Rumor Photo I.D. required for entry??

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
My wife got into the habit of showing an AP and driver's license for most purchases. We've never had a problem doing that. :) I've not heard of being asked for ID going into a park with an AP, but it doesn't surprise me.

DisneyCane

In the real life this could be problematic. I know around here especially since it's holiday shopping time, if you go to many stores (best buy, walmart) and purchase high price items, like a laptop, cell phone and present a credit card, they are asking for ID.

Since I use my AP and my dvc card for the discounts I always have my cc and my id. nowadays its unbelievably easy to have them even without a wallet. I've got one of those cell phone sticky things, slip it in that or a pocket and I'm ready.
No argument. In everyday life my wife has her stuff with her but she leaves everything in the bag she takes to work. When she's going someplace with me, I drive (not a sexist thing she just doesn't particularly enjoy driving) and we can use my credit cards.

DisneyCane

Not wanting to be negative, but, any number of things could happen where an ID is necessary, none of them a positive reason, but, to go anywhere in public with no ID can be a major problem in identifying someone that is for whatever reason unable to communicate. A small ID takes up no space and surely doesn't weigh anyone down. The likelihood of anything happening is small, but, when one needs it, they usually really need it.
When you put it that way, I guess you have a point. Not the kind of things I want to think about on a trip to WDW. I'll pass your thoughts on to my wife and maybe she'll start keeping it with her when she doesn't "need" it.

Gillyanne

When you put it that way, I guess you have a point. Not the kind of things I want to think about on a trip to WDW. I'll pass your thoughts on to my wife and maybe she'll start keeping it with her when she doesn't "need" it.

I don't know how easy it is in FL but my friend (in MD) previously "lost" her license and paid $30 (or some similar non exorbitant fee) for a replacement. then gave one of them to her hubby who kept it in his wallet. she's much the same as your wife. if they go anywhere he drives and she's not a purse person so it wasn't habit for her to carry anything.

mergatroid

Due to arthritis in her hands my mother has extreme difficulty with the finger scanning machines, and they rejected her at just about every entry point. They would then call over a cast member "supervisor" who with some additional steps could resolve the issue. After a couple of problems with this they made her photo and associated that with her magic band.
For our last trip in June we informed them of our previous troubles and got them to associate a photo of her with her MB the first time we entered the parks. From then one we would let them know when we approached the tap style and they would have the supervisor right there, scan her MB, look at the photo, and let us right in.
I don't know if this is what was going on, but it could be that the photo ID was required if the individual was having finger scanning issues.

Good to know. I struggle with my dystonia and often get delayed waiting for a supervisor to sort things out if my scan fails

I was at WDW last week. They have signs at the booths now that say "Please have your ID ready with Annual Pass". They checked my ID at every park every time I went through a booth unless it was later in the day. Each time the attendant also said, "Thank you for having your ID ready!"

cdeev8690

Yes, when parking it seems random, some ask for photo ID with an AP, some don't...some just wave you by with barely a glance at it
Upon further investigation, the story is that the photo I.D. is being required for all AP holders upon entering the parking lots...supposedly this was always required but not always enforced.
Last weekend I was waved through before I could even get my hand out of the window to show them my AP card or ID. They need to really crack down on the inconsistencies. Either do away with the ID or require it every time, no exceptions.

I definitely was under the impression that ID's were required when using your AP (for park entry or for discounts). I've only been an AP for less than a year but for my trip this past April, most cast members asked for my ID once I presented my AP, so much so that for this time around when I visited last week, I always had the ID out with the AP. Most of the cast members studied the signatures on both cards, some even scanned my AP, and a small handful just saw the bright yellow card which was sufficient enough evidence.
Best to just get your ID ready instead of fumbling around for it in case a CM asks

BobM

I have been using Humira and now Entyvio. They both suppress my immune system. Touching the scanner will make me sick. Before I realized this problem, I spent my Disney Vacation with various medical problems — A real bummer. I requested the Photo ID method to avoid the scanner. No scanner = no medical problems. I went to customer relations where they photograph me and noted on my card that I could not use the scanner.

imsosarah

Last weekend I was waved through before I could even get my hand out of the window to show them my AP card or ID. They need to really crack down on the inconsistencies. Either do away with the ID or require it every time, no exceptions.

That’s silly. Be ready for it any time and appreciate when it isn’t required.

TraderSam

My DD just saw on another site that photo I.D.'s are now required in ADDITION to your MB to enter the parks...anyone have any additional info on this?
I understand needing it for parking and purchases. Are they asking for it at the gates? I thought that's why they scanned my fingerprints.

CJR

They really do it as needed. If it's in the morning or a busy day, the likelihood goes up that you'll be asked for your ID. If it's a slow day and you pull into Hollywood Studios at 7pm with a 9pm closing, there might not be anyone at the booth at all.

imsosarah

They need to be consistent and require it every time.

Spot checking is commonly used all the time to different extents (including as you walk through security at the airport) 95% of people don’t go through the full screening but some get pulled aside and do.

Globally this is a common security practice...

Not everything in life is all or nothing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom