have a capacity problem they have not addressed for years and because of that they realize they are going to have irate customers Guests who don't get to do what they thought they would because of increased crowds.

But of course those folks deserve it for not doing their "homework" and deciding they wanted to ride Dumbo 6 months ago.

The Art of Explanation
While there is a capacity issue, Christmas week has ALWAYS been packed. Directing guests to CBJ is better than them wandering in the walkways. Busy weeks also have an increase in the absolute number of clueless guests who struggle to use MDE and, when they do, accept that only PhilharMagic has any FPs remaining. And where are the $7 pretzels?!

KBLovedDisney

No, it's actually a good idea.

And surprising that it isn't an upcharge.
Walk up to one of those CMs and ask if they can help you out:

"Sure thing! That will just be $15 and if you want extra help with a fastpass included, that will be $35!"

That would be terrible.

I will predicate the cast member script:

Cast Member: How may I help you?

Guest: I would like a mine train fast pass for my family of 4 please.

Cast Member: Sorry the Mine Train has distributed all fast passes for today. Let me check the My Disney App for you and see whats available for your family. Ok, your in luck Mickey's Philharmagic has an availability.

Guest: I waited in line for this?

Cast Member: Here is a tip, next time download My Disney Experience on your smart device, wake up at midnight 60 days prior to your arrival to pick your 3 selections for one park. Have a magical day., NEXT!

Missing20K

While there is a capacity issue, Christmas week has ALWAYS been packed. Directing guests to CBJ is better than them wandering in the walkways. Busy weeks also have an increase in the absolute number of clueless guests who struggle to use MDE and, when they do, accept that only PhilharMagic has any FPs remaining. And where are the $7 pretzels?!
True, it always has been. But this is the first time I'm aware of them adding CM's explicitly to help with the issue.

And the clueless guests will always be there, are a significant source of revenue, and shouldn't be treated like second class citizens simply because they don't have as much awareness about how to navigate the app, the website, or the parks in general. A trip to WDW has become increasingly more confusing from planning to execution, and I'm of the opinion that this reflects Disney's knowledge of that.

I agree it's better to help those guests than not. Hopefully (and judging by them doing this), Disney execs see this as an issue going forward, have solutions (i.e., build more attractions) to remedy it, and we won't see these Guest Experience CM's in the future.

Mostly, my point was in regards to how confusing vacationing at WDW has become, so much so, that Disney has employed CM's to help mitigate the confusion for guests.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I will predicate the cast member script:

Cast Member: How may I help you?

Guest: I would like a mine train fast pass for my family of 4 please.

Cast Member: Sorry the Mine Train has distributed all fast passes for today. Let me check the My Disney App for you and see whats available for your family. Ok, your in luck Mickey's Philharmagic has an availability.

Guest: I waited in line for this?

Cast Member: Here is a tip, next time download My Disney Experience on your smart device, wake up at midnight 60 days prior to your arrival to pick your 3 selections for one park. Have a magical day., NEXT!
As it should be if people really don't know these things.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom