News Friendship Boat Service to Epcot unavailable due to Skyliner construction

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I literally almost booked that hotel specifically for that purpose. Wow saved me a but ton of money! Coronado Springs it is!

mmascari

queue the outrage in 3...2....1
I'm outraged that people actually take the boat from Yacht/Beach to Epcot.

From Boardwark, if it's there and loading right when you're walking by, then sure. But, otherwise, outraged at the thought of waiting for a boat to Epcot. :eek:

They really waited until the last minute to announce this. Swan and Dolphin announced this weeks ago.

Presumably because it's just a little bit farther from them. Not "far", but a little longer.

I'm not sure the exact distances, but walking to DHS always feels worse than the boat to me. While taking the boat to Epcot instead of walking always feels like the wrong decision.

Club Cooloholic

I
I'm outraged that people actually take the boat from Yacht/Beach to Epcot.

From Boardwark, if it's there and loading right when you're walking by, then sure. But, otherwise, outraged at the thought of waiting for a boat to Epcot. :eek:

Presumably because it's just a little bit farther from them. Not "far", but a little longer.

I'm not sure the exact distances, but walking to DHS always feels worse than the boat to me. While taking the boat to Epcot instead of walking always feels like the wrong decision.
Think because it's a shorter walk to epcot

DisneyNittany

We are Swan and Dolphin people. We usually take the boat to DHS (well, always now that the construction makes you walk an extra mile it seems). For Epcot, we usually walk, unless we are super tired/boat is there. Even then, we only take it to Yacht and Beach, since it would take longer to take it the whole way to IG.

Long story short, this shouldn't be an inconvenience at all, unless you're handicapped.

boufa

The outrage is that they are blaming this clear money saving budget cut, on construction. When will Disney stop lying to us about all of the cuts? #BlameFox

I mean really, they just need to pull the cables, can't they do it at night, why does it take weeks to complete? They are going slow, dragging their feet, so that they can save money by not running the boats. They didn't close the parking lot at DHS to put up the cables... because they make money on the parking lots, that's why. If they charged for the boats they wouldn't close them, they would have found a way!

Sarcasm

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I am OUTRAGED!!! My family was BORN ON THE FRIENDSHIP BOATS and we always ride them every trip!! But now they're CLOSED FOREVER!!! We'll never get to ride them AGAIN!!!!

DECLINING BY DEGREES!!!!! UGH!

(do i need to put a wink here or is it obvious already?)

My children were conceived on the Friendship boats and I can NEVER ride them again, I'm outraged!!!!! DISNEY HAS RUINED MY LIFE FOREVER!!!!!!!!!

;)

trainplane3

Plans are still being finalised. There may not be a blanket closure, nor (if needed) as lengthy as originally planned full closure. Watch this space.
We did several years ago...and it was painful.
Horizons_Full_777.jpg

Edit:
Fixed it:
Horizons_Full_777.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom