working out for Disney

Songbird76

I'm having a love hate relationship with the holidays this year. Working around my ever eating home schooler and making a good portion of gifts is leaving me little time for much else.:joyfull::brb::inlove::banghead::bawling::):mad::happy: The abnormal cold and slick conditions are also keeping me inside:mad::bawling::cry::cold::coldfeet::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: Lots of time being spent with LS and Adrienne.
Sympathy like. On the up side.....if it wasn't slick, would you want to be outside in that cold?

Sans Souci

Hello-

I'm glad to see this thread has picked up again. :)

I was in WDW last week. It was a madhouse. I went the same time last year and it wasn't so crazy. The bathrooms were filthy--I think they are cutting back on labor--taps that weren't working, no soap in dispensers, no paper towels. Someone had diarrhea ON the toilet seat--there was no CM there to report it to. I also think they are overselling the Christmas parties. I'm not going in December anymore. I did have fun, I just had to recalibrate my expectations. I spent a lot of time at Disney Springs, because there was more elbow room there--and lots of live entertainment. I went to some new to me restaurants. I finally went to Yak and Yeti and Tiffins--I loved them both. I had this delicious miso cod at Yak and Yeti and had a vegetarian meal and white wine flight at Tiffins.

Yesterday was my birthday and I woke up at 3 AM violently ill with a stomach bug. I am better now, but I had muscle and joint pain with it, too. I think that might have been worse than the "stomach" part.

I brought my yoga mat with me and my friend did yoga with me in the mornings. I am going to send her some yoga YT channels. :)

I am not doing any yoga or walking today. I feel 85% better than I did yesterday, but I want to take it easy for one more day.

Sans Souci

Ok, the battery life on the Chargy McCharge-Face Fitzcracker SUCKS! I basically have to charge it every day, and I looked it up because that just didn't seem right. The article I found says the battery lasts UP TO 5 days, and that to save the battery, I should shut off all the features. So....basically, what you're telling me, is that I should just not use it, and then the battery will last? What kind of carp advice is that? It recommends turning of the feature for tracking heart rate, which was basically the reason I got the charge 2, plus the feature where it displays the time and such when I move my wrist into position like a watch. Um....if I wasn't going to look at the time, why would I be moving my wrist to that position? It takes the place of my watch, which I kind of need at work. And it also says to turn off notifications if I get a lot of messages, which I don't, and I have yet to see a notification when I do, so THAT can't be it. And finally, it said not to use the "2 minute relax" feature too often....multiple times a day will drain the battery. I have used the feature exactly twice in 4 days. So...apparently I'm supposed to save the battery by just not using the device.

My husband got me one for my birthday yesterday. I haven't set it up yet because I've been ill. I hate when they tout all of these features and then tell you to turn them off to optimize battery life. Either have the features or don't. My husband has one, though and I don't think he charges his daily. I'll ask him, but you could always reach out to Fitbit and see what they say. It might be you got one with an old battery.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello-

I was in WDW last week. It was a madhouse. I went the same time last year and it wasn't so crazy. The bathrooms were filthy--I think they are cutting back on labor--taps that weren't working, no soap in dispensers, no paper towels. Someone had diarrhea ON the toilet seat--there was no CM there to report it to. I also think they are overselling the Christmas parties. I'm not going in December anymore. I did have fun, I just had to recalibrate my expectations. I spent a lot of time at Disney Springs, because there was more elbow room there--and lots of live entertainment. I went to some new to me restaurants. I finally went to Yak and Yeti and Tiffins--I loved them both. I had this delicious miso cod at Yak and Yeti and had a vegetarian meal and white wine flight at Tiffins.

Yesterday was my birthday and I woke up at 3 AM violently ill with a stomach bug. I am better now, but I had muscle and joint pain with it, too. I think that might have been worse than the "stomach" part.

I brought my yoga mat with me and my friend did yoga with me in the mornings. I am going to send her some yoga YT channels. :)

I am not doing any yoga or walking today. I feel 85% better than I did yesterday, but I want to take it easy for one more day.
I'm sorry to hear all that, hope you're feeling up to 1544704382321.pnglater today

Songbird76

Hello-

Happy belated birthday!! Were you in WDW on your birthday? Are you sure it was a stomach bug and not food poisoning?
I'm glad you had fun, but I have heard that about them overselling the Christmas parties and cutting down on labor costs, etc. I also read that crowds were a lot larger than predicted, so maybe they were understaffed because they didn't expect so many people?

93boomer

Premium Member
Hello-

Hate that happening at Disney. End of Nov is a bit better than going in Dec, we find.
Sorry you were sick. Glad you are starting to feel better. GWS! Happy Birthday!!!!!🎂🎈

Sans Souci

Happy belated birthday!! Were you in WDW on your birthday? Are you sure it was a stomach bug and not food poisoning?
I'm glad you had fun, but I have heard that about them overselling the Christmas parties and cutting down on labor costs, etc. I also read that crowds were a lot larger than predicted, so maybe they were understaffed because they didn't expect so many people?

Thank you. No, I was home for my birthday. I hope it is food poisoning, only because I would hate for my son and my husband to have what I had. It is short-lived misery, but misery nonetheless. I did see vomit on the ground a few times last week and my friend saw some on the bathroom floor one time when she went to the ladies. It's that time of year and it was so crowded, I would be surprised if it wasn't norovirus. We were washing our hands after every ride and before each meal, but I guess that wasn't enough. I hope they increased staff this week, because I was absolutely shocked at how nasty the bathrooms I went in were last week. I'd never seen anything like that at Disney before.

Sans Souci

Hate that happening at Disney. End of Nov is a bit better than going in Dec, we find.
Sorry you were sick. Glad you are starting to feel better. GWS! Happy Birthday!!!!!🎂🎈

Thank you. I might try November over December, if I decide to go back for the holidays. I love the Christmas decorations and the festivities, but that is mitigated by the insane crowd levels.

Sans Souci

Hello-

I am think I am back to fully functional today. My appetite and food tolerance are back to normal and I even did some early AM yoga. I was supposed to go out for my birthday tonight with my family, but I canceled yesterday. I'd rather stay in. I don't want to pick anything else up. We'll just go somewhere after Christmas.

I used my Fitbit for my yoga this AM and it told me I burnt 75 calories for an hour of power yoga. WHAT?!?! I thought I was burning around 150. Man, I could probably burn 75 calories staying in my toasty bed in the morning. :cautious:;)

I am hoping the rain will stop and I can get out for a walk tomorrow. I'm feeling stir-crazy. o_O

epcotisbest

Have not posted any grilling pictures lately and at our house, grilling does not stop in the winter.
Made burgers and sausage yesterday, and ribs today. Ribs may be my favorite thing to cook. Served the ribs with
traditional bbq sides of coleslaw, baked beans and pickles (and a little piece of sausage too).

ribs2.jpgribs5.jpg

Sans Souci

Hello-

I thought I'd post in case anyone is still interested or interested in joining this thread. :)

I've still been doing yoga and walking when the weather permits. I've just finished a yin yoga class for hips. My husband and I are going to the Art Museum later on. I'm hoping it's a little empty, since there is an Eagles game today. I have a membership to the Art Museum and I still haven't run up the steps at the main entrance, I usually go in the back way since that's where the parking structure is. :p

My husband works for the Department of the Treasury, but fortunately, his agency hasn't been furloughed. I am hoping it stays that way. We went to DC last weekend and some of the trash cans on the National Mall had loads of piled around them. I can only imagine what it looks like one week later.

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. 🎆

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom