Trip Report Waddling Around the World - 28 weeks pregnant, F&W Fall '18

This is probably going to be the most boring trip report because 1. I didn't take notes and 2. I didn't take nearly as many pictures as normal.

I will say that overall this wasn't one of my favorite trips, but we still had fun, so I wanted to share anyway. Plus I enjoy just documenting what we did (or what I remember that we did...)

When: October 11-16
Where: Split stay between Wilderness Lodge and Villas at the Grand Floridian
Why: Anniversary and sort of a babymoon, even though this was planned and the baby wasn't :hilarious:
Who: Me and my husband R (other reports linked in my signature)...and the unborn child, on her 3rd trip.

----------------

Our morning on the 11th began at 3am when I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep. Rather than lay there until my alarm went off at 3:30am :cautious:...I got up and started getting ready. R did the same and we made it out of the house around 4:10am.

We got to the airport with no issues and security was quick. Memphis was more crowded that normal, meaning there were 10 people instead of 2. :hilarious: Actually our flight was full, so it was a pretty crowded gate area.

Ready to go with my $5 water! I don't know why I do this...

Our flight was smooth and we landed on time around 10am. I think we were pulling away in our Magical Express around 10:30, and Wilderness Lodge was our first stop!

When we arrived, we headed to the bathrooms and changed clothes. Then we checked our bags with bell services and headed to the bus stop.

I was so thrilled to be back here! Wish our room had been ready early, but we had bad luck with that this time.

Two tired souls waiting on their bus. This picture was from my camera...

Can't see!

These are from my phone... I realized then I was probably going to be using my phone more. I upgraded to the X, and it's so much better than my old one! Plus I rented a lens for this trip and it was too big. I hated carrying it around! I will definitely stick with my compact lens next time.

We sat at the bus stop forever, and finally a bus for Epcot came. This would be the first of many times we waited quite a while for a bus while staying at WL :cautious: I should have taken notes so I could really share the ridiculousness with you guys. I remember this being an issue last time as well, but R didn't remember that. He will definitely remember this time! The bus situation kind of spoiled WL a little for us.

Up Next: First things first, food!

MySmallWorldof4

This is probably going to be the most boring trip report because 1. I didn't take notes and 2. I didn't take nearly as many pictures as normal.

I will say that overall this wasn't one of my favorite trips, but we still had fun, so I wanted to share anyway. Plus I enjoy just documenting what we did (or what I remember that we did...)

When: October 11-16
Where: Split stay between Wilderness Lodge and Villas at the Grand Floridian
Why: Anniversary and sort of a babymoon, even though this was planned and the baby wasn't :hilarious:
Who: Me and my husband R (other reports linked in my signature)...and the unborn child, on her 3rd trip.

----------------

Our morning on the 11th began at 3am when I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep. Rather than lay there until my alarm went off at 3:30am :cautious:...I got up and started getting ready. R did the same and we made it out of the house around 4:10am.

We got to the airport with no issues and security was quick. Memphis was more crowded that normal, meaning there were 10 people instead of 2. :hilarious: Actually our flight was full, so it was a pretty crowded gate area.

Ready to go with my $5 water! I don't know why I do this...

Our flight was smooth and we landed on time around 10am. I think we were pulling away in our Magical Express around 10:30, and Wilderness Lodge was our first stop!

When we arrived, we headed to the bathrooms and changed clothes. Then we checked our bags with bell services and headed to the bus stop.

I was so thrilled to be back here! Wish our room had been ready early, but we had bad luck with that this time.

Two tired souls waiting on their bus. This picture was from my camera...

Can't see!

These are from my phone... I realized then I was probably going to be using my phone more. I upgraded to the X, and it's so much better than my old one! Plus I rented a lens for this trip and it was too big. I hated carrying it around! I will definitely stick with my compact lens next time.

We sat at the bus stop forever, and finally a bus for Epcot came. This would be the first of many times we waited quite a while for a bus while staying at WL :cautious: I should have taken notes so I could really share the ridiculousness with you guys. I remember this being an issue last time as well, but R didn't remember that. He will definitely remember this time! The bus situation kind of spoiled WL a little for us.

Up Next: First things first, food!
Congratulations on your anniversary, and your future Disney fanatic! :)

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
Following! Love the food pics, you guys got 3 of the things we did so far. That Mac & Cheese was so good. I only took a bite because of the noodles but had I been home, where it didn’t matter if it killed my stomach I would have eaten the whole thing! I loved the spice. Definitely had jalepenos in it I think.

Happy Anniversary too btw. :)

And Fp+ is the devil as far as I am concerned - it has done that to us twice, with only B having fastpasses. I always screenshot them as soon as I make them now.
Ugh YES FP is the devil. The app was terrible this trip. I will definitely screen shot next time! I'm just glad the cast member believed me that I'd originally been on them.

Very cute costumes! Awesome that your hubby is a good sport about meet and greets. Looking forward to the rest of your trip!
Thank you! He's normally not, but he participated just this once. haha!
I think your parade pictures are great! Looked like a good spot to me.

I am in love with your costumes!! :inlove:
Thanks! It was a great spot to watch, I just wanted to be closer to one of those spots where the performers have the spotlight on them.

Your costumes are too cute!! Enjoying your report (and pictures!) as always! I love your picture of the Headless Horseman in front of the castle. Both times I've been to MNSSHP I watched Boo to You from Liberty Square. It looks so nice by the castle!:inlove:
Thank you! I liked that too...so glad I got to watch it on Main Street this time.

Awesome pictures! Costumes were awesome too!
My wife was about 6 months pregnant when we went in September, she was "Elastigirl" for the MNSSHP for her baby bump!
Thanks! Aww that sounds like a great costume!

Unless she’ll be like Ryleigh who was very “meh” about all of the characters 😂
haha let's hope not! Maybe if I start her early.

I love the Pooh costume! I think it's perfect! And kudos to you for making it through your trip. I think my ankles have tripled in size. Lol
Thank you! Oh man the swelling was intense. Mine thankfully went back to normal after a few days home.

Well...I would have to if it wasn't for my videos
PS I have picture envy
why oh why cant I get any good headless horseman photos :cautious:
Ah yeah, vlogging requires the good camera I guess. He's hard to photograph! It's so dark when he comes through.

Parade pictures are excellent!!

Love your custume, by the way! Adorable meet and greet photos with Pooh and Tigger, too!! :joyfull:
Thanks so much!

Great pics!

And the bus situation at WL is a big reason I have not wanted to stay there in years. I dont recall ever having prompt bus service the few times I stayed there. C and her mom stayed at Copper Creek earlier this year and were not happy with the buses either. Cant wait to hear about GF!
It's a curse there I guess. I have heard it from so many people!

The parade photos are fantastic! Why were you unhappy with the lighting?
Thank you! I just wanted to be closer to one of the places lit by a spotlight. But they aren't on before the parade, so I just had to guess at a location.

I’m sorry I’m late! But here now!

❤️ your Pooh costume. R is a hoot as Eeyore (although “hoot” might be a better word to describe Owl...)

❤️ your Haunted Mansion pics!

❤️ your Boo To You pics!

Don’t ❤️the WL bus issues. Sorry you always have a poor experience there.
Welcome! And thanks :happy: And yeah, the buses there just frustrate me. I think we'll probably still stay there again, but maybe sometime when we have a car or something.

Following along! Love love love all your pictures (and your costumes)! Too cute! :happy:
Thanks so much!

Love the costumes!
I love your costumes, they’re super adorable!
Love the costumes - awesome parade pics!

Thanks so much, friends!

Love your costumes! And you took wonderful pictures of the parade. The lead baton twirler was highlighted on the recent Disney Halloween Magic special.
Thank ya! That doesn't surprise me, she's excellent!

Congratulations on your anniversary, and your future Disney fanatic! :)
Thank you! We're determined to make her as big of a Disney fan as we are.

The costumes look great and you are glowing in all your pictures

Max
Aww thanks! I was certainly glowing at the party...with sweat :hilarious:

You look terrific :happy:
LOVE your costumes!! You look great!
Thanks, y'all!

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
After Boo to You was over, we got up and stretched all the kinks out of our legs.

I ran into the Emporium to grab another box of the mystery pins. And OF COURSE this box had the exact same two pins as the other box I bought hours before at a different store. :rolleyes: I have the worst dang pin luck. So I guess I'll be buying the rest on ebay.

We made our way toward the castle for Hallowishes and stood in the middle of the hub. I wasn't planning to try to get a bunch of good photos, so I wasn't worried about where we stood. I took a few with my 85mm lens still on.

Hallowishes is my absolute favorite nighttime spectacular at WDW. I LOVE it. I know they're going to change it eventually, and I'll definitely be sad about that one.

I don't remember why, but we headed toward Frontierland. Maybe we were going to get another snack? I can't remember if that's why we went or if we got a snack BECAUSE we went there.

Anyway we happened upon the Cadaver Dans, which I had completely forgotten about! Holy moly, I was pumped. We stopped and listened for a bit.

They are just so good and entertaining!

I tried getting more pins in the pin shop, but they didn't have the mystery box for some reason. Or the CM just didn't know what I was talking about.

Pecos Bill was about to close, so we popped in and got the Hades Nachos. I wasn't dead set on getting those, but I figured why not.
Don't get excited, they look GROSS.

They were decent, but I certainly wouldn't pay that much for them again. I can't even remember how much they were, but I know it was too much. :hilarious: It was nice to sit there with our waters and grub and just take in the night.

After we finished eating, we headed out of the park for the night. Looking back it seems like we didn't do that much, but I felt like we had a good, full night! I guess I'd have liked to get more candy, but we didn't trick or treat at all because we never wanted to wait in line and also we just didn't need the candy.

Up next: Day 2

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
I slept pretty well, and started stirring around 7:30. I think I made some decaf coffee and sat on the balcony to read for a bit. I haven't been drinking much caffeine, but I still love the ritual of having a cup on the balcony.

Such a beautiful view! I was very pleased with this location. It was room 4008 FYI.

The exif data on my next photo tells me that we left the room around 9. I'm surprised it was that late! We must have just been lazy that morning.

Morning, lodge!

This was one of the times we waited a WHILE for a bus. Then we were going to Hollywood Studios, so it took us 6 years to actually walk into the park. But we finally made it to Toy Story Land!

R wanted to try the S'mores sandwich I had raved about. The line was bonkers, so I placed a mobile order really quick and he ran up to get it while I sat down.

While I waited for him to get back, a lady pushed her stroller up beside my table and the little girl inside had her bubble wand going...it was like I had a beacon for it, the bubbles were going all over me :hilarious: This was not a pleasant bubble experience, so I got up and moved to a different chair at the table. She apologized when she noticed, thankfully. I don't mind the bubbles usually, but they were a little close this time.

Well R came back with the sandwich and we ate.

Sadly we were both disappointed. This wasn't nearly as gooey and delicious as when I had it in July.

Here's a comparison:

Oh well, at least we got a little sustenance so we could take on the day!

Our first stop was for this cute photo op

These are some of my favorites of the trip.

We had a FP for Ariel's whatever show thing, but it had expired. It didn't matter though, we went ahead and hopped in line about 5 minutes ahead of them letting us in. We'd actually never done this before, and it was pretty cute. Super dated and hokey, but cute.

Next we had a FP for the Indiana Jones Stunt Show, which we hadn't done since our first trip, I believe. It's been a while!

Up Next: More Hollywood Studios

sheriffwoody

Original Poster

I enjoy this show. It's not a must-do, but it was good to get off my feet, plus they have those big fans that feel great.

Next it was time to head back to TSL to ride Alien Swirling Saucers! I was excited to try it. I thought it was weird that I could ride this and not Slinky since that's supposedly a smooth ride...but hey I don't make the rules.

We didn't wait too long with our FP, and soon we were whipping around in our saucer.

Such a cute ride! We liked the song playing while we were in line better than what we got, but it was so much fun! Not something I'd wait long for, but I enjoyed it. R thought it was just like a better themed carnival ride. I mean, he's not wrong.

So cute!

Pretty sure I hit up the bathrooms for the 12th time after this, then we headed out of the park. We had foods we wanted to try!

I think this was the time that I wanted something to drink like a slushy or something, but wasn't feeling anything. I ended up going in Sbucks and getting a decaf latte of some kind and using my giftcard. It was good...hit the spot. I also stopped in one of the shops to return one of the pins I'd bought at Epcot the day before (the enamel was a little bubbly, and I honestly didn't need it anyway)

Up Next: F&W (again)

MySmallWorldof4

After we rested in the room for a while, I was ready to get out to the Halloween party. I thought we should have a little something to eat before we went so we didn't have to get a full meal while we were there.

We headed down to Roaring Fork and picked up an entree to split. Definitely took longer than I anticipated between the very slow cashier and the wait time for our food to be prepared. No worries though, we had time!

Spicy Chorizo Sausage
served with Grilled Onions, Peppers, Cilantro, and Thai Chili Sauce on a Pretzel Roll

It looks messy and it WAS. We ate it in our room while we got ready. I was just "meh" on it. It was fine, but I wouldn't get it again. I usually love anything chorizo too!

We got our costumes on and headed down to the boat a little after 5. We waited a little bit for a boat, but nothing outrageous. I think we were headed over there by 5:20.

I love this view! Clearly I had my camera with me for the party.

@Doc Disney had told me she and her mom lined up for Pooh and friends around 6:15/6:30, so I was feeling good on time. That was the first thing I really wanted to do because of our costumes.

I know allll the pregnant people do Pooh as a costume, but I couldn't resist. Plus it was really easy (other than the bag, which was expensive and I almost didn't buy. I caved about a week before the trip).

R came up with his costume himself! We went and got the fabric together and I sewed the ears and attached them to the hat, but it was totally all his idea. I probably would have made the ears out of paper :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: He's clearly the engineer of the two of us.

We headed in and went off to the right for the party entrance. I like this setup a lot, and I hope they continue this way. It's a lot more streamlined than it was a few years back!

We headed back toward the Pooh area to assess the situation.

The regular characters were still out meeting, so we decided to get a little treat before lining up.

Terrible horn placement, but this was actually pretty good! I wasn't sure what to expect with the lime, but I liked it. I planed to go back for the Peter Pan float another day, but we spent shockingly little time in MK this trip.

We ended up in line around 6:15, and bless my little Eeyore...he was so patient. He HATES waiting for characters, and he hates meeting them. But he knew it was important to me, and I had prepared him for this so we were good. It was the only picture I made him stand in line for.

I like this one because he actually looks sad :hilarious:

He doesn't look too miserable to me!

It's a bit fuzzy, but oh well.

They were super fun to meet! Pooh and I shared some honey from my honey pot, and Tigger acted really upset that I wasn't paying attention to him. Thankfully he obliged when I asked for a photo of just me and Pooh. I didn't want to offend him! I grabbed a hug from Eeyore and Piglet on the way out, but didn't really interact with them. R's opinion of the meet: "so weird."

At least soon I'll have a kid to meet characters with!

Next we went over to Big Top for me to get the pins I wanted. My mystery box was successful, and I only got one box because people have been getting a lot of duplicates. Unfortunately I went to the Emporium for another box later and got duplicates of the two I got before :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Still haven't been able to trade them and I'm so bummed!

Wish I could have ridden this :cry:

Up next: More MNSSHP
Love your costumes, and Pooh and Friends looks like it was totally worth a wait. They look adorable in their costumes.:)

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
Costumes, were so amazingly cute! Love, love, love!
I'm soooo late! Your costumes were totally cute... and why do all pregnant woman look adorable in over alls?
Love your costumes, and Pooh and Friends looks like it was totally worth a wait. They look adorable in their costumes.:)
Im in. Those costumes are brilliant. I love the boo to you parade your pictures (as always) are fantastic.
Your photos are fantastic! Thanks for sharing.

Thank you all so much!

sheriffwoody

Original Poster
Sorry for the absence. My Disney blues are pretty bad right now since we don't have a trip planned, so I haven't felt like getting on here as much. But I really want to finish this up so I have it documented before ALL my memories fall out of my head :hilarious: I definitely take after my mom being forgetful.

We left HS around lunchtime and headed to the boat. With all the construction, I wasn't sure where the walkway even was, plus my feet needed a rest.

There was a boat there but it was pretty full already. Luckily there was one lady nice enough to give me her seat. It was actually the only time the whole trip that someone offered me a seat on transportation. I owe it to the fact that I wasn't huge yet, so maybe some people didn't want to assume? But those overalls made it pretty obvious...anything with a stretchy panel is definitely maternity wear :hilarious:

We decided to get off at the Yacht Club and walk the rest of the way. I thanked the lady again for the seat, and she commented that she has 5 kids, so she knows how important it is to rest your feet! It's so true! I never realized it before, but my goodness...I needed to sit any chance I got.

Our first stop was the Brazil booth. I needed to give something a second chance...

Not too busy yet! It was hot in that sun though.

Brazil
  • Pão de Queijo: Brazilian Cheese Bread (GF) (V) (KA) – $4.25
  • Moqueca: Brazilian Seafood Stew featuring Scallops, Shrimp and White Fish with Coconut-lime Sauce and Steamed Rice – $5.25

Last time we got this it was cold, waxy and gross. We didn't even eat the second one. However, everyone RAVES about these things, so I wanted to try again. Fortunately this time they were very fresh and delicious. I am glad we gave them another chance because they moved way up to the top of my list. I definitely feel like these are a must-do now. 8/10

I also remember the seafood stew being quite good. It's been long enough now that I'm going to struggle to remember specifics, but I know I don't normally love scallops, but I liked this preparation. I'd absolutely get this again! It was also nice and fresh. 7/10

Up next was my absolute favorite festival item!

Morocco
  • Hummus Fries with Cucumber, Tomato, Onions and Tzatziki Sauce (V) – $5.00

GET IN MY BELLY! It was really hard for me to share with R, but I was nice and let him have some. They were perfectly crispy and spicy and the topping was portioned just right (sometimes they don't give you enough). It was PERFECTION. 10/10.

Next we headed to Japan
  • Teriyaki Chicken Bun: Steamed bun filled with Chicken, Vegetables and a Sweet Teriyaki Sauce (KA) – $5.50
  • Beef Nigiri topped with Shrimp Sauce and Diced Pickled Jalapeños (GF) – $5.95

I was surprised at how delicious this was. We don't liked the steamed bun things at China, but this little bun was delish! The filling was outstanding. I wish we'd gone back for this a second time, and I definitely hope it comes back next year. 9/10

The concept of beef nigiri is weird to me, but the flavor is there. It was really good! I think it needed two dollops of the jalepenos so each piece could have a good amount. 8/10

I guess that's all we managed for lunch because my next photos are at the front of the park for a little photo shoot! Had to get some photos for the gram, you know...

Got my hat from 999spyglass (on Etsy). She makes some really cute ones! Now you can get these at the parks too with different designs, so I guess Disney caught on that people like them. I still love my Orange Bird one too :inlove:

I think he was telling me how silly it was to try to take a selfie with my camera when I have a perfectly good phone in my pocket (he ain't wrong)

I have two pictures of us like this from this year (one from our May trip), and I love them both :happy:

From what I remember, when we got to the bus stop, a bus had just pulled away. My feet hurt and I was tired, so R consented to get a Lyft back to the resort. I thought they picked up right there where the taxis are, but Mears has a contract for exclusivity in that spot. After some wandering, I finally got on track to find the pickup for ride-share.

The driver didn't know where it was though and came to the bus stops. I think he got chewed out by the taxi guys, but he was dropping someone off too, so apparently he just didn't know. He found his way over to us and we were off.

I believe we just rested in the room for a couple of hours. I regret now that I never went to the pool :cry:

Up next: Dinner back in Epcot

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom