News PHOTO - Guest Experience Teams deployed throughout Magic Kingdom to help with peak crowds

KBLovedDisney

Crazy thought, but maybe if they give Cast Members character labels, kind of like make them the Power Rangers of Disney World.
Each Cast Member will be shrouded in a colorful uniform and their color would represent what they could help a guest out with specifically: Green would be FastPasses, Blue would be Online Food Orders, etc. Have each set group of "power ranger" CMs ready in each park (and land) ready to go to assist guest. That way the guest in need of something specific like a FastPass would go straight to the Green guy.

Eh, why not.

Now we just need to come up with a catchy name for the group.:geek:

DisneyJoe

Mostly, my point was in regards to how confusing vacationing at WDW has become, so much so, that Disney has employed CM's to help mitigate the confusion for guests.
As well as the thousands of travel agents who specialize in Disney that help in the many months prior to the trip....

aladdin2007

Its all become much too complicated and complex, remember when Disney use to be fun to go to and enjoy leisurely without all this geeky tech stuff? Its now a constant rush, hurry or get plowed down, have everything reserved on your tracked band or out of luck, they dont want you sitting etc....the park is beyond maxed out for its size (holidays or not) and they have done nothing about it. Shuttered attractions like stitch are not helping with no (known anyway) replacement in sight. TDO at its best.

Calmdownnow

I think some of the more cynical comments on this thread come from experienced guests who realize that in reality the cast members tasked with delivering this customer service will not be able to resolve the basic problems some inexperienced guests have at times of high crowd levels -- if the good fast passes are gone, they are gone; if all the dining reservations are gone then they are gone; if QS food queues are taking 40 minutes to reach the collection point, then ME ordering with the help of a cast member is not going to seriously reduce your wait time. The cast members may be able to sugar coat the pill with smiles and goodwill, but they are still going to be on the receiving end of some guest anger when those guests realize that the cms can't get them a better experience.

In respect of the comment that implies guests who don't plan deserve their poor experience, I would just say that there are some hard working families out there where both parents put in long employment hours and then try to dedicate time to their children in their non-working hours, or just catch up on the household maintenance, cleaning, laundry and caring for older relatives, that is part of everyday living for families. These people do not have the spare time to dedicate to researching and planning strategies for their WDW visit. You may consider them naive to invest so much of their hard-earned income in a Christmas WDW vacation when they don't realize the pre-planning involved, but from the opposite side of the lens, perhaps is is Disney who is expecting so much of these guests during an era in which many families are "time poor", ie their daily living time pressures are getting tougher and tougher.

Obobru

Just wait until someone from senior management sees these people being a cost but not generating revenue, expect by next week for them to be selling either pins, popcorn or Mickey bars alongside dishing out info anyone can see on the app.

Dr. Falls

I think some of the more cynical comments on this thread come from experienced guests who realize that in reality the cast members tasked with delivering this customer service will not be able to resolve the basic problems some inexperienced guests have at times of high crowd levels -- if the good fast passes are gone, they are gone; if all the dining reservations are gone then they are gone; if QS food queues are taking 40 minutes to reach the collection point, then ME ordering with the help of a cast member is not going to seriously reduce your wait time. The cast members may be able to sugar coat the pill with smiles and goodwill, but they are still going to be on the receiving end of some guest anger when those guests realize that the cms can't get them a better experience.

In respect of the comment that implies guests who don't plan deserve their poor experience, I would just say that there are some hard working families out there where both parents put in long employment hours and then try to dedicate time to their children in their non-working hours, or just catch up on the household maintenance, cleaning, laundry and caring for older relatives, that is part of everyday living for families. These people do not have the spare time to dedicate to researching and planning strategies for their WDW visit. You may consider them naive to invest so much of their hard-earned income in a Christmas WDW vacation when they don't realize the pre-planning involved, but from the opposite side of the lens, perhaps is is Disney who is expecting so much of these guests during an era in which many families are "time poor", ie their daily living time pressures are getting tougher and tougher.

Very well said. There's a balance between guest planning and Disney service that has tipped out of control, and probably needs some some serious thought to reach resolution.

I haven't booked at a Disney resort in a while, since I'm an AP, but when you receive your reservation, does it invite you to book your Fastpasses or add a reminder to your calendar? Putting that information in as visible and potentially annoyingly repetitive format as possible might improve some park-side experiences.

TrojanUSC

This is all a good idea but it seems to be a missed branding opportunity. If they really wanted to help, they'd put a big sign on the blue box these people are standing by "FASTPASS HELP." Alas, "Guest Experience Liaison" isn't going to do that much other than answer a lot of "where's the bathroom?" or "where can I get a churro?"

mikejs78

Premium Member
Very well said. There's a balance between guest planning and Disney service that has tipped out of control, and probably needs some some serious thought to reach resolution.

I haven't booked at a Disney resort in a while, since I'm an AP, but when you receive your reservation, does it invite you to book your Fastpasses or add a reminder to your calendar? Putting that information in as visible and potentially annoyingly repetitive format as possible might improve some park-side experiences.
It doesn't, although my 60 day FP selection was yesterday, and I did get an email the day before and day of reminding me to book my FPs with links.

DisneyCane

I don't know how anybody can have a good time during these peak periods. The "light" periods are bad enough with FP+ ruining everything and taking away spontaneity. It has to be miserable when you have to wait a ridiculous amount of time for all but 3 rides AND you can barely move through the hoards of people.

I wouldn't go during the peak days if Disney paid me.

dhslxop

I have to say that I really like this idea, and it's something we should have more of. As a frontline CM, it's heartbreaking to send a guest up to Guest Relations from the back of the park because they are having an account issue or people are linked together. I often don't have the resources/tools that Guest Relations or these CMs have, or, even when I am able to assist, I am likely in a position where I have to be screening for safety requirements, like checking heights, so it can be difficult to have a full conversation with a Guest.

Yes, this is also helpful for people looking for a restroom or other amenity, but I think this is also a really great tool for Guest and CMs to have more "local" support and assistance. I agree, some of the systems may have a bit of a learning curve associated with it for the "average" guest, and maybe it can be a bit too much for planning a trip to Disney, but having someone a few feet away who is able to immediately recover that situation (rather than sending them around the park) helps with the overall guest experience, imo.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom